[Jan] What are you playing?

Neo

Explorer
Currently playing the following...

MMORPGs
EVE Online
WoW
occasionally CoH (IMO these three are the only decent MMORPG's out atm, though each to thier own of course)

Other Games on PC
NeverWinter Nights 2 (didnt really grab me in the same way the first did, but still a nice game)
Galactic Civilisations 2 (excellant game, this is what MoO3 should have been)
UFO Aftershock (very X-Com like in concept, looking forward to the imminent Afterlight followup game too)
Fallout 2 (rebought the Fallout Collection on DVD as a White Label release, been great to play the old favourites again, pity not many games of this caliber are produced anymore).

Other Games on other Platforms
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) ~ what can I tell you I like pokemon games heh, nice simplistic RPGs
Lord of the Rings: Third Age (GameCube) ~ good game, that had the potential to be a great RPG had it been more open ended and with actual character creation..but as is it is still enjoyable.

Squire James

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Playing Chrono Trigger. It needs a real sequel badly.

Put NWN2 aside, probably won't finish it.

Still have HoMM5 and Suikoden 5 to finish.

Chrono Trigger is a hard act to follow. I wouldn't have minded if it became a series like Final Fantasy used to be... a series of games set in different worlds. Maybe tie them together with some common element... like how each world deals with Lavos (and have a drastically different solution each time). Sort of like Chrono Cross without all that Crossing, if you know what I mean. Even a graphical upgrade of Chrono Trigger would be nice (though if they do that they might as well do a new game too).

bodhi

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
But on the Wii...
I've been looking for one of those. Good thing for me it's more of a hankering than "I MUST HAVE IT!". Then again, if I were like that, I would've pre-ordered one.

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Street Fighter II(SNES)
Oh lordy. I knew about the Virtual Console thing, and thought it'd be neat to spend a few hours just swimming and flipping in Ecco the Dolphin again, but I completely spaced on the hours (days/weeks) spent with SF2. Nintendo, you are truly evil.

Oops, ObTopic: WoW, Quake4 (recently picked up, cheap)

City of Heroes deepens its hold on me as I stop trying to solo everything and actually team up. Even so, playing blasters and scrappers has unmistakable kick-butt-appeal but when you exit the really good missions EVERYONE loves the only defender that was in the team.

I think I'll go back and play some more Pirates! as well with the sole aim of for the first time rescuing all family members. Maybe it'll keep me occupied until Spore... :\

takyris

First Post
NWN1, co-op, with my wife.

NWN2, solo.

NWN2 is... interesting. Some very nice bits, and some bits that just make my teeth hurt. I'm only a bit into the game, but it already looks like Obsidian did something that they did in KOTOR2 as well: they tried to introduce moral ambiguity into a world of objective morality.

(I may be wrong on this, and it could well just be my distrust of Obsidian at this point.)

But man, oh man, oh man, did I hate it when Kreia gave me the whole "What is good and what is evil, and how many evils have come about as the result of good" song and dance in KOTOR2. At the end, I kept looking unsuccessfully for the dialogue option that read, "You know, babe, justify it to yourself however you want. All I know is that your name has Darth in front of it, and I've got a lightsaber. It's pretty clear how this is going to go down."

But no, instead I get Lawful Stupid dialogue options.

It could turn out differently -- I'm really really really hoping it does. We'll see.

Oh, and Bookworm Adventures. :) I one-shotted a boss with "AMELIORATED".

And when I get back to work, more MASS EFFECT.

Glyfair

Explorer
Right now I'm playing King of Dragon Pass in between my brother's DDO sessions. I've forgotten how addicting it can be. It's also nice to play a game without worrying about how much it taxes your system resources to be the flashiest game out there.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Still playing Warhammer 40K Dark Crusade but I picked up Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion over the holidays. However, I picked up Company of Heroes this weekend and I don't think 40K or Oblivion are going to see much play for a VERY long time. :)

Neo

Explorer
Man in the Funny Hat said:
Even so, playing blasters and scrappers has unmistakable kick-butt-appeal but when you exit the really good missions EVERYONE loves the only defender that was in the team.

made me laugh when I read this as it is so very very true.

Remove ads