• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemal's Anniversary Special IC

Jemal

Adventurer
<Raven's Loft>
Jim shakes his head after Juan speaks "Actually, I think he already did.. you remember that huge wave he sent at us when the Green stuff was about to hit? I think that was him pumping up the juice for us in particular. Between that and his wounds, I'm not sure if he COULD juice us up anymore, but I've got a feeling you guys're just starting to grow into your powers.. For now though I think there's a more immediate concern - All the lovely new monsters and super villains out there."

D'Raven

First Post
"There was no question about dealing with them." David is lounging across the back of a couch. "I believe that was shown when we went forward toward combat rather then away. What the question is, how are we going to go about it? Secret vigilantes? Open targets? Government agents? Privately funded? Good mercs? Security agency? Rent-a-heros? There are lots of options we can use. It's all about how much in the public face we want to be and what level of government we want to work at."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Raivon

First Post
"I like the sound of being a merc!" Raivon stated, "But whatever works for everyone. Just remember, working for the government doesn't always play out well. Those buggers would probably abuse these powers of ours for their own gain."
Looking over at Alzoll and smiling, "Also I don't want our new big friend turning into a dissection project for anyone, I rather like him." She adds.
"So when do we get to hunt some monsters?" Alzoll asks, looking a little bored and ready.
"Yeah when are we heading back to join up with the other two?" Raiven agrees. "I wouldn't mind getting a little more practice with this whip", she adds with a suggestive smile towards Jim.

OOC: Sorry I kept thinking I had already posted until it was too late at night.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jim raises his eyebrow at her suggestion, clearing his throat with a mildly embarrassed look, but he does smile back and throws her a wink.

"I think the best plan for now would be for us to work together. As a team you guys're probably capable of taking out any of those villains, even if some of them start working together. Try to tip the balance, maybe get in contact with the Guardians that're still on Earth, maybe they can help the one we've got."
As he's speaking, David's Cell phone buzzes with a text message from Rob saying 'Call'. Looks like he didn't get into too much trouble..

D'Raven

First Post
When he gets the message David starts taping the iPad's screen, after a moment he places it face up on the table and taps once more. It starts ringing, when it gets answered. "hey we're all here and you are on speaker. What's it like? You locked up in a lab yet?"

[sblock=OoC] I just realized a better reason I can text and call from my iPod. The reason I took a super computer for my base and communications ...relay?, is so I can access stuff from my iPad, just forgot that. Also in a pocket dimension so a cell wouldn't normally work.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"So, are we then taking the fight to the monsters or not?" Juan asks. "Not that I don't appreciate the fact of not being torn apart by demons from other planes, but if we must do something, then we better make it quick."

Wrahn

First Post
Rob answers the phone, "Hey, you guys all alright? No, I don't think anyone here has any idea what to make of this. Things won't get "interesting" until someone ruthless in the government decides we could be a threat and then we will see what they do. The fire eyed guy woke up and Scott knockd him back out, suitably impressing people, just like Jemal said We are currently helping putting out the fire, but I think this is a lost cause."
"How is the Guardian? Has he explained what the hell is going on?"

Jemal

Adventurer
"He's pretty out of it. I think he'll make it, but it's a bad idea to take him to a hospital - he's a huge target, so here's probably the safest place for him until he's better or we get someone who can help him. I'll stay and keep an eye on him till then..."

Jim taps at something on the table while he's talking, and a keyboard appears, with a holographic display. He types in something and a tune starts playing in Scott's helmet, and after a few seconds he realizes how to answer it.
"Hey Scott, welcome to the conference call. Anyways, we were discussing what to do next. I won't be much use to you guys out there without any combat powers, so I guess I'm Mission Control..."
Jim types for another moment, then looks concerned. "UUmm... Speaking of.. if you guys are interested in making a heroic appearance, I think I have something for you..."

On the other end of the phone, Rob overhears the police captain on his radio "There's a WHAT downtown? Well get everybody inside, damnit!" He looks up and jogs over to Rob. "Hey, uh.. what the hell do I call you anyways? I think we're gonna need you and your metal buddy for more than fire supression. Don't suppose you two guys could handle a.. uh.. Hey Bobbie, Repeat that?" he shouts the last into his radio.
"A Giant #&%^ing Tentacle Monster, Chief! It's a dozen feet tall and GROWING, and *KABOOOOM* HOLY crap it just threw a car at us"
A second later, they hear the faint echo of the explosion from many blocks away.
The chief looks at Rob and Scott. "Look, even if I can get the army here, its gonna be a while..."

Back inside the portal, Jim looks up at everybody "Well you guys heard the chief.. Ready to be super heroes?"

OOC:
If anybody's worried about costume/identity concealment, Rob & Juan's Create effects can substitute for real costumes for now, or you can have something from David's 'alternative wardrobe'.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Lets get to it, the sooner we go, the sooner I can return to doing nothing." Juan states, his shiny blue armor appearing out of thin air, this time more greek-like. "We need names, I mean, alternate identities. I was thinking on Blue Hoplite. Although it quite warrior themed, and I'm not like a warrior, I just pop things out of the blue."

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
With a snap of his fingers David summons some helpers. "Masks please." A collection of various 'face' ornaments are carried in. From bandanas made out straps or metal covered cloth, masquerade masks of various levels of complexity to gas masks ranging from costume to functional. "I think this one goes with my current outfit." He selects a blue partial gas mask and slides it on. "D'Raven works for me, no need to get confusing."

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1368204807.071298.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1368204807.071298.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 99

Remove ads