• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's back! Nightfall's "Ask the Sage" Scarred Lands Q&A

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*five*

Yeah I would have posted it myself but I promised people to limit my posts to 10 a day.

Therefore I had to stop.

In any case I got five left! So come on! Ask me a hard one! Or at least one that my now non-soaked brain can answer. :p

Like what does Geleeda dream about when she's sleeping? Or Is Anteas the best spellcaster around? (He might be. He's way better at being right than that Yugman cretin. :p)

So come on folks! Ask away. I can even try to answer your Tome of Battle, Tome of Magic, or even PHB II questions!

Nightfall

*six*

Ah excellent question! :) Beguilers I'd make them one of two ways: Former or current members of Lady of Serpents (and thus mostly a specialized group that used to doing assassin work) or specialized members of the Scaled. The point is they should be a subset of this group that has specialized their training specifically for infiltration, elimination, and most of all spying purposes.

Unless that's not what you meant by "tailor."

Same would be Ninjas except I'd probably have them exist in great numbers say on Asherak or else in the Dragon Lands. There they would be a breed of Exemplars trained to be more "subtle" as well as help the City states/God Kings in their missions. For the Dragon lands, they pretty much tattoo their bodies to represent which clan or society they favor/work for.

Any other class?

Nightfall

*three*

As stated before I do a lot of stuff in my head and as part of a Revised idea I have for the Scarred Lands.

When some of the following classes came out, Warlock and Hexblade especially, it made me think "Huh how do I fit those in there?" So I admit, I released two Titans. Specifically Mesos and Mormo. (I like magic and snakes. Sue me. :p :) ) Anyway my idea at the time was to have Mesos create Hexblades and Warlocks as a means of garnering strength in his fight against the Gods. (He lost again btw. But it was a lot tougher fight. Jandevoss(sp) aka That Which Abides, died again! So Mesos got in at least one god kill.)

Hexblades, Warlocks and now Spellthieves all derive their abilities thanks to Mesos. Mesos empowered these people as a means to prove the divine forces he wasn't to be trifled with. However he only made a handful of each class, mostly because he was more interested in creating a class that embodied the full might of a Titan with that of a clerical ability to channel powers. Thus while some survived many did not. Spellthieves work primarily in the shadows, keeping their "blood marks" a secret, as many do share having birth marks or signs of Mesos' favor. A few have tried to change over and have succeeded, albeit only by having marks of other titans or powers in their place. A very, very select few have gone further but only have long, long, time breeding plans in remote places. In any case spellthieves, and indeed Hexblade and Warlocks too are seen as truly abominable forms, a sign of Mesos' taint furthering it's distance from mortal mans "true magics" of clerics, the gods and indeed of divine spawn everywhere.

Howse that?

Nightfall

*six*

Glad I could help Fru. I'm still working on Duskblades... But then again I admit my bias for Mageblade in AE/AU is strong.

I am also considering how to make the following into templates: Medusae, Hag, Annis, Hag, Green, Hag, Sea, Hag, Night Hag.

Mostly because I think Hags SHOULD be templates, not just ordinary monsters.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Nightfall said:
I am also considering how to make the following into templates: Medusae, Hag, Annis, Hag, Green, Hag, Sea, Hag, Night Hag.

Mostly because I think Hags SHOULD be templates, not just ordinary monsters.
Completely agreed. Post your templates when they get done. ;)

Twowolves

Explorer
Ninjas are definately Dragon Lands material. Kobold ninjas!

Beguillers, IMO, are all about the Scaled and the Courteseans of Idra.

On a completely different subject (sorta), Nightfall: have you ever considered ways to cure the Forsaken Elves, assuming Jandaveos stays (rightly) dead? I thought of a way, and one of my players independantly came up with the same idea, and I wondered if anyone else had the same idea we did or not.

Remove ads