• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's the March Movie Monster Mayhem Marathon Challenge!

Krishnath

First Post
Well, he isn't supposed to be an animal, but rather a unique monstrous humanoid with traits from lions, boars, and bulls, I think he had wings in the original story also, but i could be mistaken.

OT: As for fundamentalists/fanatics I think they are all a bad lot, no matter which religion they belong to, although the christian and muslim funamentalists are clearly the worst of a very bad lot. And I'm saying this as a liberal protestant (Christian).

But we really should get this thread back on topic, I think we are scaring of the other players. :p (Clay_More: Reply to this in the Dark Fey Thread).

Anyways, back on topic:

Something that I find interresting about the entries thus far in the movie monster challenge, is that none of the really classical movie monsters (The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Them!, The Blob, Frankenstein, The Wolfman, and The Mummy) haven't been covered at all...

If anyone new, wants to play, read the rules on the first page before responding. :D

There is hardly a book in history that has been the tied to more deaths and murders than the bible... Anyone remember the crusades?

The Crusades were a defensive action against the Muslim invaders invading Europe at that time.
If the European knights and royalty had not stopped the Muslims, history would be radically different.
No, the Crusades were not organizaed well, but they served their purpose--stopping the Muslim invaders.

Geocorona

First Post
True, the Muslims started the first "crusade", so they have no room to complain. They gave Christians the idea. It was not a Christian concept to convert by swordpoint, which is why they eventually grew out of it.

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Hey everyone! :)

Listen, not to insult or rainparade, but I really like this contest and I wouldn't want it shut down before I can submit my entry....

Krishnath

First Post
I agree, we should leave the religious discussions alone, as nothing good can come of them, unless of course one is willing to listen with an open mind and without prejudice.

DONT MAKE ME DELETE THE CHALLENGE, CAUSE I CAN!

Now that "that" is out of the way, anyone else care to contribute to the challenge?

Later,

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
If it would be ok to use some details from the book I would like to do Rawhead Rex. If not, I'll take Torch or Jester from the Puppet Master films. (So hard to decide! :)

Krishnath

First Post
Rawhead Rex? What movie?

Well, the rules are quite clear, if it is in a movie and it can be classed as a monster (no smurfs or muppets here) it is legal, even if many of the 'powers' where only revealed in a book, try to keep it as close to the movie version as possible though.

Later,

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
He's from...ready?...

Rawhead Rex.

;)

It's a late 80s movie about some sort of ogre. The original story is in one of Clive Barker's Books of Blood.

Indeedy do! I was about to post that very same thing a few hours back. Then got sidetracked by studying UK censorship laws. (Something you can come across pretty easy while looking for horror movie or other such databases.)

Basically the only thing that would make Rawhead Rex different from your average ogre is that it was stronger and probably had damage reduction of some sort.

I will go for the Puppet Master Puppet: Blade (cute lil psychotic looking one with a hook for one hand and a knife for the other. :)

Krishnath

First Post
Clive Barker ey, heard about the 'lost souls' mini series he is developing?

Blade the puppet it is then, I just hope that you'll finish it before the end of march (coming up quickly btw...) :D

Later,

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads