James Gunn Co-CEO of DCU Studios

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Just watched Black Adam, it was a lot of fun. Best DC movie I've watched since Aquaman, better in some ways (for me, Atlantis itself is the star of movie).

But until lately I preferred Marvel movies because honestly not a big Superman, Flash, or Batman guy, so I wasn't really into DC, I loved my X-men mostly, which is Marvel, but learned love other Marvel characters.

But that actually began to change with Legends of Tomorrow, loved Legend of Tomorrow despite a few misteps.

Really liked Black Adam, more then I expected, great cast.

If James Gunn can take that and do something great, then Marvel should be worried.
by all accounts Black Adam was very much a Dwayne Johnson beast, Cavill is managed by Dwaynes business partner Dany Garcia, both of whom (along with Dany's brother) are listed as Producers of Black Adam. Dwayne has been vocal about wanting a Black Adam v Superman movie confrontation, so they wont be wanting to lose their nest egg.

Gunn is talking with Peter Safran about some movies and of course theres Batman 2 and the JLA stuff floating around too. Of course Black Adam has largely snubbed Shazam (despite being a producer) and apparently has beef with Safran.)

Anyone know if Gunn and Johnson have a good relationship?

Last edited:

Haplo781

Legend
Executive Producers primarily do stuff like get financing for a movie, hire keep people like producers and set up a budget, dialog for a particular characters is not part of an Executive Producers job. Don't get me wrong, he likely had impute into those characters, but that isn't sort of micro managing isn't actually the job of an Executive Producer.
Uh... Do you actually work in the industry? Because I've been in TV and film since 2015 and EPa absolutely have creative input.

Also, I didn't say anything about dialogue. No idea where you got that.

Uh... Do you actually work in the industry? Because I've been in TV and film since 2015 and EPa absolutely have creative input.

Also, I didn't say anything about dialogue. No idea where you got that.

I didn't say Executive Producers have no creative input, my point was that there is a lot more of the business side to what an Executive Producer does.

Here is what I found when I wanted to know what an Executive Producer does.

Remove ads