JA's upcoming game - The Borderland Keep

Rhun

First Post
I get hung up on the weirdest things sometimes. You know what I am looking forward to? Tetke writing the Rosedown Almanac. Yes, an almanac.

I mean, it is, I think, completely in character, but at the same time, you would not think it would be the sort of detail I would really care that much about as a player.

I actually like it. And don't forget to enlist Edoryan's aid...as a ranger, he would be good at helping to calculate distances and directions and the locations of goblins and such and such. :)

Kaodi

Hero
I actually like it. And don't forget to enlist Edoryan's aid...as a ranger, he would be good at helping to calculate distances and directions and the locations of goblins and such and such. :)

Oh, don't you worry. Edoryan was always going to be drafted for Tetke's personal surveying of the entire Barony, ;) .

Rhun

First Post
Oh, don't you worry. Edoryan was always going to be drafted for Tetke's personal surveying of the entire Barony, ;) .

Well, I sort of figure that Edoryan will be doing a lot of exploring when he isn't working to develop his land grant. There are some locations on JA's map that certainly have intriguing names. And he will probably hire a foreman or administrator to take care of much of the "busy work" that will go along with that.

Kaodi

Hero
Well, I sort of figure that Edoryan will be doing a lot of exploring when he isn't working to develop his land grant. There are some locations on JA's map that certainly have intriguing names. And he will probably hire a foreman or administrator to take care of much of the "busy work" that will go along with that.

Exploring is probably going to take up quite a bit of our time. I just realized that even the distance from our lands to Rosedown is not insubstantial for travel by foot. Like 10 miles from my place... I (or even we) might possibly be better off buying a place in town to live and leave our estates to trusted servants rather than spending a ton of time trekking back and forth.

Rhun

First Post
Exploring is probably going to take up quite a bit of our time. I just realized that even the distance from our lands to Rosedown is not insubstantial for travel by foot. Like 10 miles from my place... I (or even we) might possibly be better off buying a place in town to live and leave our estates to trusted servants rather than spending a ton of time trekking back and forth.

10 miles is what, like 90 minutes by (light) horse? Not insubstantial to be sure, but not too far. I guess it will depend on how often we are called to town and about the baron's affairs, and how often we are on our own.

Kaodi

Hero
10 miles is what, like 90 minutes by (light) horse? Not insubstantial to be sure, but not too far. I guess it will depend on how often we are called to town and about the baron's affairs, and how often we are on our own.

In Tetke's line of work every day he is not out exploring would probably be a day best spent in Rosedown. Three hours minimum of travel each day would just not be an efficient use of time. And a sage needs to be where the books and the customers are, unless, you know, he has graduated to epic reclusive sage.

Rhun

First Post
In Tetke's line of work every day he is not out exploring would probably be a day best spent in Rosedown. Three hours minimum of travel each day would just not be an efficient use of time. And a sage needs to be where the books and the customers are, unless, you know, he has graduated to epic reclusive sage.

Perhaps a horse-drawn carriage? Then he could read and write while in transit. Something to consider, at any rate.

Aldin doesn't really like the idea of having to run a house, so he'll hire some kind of caretaker for his homestead and will likely build himself a tavern in Rosedown to generate a bit of extra coin.

Rhun

First Post
Aldin doesn't really like the idea of having to run a house, so he'll hire some kind of caretaker for his homestead and will likely build himself a tavern in Rosedown to generate a bit of extra coin.

Edoryan is thinking of setting up a brewery on his land to brew beer from the barley he will be growing...so now I know where he'll be able to sell it!

I foresee my ranger and your dwarf getting along quite well, which is good since our domains are quite near to one another.

Last edited:

Remove ads