• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JA's upcoming game - The Borderland Keep

kinem

Adventurer
looks good tome
if it is okay I dont plan to post a rouges gallery but to keep them in here...trying to reduce the number of threads i have to look at :)

JA, I think a rogues' gallery would be a good idea. Yes it's another thread, but it's a lot more convenient to have all of the PCs in one place. We could post them in both threads if you prefer. I know I'll have to look up my character sheet often and if it's just in OOC I'd have to remember which page it's on and to find it amid all of the other posts. As DM, you'd have to do the same but times six.

I'm looking forward to this game.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
JA, I assumed that Heinz was able to borrow spellbooks to get additional spells known (paying the standard fees) instead of buying scrolls (which is more expensive). Let me know if that's not the case.

[sblock=Heinz Walker, LN human magus 5]
[sblock=stats]
AC 18 (+2 dex, +1 dodge, +5 armor); touch 13, ff 15

saves Fort +6, Reflex +3, Will +4; move 30'; BAB +3; CMD 17; CMB +5; HD 5d8+10; hp 42

load w/MW backpack 66 light, 133 med, 200 heavy

Str 14/+2
Dex 14/+2; init +2
Con 14/+2
Int 20 (22 w/ headband)/+6; concentration +13 (+17 combat casting); cast defensively DC 15 + 2 x spell level
Wis 10/+0
Cha 7/-2

attacks:
longsword +6 melee two handed (1d8+4, 19-20/x2) or one handed (1d8+3, 19-20/x2)
or flail +5 melee two handed (1d8+3, 20/x2) or one handed (1d8+2, 20/x2)
or longbow +6 ranged (+7 w/PBS within 30') (1d8+3, 20/x3, 100' range inc)

traits: Focused mind (+2 conc), Armor expert (-1 on ACP)
feats: Combat casting, Dodge, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Toppling Spell (force spell only, +1 spell level inc)

The magus’s class skills are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Fly (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

(3+5)*5 skill ranks + headband

skills (ranks/tot; acp=0): climb 5/10, handle animal 5/3, knowledge (arcana) 4/13, knowledge (dungeoneering) 5/14, ride 5/10, swim 1/6, spellcraft 5/14, perception 5/5, stealth 5/7, survival 5/5
[/sblock]
[sblock=spells]
spells in spellbooks: 15 0th, 16 1st, 7 2nd (includes spells obtained by paying to borrow spellbooks)
0: Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Spark
1: burning hands, chill touch, color spray, corrosive touch, feather fall, floating disk, frostbite, grease, infernal healing, magic missile, ray of enfeeblement, shocking grasp, shield, silent image, true strike, unseen servant
2: cat's grace, flaming sphere, invisibility, mirror image, glitterdust, stone call, web

spells/day: 4 0th, 6 1st, 4 2nd; DC 16 + spell level; note spell recall

typical spells prepared:
0: detect magic, ghost sound, light, prestidigitation
1: color spray, frostbite (1d6+5 nonlethal + fatigue; 5 times), infernal healing, magic missile (3 x 1d4+1), shocking grasp (5d6), shield
2: flaming sphere (3d6), mirror image (1d4+1 images), stone call (2d6), toppling magic missile (+11 trip)

Arcane Pool (Su): 8 points. The pool refreshes once per day when the magus prepares his spells.
At 1st level, a magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant any weapon he is holding a +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute. For every four levels beyond 1st, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +5 at 17th level. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon enhancement to a maximum of +5. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves. At 5th level, these bonuses can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst.

Adding these properties consumes an amount of bonus equal to the property’s base price modifier. These properties are added to any the weapon already has, but duplicates do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other properties can be added. These bonuses and properties are decided when the arcane pool point is spent and cannot be changed until the next time the magus uses this ability. These bonuses do not function if the weapon is wielded by anyone other than the magus. A magus can only enhance one weapon in this way at one time. If he uses this ability again, the first use immediately ends.

Spell Combat (Ex)
At 1st level, a magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If he casts this spell defensively, he can decide to take an additional penalty on his attack rolls, up to his Intelligence bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on his concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A magus can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if he has more than one attack, he cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks.

Spellstrike (Su)
At 2nd level, whenever a magus casts a spell with a range of “touch” from the magus spell list, he can deliver the spell through any weapon he is wielding as part of a melee attack. Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a magus can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell. If successful, this melee attack deals its normal damage as well as the effects of the spell. If the magus makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks. This attack uses the weapon’s critical range (20, 19–20, or 18–20 and modified by the keen weapon property or similar effects), but the spell effect only deals ×2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the weapon damage uses its own critical modifier.

Spell Recall (Su): At 4th level, the magus learns to use his arcane pool to recall spells he has already cast. With a swift action he can recall any single magus spell that he has already prepared and cast that day by expending a number of points from his arcane pool equal to the spell’s level (minimum 1). The spell is prepared again, just as if it had not been cast.

Magus Arcana:
Arcane Accuracy (Su): The magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant himself an insight bonus equal to his Intelligence bonus on all attack rolls until the end of his turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=equipment]
equipment: 10k magic (max 5k 1 item) + 2740 gp
10k (9995 gp):
headband of vast intelligence +2 (knowledge: dungeoneering); 4k; 1 lb
+1 longsword (1d8, 19-20/x2); 2315 gp; 4 lbs
+1 composite (+2 str) darkwood longbow (1d8; 20/x3; 110' range inc); 2630 gp; 1.5 lbs
Quiver of Endless Arrows, 900 gp, 3 lbs
potion of cure light wounds (1d8+1); 50 gp
potion of protection from evil (x2); 100 gp

2740 gp:
+1 chain shirt (net ACP 0); 1250 gp; 25 lbs

spells from borrowed spellbooks, written in spellbook:
-floating disk, 15 gp
-infernal healing, 15 gp
-corrosive touch, 15 gp
-unseen servant, 15 gp
-ray of enfeeblement, 15 gp
-web, 60 gp
-invisibility, 60 gp
-cat's grace, 60 gp

spellbook, 3 lbs
duplicate spellbook (with copied spells), 272.5 gp, 3 lbs
spell component pouch (x2), 10 gp, 4 lbs

arrow, grappling, 1 gp, 0.5 lbs
cold iron flail (1d8, 20/x2, disarm, trip), 16 gp, 5 lbs
weapon cord, 1 sp
periscope, 20 gp, 4 lbs

masterwork backpack (treat str as 1 higher for carrying capacity), 50 gp, 2 lbs
waterskin, 1 gp, 4 lbs
bedroll, 0.1 gp, 5 lbs
clothing, explorer's outfit, 8 lbs
clothing, traveler's outfit (x2), 2 gp, 10 lbs
compass, 10 gp, 0.5 lb
rope, silk, 50'; 10 gp, 5 lbs
MW manacles, 50 gp, 2 lbs
signal whistle (x10), 8 gp
game, board (Siege, a strategy game), 5 gp, 2 lbs
acid flask, 10 gp, 1 lb (focus for acid splash, +1 damage)
liquid ice, 40 gp, 2 lb (focus for ray of frost, +1 damage)
alchemists' fire, 20 gp, 1 lb (consumable component for flaming sphere; targets catch fire)
alchemical grease (x2), 10 gp, 2 lb (consumable component for grease; +1 DC)
bag, waterproof (x2), 1 gp, 1 lb

ink (1 oz), 8 gp
inkpen, 1 sp
paper (10 sheets), 4 gp
34 gp, 7 sp
[/sblock]
[sblock=horse]
horse "Peeko"; black; Heinz has handle animal +3 vs DC 10 to command a horse
heavy, war trained (extra 225 gp over riding horse); carrying 3 weeks' rations for Heinz
AC 19 (t 13, ff 15); hp 19; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3; Init +4; Speed 50 ft; Perception +8
Melee bite +5 (1d4+5), 2 hooves +5 (1d6+2)
chain shirt barding (+4 horse AC, -2 ACP), 400 gp
military saddle, 20 gp
bit & bridle, 2 gp, 1 lb
saddlebags, 4 gp, 8 lbs; hold 250 lbs
animal feed, 10 days, 0.5 gp, 100 lbs
[/sblock]
[sblock=description]
Heinz is 6'0" tall, 180 lbs, 27 years old, and has black hair and dark brown eyes. He is single.

He is gruff and speaks bluntly, which sometimes makes him a poor leader, but his impressive combat skills are in high demand. He is proud of his ability to mix magic and martial skills. His motto is "Confidence is earned but courage earns it."

He was pleased to get the offer to be a warden of RoseDown and is eager for the practical experience as a test of his largely theoretical strategic and leadership skills. The salary sounds good to him as well.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
LOL

I will create a new rouges gallery for my new games :)
just give me a day to get it set up

Borrowing spell books is okay, i dont have an issue with it..

Also i am needing each of you guys email address so I can send a Mircrosoft Spreadsheet with the map and other information on it for your own personal reference tool etc.

Kaodi

Hero
I had never realized there were rules for paying other wizards fees to use their spellbooks. I think that may be a good use for some of my substantial left over wealth, though I think I like the idea of my character still have held on to a fair amount of liquid funds.

Kaodi

Hero
I know this is the third time I post this, but if I am going to say I updated it I might as well just post the whole thing. Now with more spells, a real name and a background! ;)

[sblock=Sage Tetke]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Elf
Class: Wizard (Diviner)
Level: 5
Alignment: Neutral
Languages: Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc
Deity: Elven Pantheon[/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]
STR: 10
DEX: 10
CON: 10
INT: 21 (23)
WIS: 15
CHA: 10[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
HP: 00 = [1d??=??] + 0 (CON) + 0 (misc) + 0 (favored class)
AC: 10 = 10 + 0 (armor) + 0 (shield) + 0 (DEX) + 0 (misc)
AC Touch: 10 = 10 + 0 (DEX) + (misc)
AC Flatfooted: 10 = 10 + 0 (armor) + 0 (shield) + 0 (misc)
INIT: +2 = +0 (DEX) + 2 (misc)
BAB: +2 = +2 (Wizard)
CMB: +2 = +0 (STR) + 2 (BAB)
CMD: 12 = 10 + 0 (STR) + 0 (DEX) + 2 (BAB)
Fort: +2 = +1 (base) + 0 (CON) + 1 (misc)
Reflex: +2 = +1 (base) + 0 (DEX) + 1 (misc)
Will: +6 = +4 (base) + 2 (WILL) + 1 (misc)
Speed: 30 ft.
Damage Reduction:
Spell Resistance:
Spell Failure: 0%[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]
Shortbow(ranged): +2 = +2 (BAB) + 0 (DEX) + 0 (feat)/ DMG = 1d6(P), CRIT 20x3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]
+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con
Low-light Vision
Elven Immunities
Elven Magic
Keen Senses
Weapon Familiarity[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
Arcane Bond (Ring)
Arcane School (Divination, Enchantment/Necromancy)
- Forewarned (+2)
- Diviner's Fortune (+2) 9/day
Cantrips[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats & Traits]
1st Wizard- Scribe Scroll
1st lvl- Breadth of Knowledge
3rd lvl- Skill Focus (K History)
5th Wizard- Craft Wondrous Item
5th lvl- Skill Focus (K Religion)

Traits:
a) Elven Pantheist
b) Scholar of the Great Beyond[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 45 = [2 (class) + 05 (INT)] x 05 (LvL) + 05 (misc) + 05 (Favored Class)
Max Ranks: 05
ACP: -0

Skills:
() = class skill
^ = trained only
Code:
Total                      Stat   Rank  CS  Misc  ACP
+00 =  Acrobatics          +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   DEX
+00 =  Appraise            +00    +00   +0  +00        INT
+00 =  Bluff               +00    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+00 =  Climb               +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   STR
+00 =  Craft:_____         +00    +00   +0  +00        INT
+00 =  Diplomacy           +00    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+na =  Disable Device^     +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   DEX
+00 =  Disguise            +00    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+00 =  Escape Artist       +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   DEX
+00 =  Fly                 +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   DEX
+na =  Handle Animal^      +00    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+02 =  Heal                +02    +00   +0  +00        WIS
+00 =  Intimidate          +00    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+16 =  Know:Arcana^        +06    +05   +3  +02        INT
+13 =  Know:Dungeoneering^ +06    +02   +3  +02        INT
+16 =  Know:Engineering^   +06    +05   +3  +02        INT
+14 =  Know:Geography^     +06    +03   +3  +02        INT
+20 =  Know:History^       +06    +05   +3  +06        INT
+14 =  Know:Local^         +06    +03   +3  +02        INT
+13 =  Know:Nature^        +06    +02   +3  +02        INT
+16 =  Know:Nobility^      +06    +05   +3  +02        INT
+17 =  Know:Planes^        +06    +05   +3  +03        INT
+20 =  Know:Religion^      +06    +05   +3  +06        INT
+na =  Linguistics^        +00    +00   +0  +00        INT
+04 =  Perception          +02    +00   +0  +02        WIS
+00 =  Perform:_____       +00    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+04 =  Profession^:_____   +02    +00   +0  +02        WIS
+00 =  Ride                +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   DEX
+02 =  Sense Motive        +02    +00   +0  +00        WIS
+na =  Sleight of Hand^    +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   DEX
+14 =  Spellcraft^         +06    +05   +3  +00        INT
+00 =  Stealth             +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   DEX
+02 =  Survival            +02    +00   +0  +00        WIS
+00 =  Swim                +00    +00   +0  +00   -0   STR
+na =  Use Magic Device^   +00    +00   +0  +00        CHA
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasting]
Spells Prepared (CL 5th, DC = 16 + Spell Level)
3 (2+1) - Fireball (DC 19), Major Image (DC 19), Tongues
2 (4+1) - Detect Thoughts, Glitterdust x 2 (DC 18), Resist Energy, Shatter
1 (5+1) - Feather Fall, Mage Armour, Magic Missile x 3, True Strike
0 (4) - Acid Splash, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation

Spells in Book
3 - Dispel Magic, Fireball, Major Image, Tongues
2 - Detect Thoughts, Fox's Cunning, Glitterdust, Knock, Resist Energy, Shatter
1 - Comprehend Languages, Crafter's Fortune, Detect Secret Doors, Endure Elements, Feather Fall, Identify, Mage Armour,

Magic Aura, Magic Missile, Protection From Evil, True Strike, Unseen Servant
0 - All Common Except Enchantment/Necromancy[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment                    	Cost  Weight
Bonded Ring of Sustenance	2500
Shortbow			  30	2 lbs.
Quiver w/20 Arrows		   1	3 lbs.
Headband of Vast Intellect +2	4000	1 lb.
Cloak of Resistance +1		1000 	1 lb.
Wand of Magic Missiles (1st/25)	 375
Spell Component Pouch		   5    2 lbs.
Handy Haversack			2000	5 lbs.
- Spellbook				3 lbs.
- 2 Potions of CLW		 100
- Scroll of Snapdragon Fireworks  25
- 2 Scholar's Outfits   	   5   12 lbs.
- 3 Explorer's Outfits		  30   24 lbs.
- Hot Weather Outfit		   8	4 lbs.
- Cold Weather Outfit 		   8	7 lbs.
- 6 Blank Books		          90   18 lbs.
- 6 Vials of Ink		  48   .5 lbs.
- 3 Inkpens			  .3
- Magnifying Glass		 100
- Area Map			  50	
Heavy Warhorse			 225
- Military Saddle		  60   40 lbs.
- Saddlebags			   4	8 lbs.
  - 1 Week of Animal Feed	       70 lbs.
  - Portable Alchemist Lab	  75   40 lbs.
  - 2 Bedrolls			  .2   10 lbs.
  - 2 Blankets			  .4    2 lbs.
  - 50 ft. Silk Rope		  10	5 lbs.
  - Medium Tent			  15   30 lbs.		

Total weight carried: 22 lbs.
Treasure: 14 pp, 167 gp, 78 sp, 30 cp Gems: Semi-Precious Gems (1000 gp)

Carrying Capacity:
light- 33
medium- 66
heavy- 100 [/sblock]
[sblock=Details]
Size: Medium
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 127 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Black
Skin Color: Light Tan
Appearance: Well Kept
Demeanor: Distant[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]From a very young age, the elf known as Tetke had been obsessed "knowing" . This obsession led him to devour every book he could lay his hands on, pick every brain that would open to him, and to spend years cross-referencing his own notes in the hopes of finding connections passed over by "lesser minds" . Yes, when it comes to facts and figures, Tetke can be as haughty as an elf comes. But this haughtiness is derived in part from well deserved pride. Before he had even reached his 125th birthday, he had earned the honoured title of " Sage " , something often not accomplished by elves many decades his senior.

Several years ago, Tetke came to the realization that if he was going to keep advancing in the world, he would need some place to practice the trade of knowing. Not that there was necessarily a shortage of work at home. But sometimes it is not enough to be "a" sage. One desires to the "the" sage. So he began looking for opportunities to offer his services. This is how he came to apply to the post at Rosedown. It would be a perfect starting place: somewhere he would be the undisputed master of knowing, a place where he would become the foremost expert, and where he would make a wage with which to acquire research materials and build a new library. You can imagine his displeasure when his application was not immediately returned with proper adoration. But undeterred, Tetke nevertheless began researching Rosedown, its history and its environs. By the time he received the letter of commission, he had long ago exhausted the research materials at hand and had moved onto other subjects.

It should be noted that in addition to having an unparalled mind for knowing things, Tetke is in fact an accomplished diviner as well. When he was younger, before he reinvented himself as "Tetke" (his parents did not approve of the change of name), it had not been a sure thing that he would find a mentor suited to his talents. In fact, it was one of the short lived humans that took him on as a student, so impressed by the relative immediacy of the young elf's thirst for knowledge that he overlooked the fact that it was a struggle to tear Tetke away from the books long enough to teach him the practicable skills needed for the wielding of arcane forces. Had it not been for the obvious synergy between knowing and divining, it may have been a hopeless task. When his master had grown old and died, Tetke inherited a few of the man's trinkets, including the magical headband that further expanded his mind.[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Notes] None yet[/sblock]
[sblock=Level Ups]
Level 6
Class:
BAB: +0 to +0
Fort: +0 to +0
Ref: +0 to +0
Will: +0 to +0
Feat:
Class Features:
HP: +?? = (1d?? - 2 = ?) + 0 [CON] + ?? (Old Total) = ?? (new total)
Skill Ranks: +?? = +?? (Class) + 0 (misc) + ?? (Old Total) = ?? (new total)
Skills:
Favored Class Bonus:[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
JA, would you allow this magical item into the game?

- Quiver of Endless Arrows (900gp, 3lb)

http://www.andycollins.net/Features/stuff_that_holds_stuff.htm said:
Quiver of Endless Arrows: This quiver is a boon to the expert archer, for it magically creates an endless supply of masterwork arrows (of an appropriate size for the wearer). Each arrow exists for only a single round after it is drawn. The arrows don't exist until they are drawn, so they can't receive magical enhancements while still "in the quiver," even by such means as greater magic weapon (though such effects can be added after the arrow is drawn).
Caster Level: 7th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, minor creation; Market Price: 900 gp; Weight: 3 lb.

ghostcat

First Post
Second draft. 10k Magic Items added.

[sblock="Catylina"]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Human
Class: Fighter(5)
Level: 5
Experience: 15000
Hero Points:
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Languages: Common
Deity: [/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]
STR 14 (+2) [base 14] {05 pts}
DEX 20 (+5) [base 18] {13 pts +level 4 bonus}
CON 14 (+2) [base 14] {05 pts}
INT 08 (-1) [base 08] {-2 pts}
WIS 10 (+0) [base 10] {00 pts}
CHA 13 (+1) [base 13] {03 pts}
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
HP: 53 = [(5d10)+15]
AC: 23 = 10 + 6 [Armor] + 0 [shield] + 5 [DEX] + 1 [Natural Armor] +1 [Deflection]
Touch: 16 = 10 + 5 [DEX] + 1 [Natural Armor]
Flatfooted: 18 = 10 + 6 [Armor] + 0 [shield] + 1 [Natural Armor] +1 [Deflection]
INIT: +5 = +5 [DEX]
BAB: +5 = +5 [Fighter]
CMB: +7 = +2 (STR) +5 (BAB)
CMD: 23 = 10 +2 (STR) +5 (DEX) +5 (BAB) +1 (Ring:Deflection)
Fort: +6 = +4 [base] + 2 [CON]
Reflex: +6 = +1 [base] + 5 [DEX]
Will: +1 = +1 [base] + 0 [WIS]
Speed: 30 ft.
Damage Reduction:
Spell Resistance: 0[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]
Brass Knuckles +10 = +5 [BAB] +2 [STR] +3 [Feat:Weapon Finesse (DEX-STR)] +0 [misc] / DMG = 1d3+2, 20x2
Dagger +10 = +5 [BAB] +2 [STR] +3 [Feat:Weapon Finesse (DEX-STR)] +0 [misc] / DMG = 1d4+2, 19-20x2
Dagger (Thrown) +10 = +5 [BAB] +5 [DEX] +0 [feat] / DMG = 1d4+2, 19-20x2, 10 ft. [Range]
Scimitar+1 +13 = +5 [BAB] +5 [Feat:Dervish Dance (DEX)] +1 [Feat:Weapon Focus] +1 [Weapon Training] +1 [Magic Weapon] / DMG = 1d6+9 (+5 [Feat:Dervish Dance (DEX)] +2 [Feat:Weapon Specialisation] +1 [Weapon Training] +1 [Magic Weapon]), 18-20x2
Shortspear +7 = +5 [BAB] +2 [STR] +0 [feat] +0 [misc] / DMG = 1d6+2, 20x2
Shortspear (Thrown) +10 = +5 [BAB] +5 [DEX] +0 [feat] / DMG = 1d6+2, 20x2, 20 ft. [Range]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]
Bonus Feat (Bonus HPx5)
Skilled[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
Bravery
Armor Training
Weapon Training
[/sblock]
[sblock=Traits]
Courageous
Calistrian Prostitute (Diplomacy) [see note 1]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats]
Class Feats:
Armor Proficiency, Heavy
Armor Proficiency, Light
Armor Proficiency, Medium
Martial Weapon Proficiency
Shield Proficiency
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Tower Shield Proficiency

Feats:
1st Level: Weapon Finesse
Human Bonus: Weapon Focus (Scimitar)
1st lvl Fighter Bonus: Dazzling Display
2nd Lvl Fighter Bonus: Dervish Dance
3rd Level: Combat Reflexes
4th Lvl Fighter Bonus: Power Attack
5th Level: Weapon Specialization (Scimitar)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 10 = [2 (class) + -1 (INT) +1 (Human)] x 5 (LvL) + 00 (misc) + 00 (Favored Class)
Max Ranks: 5
ACP: -0
Skills:
^ = trained only
Code:
Total                         Stat   Rank  CS  Misc  ACP
+04 =  Acrobatics             +05    +00   +?  -01   -*  DEX
-01 =  Appraise               -01    +00   +?  +00       INT
+01 =  Bluff                  +01    +00   +?  +00       CHA
+01 =  Climb                  +02    +00   +?  -01   -*  STR
-01 =  Craft (Untrained)      -01    +00   +?  +00       INT
+08 =  Diplomacy              +01    +03   +?  +04       CHA
+01 =  Disguise               +01    +00   +?  +00       CHA
+04 =  Escape Artist          +05    +00   +?  -01   -*  DEX
+04 =  Fly                    +05    +00   +?  -01   -*  DEX
+00 =  Heal                   +00    +00   +?  +00       WIS
+09 =  Intimidate             +01    +05   +?  +03       CHA
+00 =  Perception             +00    +00   +?  +00       WIS
+03 =  Perform (Dance)^       +01    +02   +?  +00       CHA
+01 =  Perform (Untrained)    +01    +00   +?  +00       CHA
+04 =  Ride                   +05    +00   +?  -01   -*  DEX
+01 =  Sense Motive           +00    +00   +?  +01       WIS
+04 =  Stealth                +05    +00   +?  -01   -*  DEX
+00 =  Survival               +00    +00   +?  +00       WIS
+01 =  Swim                   +02    +00   +?  -01   -*  STR
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment                                Cost   Weight
Amulet of Natural Armor +1               2000gp 0.02lbs
Brass Knuckles                           1gp    1lbs
Dagger                                   2gp    1lbs
Handy Haversack                          2000gp 5lbs
- Everburning Torch                      110gp  1lbs
- Oil (1 Pint Flask)                     1sp    1lbs
- Oil (1 Pint Flask)                     1sp    1lbs
- Rope (Silk/50 ft.)                     10gp   5lbs
- Waterskin with Water                   1gp    4lbs
- Waterskin with Water                   1gp    4lbs
- Best Frock                             30gp   6lbs
- Rations (Trail/Per Week)               3.5gp  7lbs
Hide +2                                  4165gp 25lbs
Horse (Light)                            75gp   0lbs
- Saddle (Riding)                        10gp   25lbs
- Saddlebags                             4gp    8lbs
- Bedroll                                1sp    5lbs
- Blanket (Winter)                       5sp    3lbs
- Pot (Iron)                             8sp    10lbs
Traveler's Outfit                        0cp    5lbs
Pouch (Belt)                             1gp    0.5lbs
- Chalk (1 Piece)                        1cp    0lbs
- Chalk (1 Piece)                        1cp    0lbs
- Fishhook                               1sp    0lbs
- Flint and Steel                        1gp    0lbs
- Soap (per lb.)                         5sp    1lbs
- Potion of Cure Light Wounds            50gp   0lbs
- Potion of Cure Light Wounds            50gp   0lbs
Ring of Protection +1                    2000gp 0lbs
Scimitar +1                              2315gp 4lbs
Shortspear                               1gp    3lbs
Total weight carried: 41.52 lbs.
Treasure: 57gp, 7sp, 7cp Gems:

Carrying Capacity
Light: 0 to 58lbs
Medium: 59 to 116lbs
Heavy: 117 to 175lbs
Maximum weight possible: 175 [/sblock]
[sblock=Details]
Size: M
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Skin Color: Tanned[/sblock]
[sblock=Apperance]Catylina has wavy, long, jet black hair, which reaches down to the middle of her back. Piercing green eyes and a round pretty face. When she is not wearing her armour it can be seen that she is has a nice figure, although her arms and legs are well muscled.

Catyline normally wears a brown hide breast plate, a hide skirt that reaches to mid thigh and flat-heeled hide boots. She carries a spear in her right hand and a scimitar on her left hip.[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]Catylina was born in the slave pens of <*1*>. She never knew her father and barely knew her mother. As she was separated when she was four to start her training. Of course, Catylina early training was more fetching, carrying and other menial tasks suitable to an infant. Eventually her proper training started in earnest and soon enough she was trained ready to start her job as a courtesan.

However, Catylina was not prepared to sell her body cheaply. Using the spoon that she had been sharping since she was eight, she stabled the "lucky" winner of the auction for her virginity through the eye. Of course it helped that he was an seventy year old merchant. Still the penalty for her transgression was death but rather than loose all his investment, the brothel owner sold Catylina to the arena.

Catylina's new owner saw some potential and profit in his new slave, so rather than throw her to the lions or other exotic beasts, he had her trained as a gladiator. Catylina actually took to her new role and actually won her first two fights, which were only to first blood. After that her fights were to the death and were a lot tougher but she eventually managed to win them; although not without gathering a few scars.

Realising that she would eventually die in the arena, Catylina joined a rather risky escape plan, which succeeded against all odds. Once clear of <*1*>, she quickly travelled to <*2*>. Since then she has made a living as an independent mercenary.[/sblock]
[sblock=NOTES]
1. Strictly speaking this is a Calistria Religious Trait. However, it fits the background so I would like to take it without the religious overtones.

2. Catylina's "Best Frock" is a set of fashionable street clothes, suitable for day or, informal, evening wear. I based the price and weight on "Outfit (Courtier)"[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads