• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemal's Anniversary Special IC

Raivon

First Post
"All right... That thing is huge.. Alzoll, you okay?" Raivon tries to make sure he is alright.
Alzoll attempts to telleport out of the grapple, to C. Jr.'s side and attack him from there.
"I am fine miss, don't worry." Alzoll assured Raivon.
Raivon pulls out her whip, "Well then lets have some fun." She says with a smile.

OOC:
Raivon - Whip: +6, Toughness DC 19
Alzoll - Teleport 2, Melee: +4 atk, DC 21 Toughness

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Rob stands gawking at the behemoth in front of them, unable to move as the sanity-draining scream drops him to his knees.

David stumbles, whipping his chains about frantically to fight off the hoard of tentacles attacking his friends.

Juan appears to be on a roll, as his second swarm of knives dives in, several sinking deep into the beasts flesh, tearing gashes from which begins to pour a black ichor. Fortunately for him, as the great behemoth screams again, it can't seem to find the source of the assault.

Circling the beasts head, Scott and Raivon assault it, Scott blasting at the beast, his blast flying wide as Raivon closes in to lash at it with her whip, though it seems unphased. During the distraction, Alzoll disappears from it's grasp and reappears on the other side, claws tearing at its hide, but failing to penetrate.

Lashing out once more, the small Cthulhu's tentacles strike again at Scott, Alzoll, and Raivon, but David's flailing chains intercept each one, knocking the tentacles aside. The beast roars in anger, looking down at him angrily as it continues to loom ever higher. He could almost swear he heard a hissing voice saying "Mine are bigger".

OOC:
Wrahn doesn't seem to have been online for almost 2 weeks now, but he's stunned anyways, so I'll just leave him as such till his return.
BBs - OK, you get to keep your HP and use the last Luck instead.
NOTE: Not sure what you mean by moving between the group and Cthulhu: Raivon and Alzoll are in melee, the others are on the other end of the block. Also, if you were putting yourself in its path to keep them safe, you wouldn't be out of its range.
Finally, as I pointed out in my last post, you are Dazed, and can only take a single action, no move and attack, so you only get to attack.

Everybody - Please include Numbers for your characters so I don't have to keep looking them up. Specifically, Attack/damage/etc for whatever effect you're using, and your dodge/parry/toughness. If you don't point out a special effect of some attack, I'll likely miss it (Imp crit, imp grab, etc, etc)

Alzoll and David both fail to recover from their Dazed conditions. Scott misses attack, Raivon and Alzoll both hit but C.Jr makes the saves.
Juan gets lucky again, it fails the reflex, AND fails the Toughness by two degrees this time (Rather impressive considering DC 19 vs toughness 10!). As a result, it is dazed and can only use the tentacle attack this turn.
D'raven - I rolled a nat 20 for your deflect, you lucky bastard, so you easily parry all of its attacks this turn.. Or that might be unlucky, considering you're now C.Jr's new target, as it can't find whatever's hurting it.

Alzoll = Dazed, Bruised.
David = Dazed
Rob = Stunned
C.Jr = Bruised 2, Dazed (Way to go Juan!)

After its turn, C.Jr grows to 21 feet.
Everybody may now act.

For the Record, C.Jr is currently PL 8; Dodge/parry 16; Toughness 10.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Juan shrugs. "Hah! Never thoguht this would be so efective." he said, and as as he did, another cloud of daggers flicker to existence around the creature, and danced around it, slicing at the tentacles.

Sword swarm: Damage 4, Burst area centered on Cthulhu.Dodge: 4 Parry: : 4 Toughness: 6 Fortitude: 5 Will: 5

D'Raven

First Post
David shakes his head and seems unable to clear it. With a shrug he flips off the creature. "Never had use for sanity any way and while yours are bigger it seems I'm better."

[sblock=OoC] keep my chains dancing.

Dodge 5 toughness 4 and deflect +6[/sblock]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: THIS dazed is from the mental affliction, not damage. I don't believe Regen fixes afflictions.
You can roll your own save on InvisibleCastle if you wish for following turns. It happens at the end of your action.

Wrahn

First Post
The only coherent thought that make it through Robs head is "So much for no sanity warping effects" and he tries and fails to regain his feet

OOC: Sorry, I was not getting notifications that this was updated, got the notification on the OOC thread. I will keep better track. Feel free to roll for me Jemal.

BBs

First Post
"Uhhh, so is it normal for Cthulhu to grow? ... KEEP FIRING MEN!" Scott continues his laser barrage.
OOC: Ah sorry for mistakes and confusion, I'll just blast him with lasers whenever I can and let Alzoll and Raivon beat it down, including right now! PEW PEW! :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Again the swords and daggers appear in a cloud above the massive abomination, but it seems he's read for them this time, as a single tentacle swipes them all from the sky and the beast roars in triumph!

The roar shakes Scott so much that his lasers fly wide, carving a hole in the side of a nearby building, but David's chains deflect the rocks so they don't fall on anybody.

OOC: Just waiting on Raivon to finish the round
C.Jr finally makes a save vs Juan. Ah well the streak had to end eventually.
Scott's lay-zurs miss.
Rob fails to recover.
Dave continues flailing. :p

Alzoll = Dazed, Bruised.
David = Dazed
Rob = Stunned
C.Jr = Bruised 2, Dazed

Raivon

First Post
"Scott, I am not a man!!" Raivon shouts back. "Then again I am not really shooting. Hmm" She continues.
Raivon and Alzoll continue to attack the beast.

OOC: Raivon - Whip: +6, Toughness DC 19
Alzoll - Teleport 2, Melee: +4 atk, DC 21 Toughness

Remove ads