JA's Upcoming - The Princes Own

Axel

First Post
This may sound like special pleading and begging, but here goes...

Now that I've got the "feel" of my character better (sounds slightly creepy, I know) I'd like to shift one of Declan's feats and a few skill points around. I think he should know stuff he doesn't, basically. I'll come back with a list (probably on the weekend) if y'all don't mind. Call me an old grognard if you like, but I don't think a player really "gets" a character until they've played them through a few sessions.

Rhun

First Post
While I am all for moving things around so that your player best fits how you want them to be, I kind of disagree on the reasoning. At least, when I build a character, even at higher level, I have a firm idea of precisely how that character is going to be, their abilities, and what they know. :D

Axel

First Post
Well, fair enough Rhun. :) My PC crunch-fu is pretty weak though. I spend far more time dreaming up backgrounds, personalities and such than I do crunching through skill points and feat combos. Sadly, as a result, my characters only occasionally do what I want them to do. :(

Proposed changes:
5th level feat. Toppling spell (pointless for Clerics...) changed to Silent spell

Take 2 ranks from Knowledge (Arcana). Put 1 rank into Swin and 1 rank into Appraise

ghostcat

First Post
[MENTION=28453]J. Alexander[/MENTION]. Now that we have been playing a bit, I have been thinking where Yevas' family fits into the scheme of things. So I have written a supplemental to his background. Can you have a look over it and tell me if it fits into the setting.

[sblock=Background Supplemental]Although Nials Rees always refers to his job as the "King's Spy Master". He is, like his ancestors, actually head of the Car-Ni-Micar Secret Service. This is a Civil Service position, with the head reporting to the Royal Master of Arms, rather than a being an household position. Nials has always felt that his family has given its all to the kingdom and feels that they should be rewarded by his position being made the actual King's spy master. He lobbied fiercely during the recruitment 10 years ago but was unsuccessful. This time he was lobbying again, only not for himself, as he is now too old, but for one of his two eldest sons. Both of whom are able administrators and either one is more than skilled enough to take over the family business. Thus Nials was devastated when his offensive was rejected. To add insult to injury his youngest son was selected. Nials considers Yevas frivolous. Although he is an able field agent, he has zero aptitude as an administrator and is incapable of taking over the family business. Yevas of course has no interest in so doing.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
The king didn't answer the questions asked upon his request, BTW. :)

- were there dead people in the pavillons?
- was everyone who was on the stage toasting still alive?
- what exactly is our position in the household now?

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads