• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

gfunk said:
Monday Afternoon Update

3. After our victory we enjoy the spoils when we are rudely interrupted by a Gargantuan Fang Dragon (a crappy development, let me tell you, when you only have 22 Power Points left).
Nice solution to that ending - very efficient. The thing might come back, though... :]

gfunk

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Nice solution to that ending - very efficient. The thing might come back, though... :]

And so he did . . . :( [with buddies]

The Good: We finished KotR tonight
The Bad: No Fusion for anybody b/c JD rightly pointed out that both recpients must be of the same type (well, I can always try for a Mind Flayer I guess)
The Ugly: The last encounter in the module . . . (see below)

Late Night Preview

1. After a brief reprieve in Waterdeep, we employ powerful, high-level divination magic to learn the whereabouts of the final key.

2. After a brutal conversation with Charlgar, we learn that the key is actually inside the mother of all Carrion Crawlers. Quick, direct all your firepower towards that Super Star Destroyer . . . :)

3. We open the Vault, see the Phylactery as well as our good friends Xyzanth and the Ominous Fabler. If that weren't enough, their boss Brazzemal also chips in this time. We wage the mother of all Dragon battles with PC death (I promise!) involved.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Fang wyrm, red ancient and the Ominous Fabler all in one shot? You guys are continually pushing the limits of hardcore. If there wasn't a PC death, I'm not sure if I'd be more amazed or horrified.

Demiurge out.

war wizard

First Post
Good'un doc

Excellent post JD, but then the whole story line has been well up to the standards the reading audience have grown accustom to. :cool:

I just wanted to stand and applaud you stepping on the abomination that would have resulted from the Faust/Hawk fusion...the spirits of Paladins long past may rest easier now.
;)

ltclnlbrain

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Fang wyrm, red ancient and the Ominous Fabler all in one shot? You guys are continually pushing the limits of hardcore. If there wasn't a PC death, I'm not sure if I'd be more amazed or horrified.

Demiurge out.

Heh, that ain't nothing. My group faced the fang wyrm, red ancient, Ominous Fabler, AND very old blue (Vermirox) all at the same time...and they all lived. If that ain't powergaming, I don't know what is. ;)

JollyDoc

Explorer
gfunk said:
I will also add that in that last battle Time Stop was used a total of five times by three different characters.

Not to mention Shapechange, which Havok was forced to bust out near the end of the battle.

JollyDoc

Explorer
war wizard said:
Excellent post JD, but then the whole story line has been well up to the standards the reading audience have grown accustom to. :cool:

I just wanted to stand and applaud you stepping on the abomination that would have resulted from the Faust/Hawk fusion...the spirits of Paladins long past may rest easier now.
;)

Thank you. I couldn't have lived with myself is such a monstrosity were allowed to draw breath.

R-Hero

Explorer
JollyDoc said:
Thank you. I couldn't have lived with myself is such a monstrosity were allowed to draw breath.

Of course, Hawk has always felt like an Abberation inside an Outsiders body.
Players Handbook II does have a section on changing ones race...

After a gruling affair, the first Beholder/Paladin of Helm comes into being...

Hawk "I feel so strange but I can see everything!!"

Faust "Good, pick up Quaero and lets go."

Hawk "Uh-oh!" Hawk suddenly thinks he should have became an athatch...

Last edited:

Remove ads