• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JA's upcoming game - The Borderland Keep

J. Alexander

First Post
Rhun

In answer to your question,, i am deferring to the player...if anyone wants to go indepth that is fine..if someone just wants to sell it all and keep the cash that is fine as well....play it as you see your character developing

kinem

Adventurer
JA, in that case, can we assume that we've bought "appropriate supplies" with the 2000 gp, and leave it at that?

My PC Heinz certainly wouldn't embezzle the cash, but he might draw on that fund to better equip his squad, if it seems necessary. Will we have met the squad by the start of play? If so, how are they equipped?

Heinz intends to equip all of his men with signal whistles, if they don't have them already. He would have mentioned this to the other wardens, if they have already met.

As such he's bought 10 whistles, as shown on his sheet. (A few extra for loaning to other people if needed.) If appropriate, he might reimburse himself the 8 gp from the supply cash.

BTW, will we play out the journey, or start there?

J. Alexander

First Post
The meeting will start at the first meeting of the wardens council..if you want to do a bit of solo here regarding your travel adventure there i am fine with it....

Your squad can either be recruited by you in advance or once you get there...leaving it up to the players to build it around their chracters persona

The base equipment of the squad depends on what you wish to recruit :)

Rhun

First Post
If we can choose what classes to recruit, I'll recruit an all-magus squad.

I guess this needs some clarification. What level are the men of our squad? 1st with a 2nd level seargent? Can they be any class? Can we recruit wizards, or are these fighting men? Or are we talking commoners with pitchforks? :)

Wait... So each character gets their own squad and land grant?

Correct. 6 men and 500 acres of land. I assume at some point there will be a map of Rosedawn, and we'll be able to pick an area of land that best suits of PC's purposes.

Kaodi

Hero
For my part I would probably choose a cavalier for my seargent, and a cleric, ranger, and three fighters for my squad...

ghostcat

First Post
I am assuming that the squad is restricted to men-at-arms, if we are allowed classed retainers all bets are off. By preference Catylina would prefer a all female squad. As Catylina is a close in fighter, her squad will be a mixture of light cavalry and crossbow woman (or men).

Rhun

First Post
I am assuming that the squad is restricted to men-at-arms, if we are allowed classed retainers all bets are off. By preference Catylina would prefer a all female squad.

Kind of thoughts as well.

Assuming men-at-arms, Edoryan's squad would consist of a mix of true men-at-arms (i.e. heavy armor types) and skirmishers (bowmen/light infantry).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads