• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

gfunk

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
I'm curious, how do you make good use out of the Timeless Body power without extend power or similar? With so many other people in the party, wouldn't it be hard to gather all your opponents' attention?

You know, this is really an excellent suggestion and why I like to post my builds in public. I haven't yet tried Timeless Body having just levelled @ the end of our last session. However, your suggestion intrigues me.

We set some ground rule for the power, which is not the easiest to interpret. I think we agree that Timeless Body makes you invulnerable to effects in the same way people are invulnerable to the powers of someone in the midst of a Temporal Acceleration. However, I don't think you could Overchannel (couldn't take damage to pay the cost) and you probably couldn't use any powers on yourself. I'll have to think about this more, Sollir Furryfoot, and run the numbers. But I'm seriously considering it now.

Once you may have been the student, but now YOU have become the master. :)

JollyDoc

Explorer
Sigh....once again, you people see what I have to live with...+23 initiatives, never surpised, see invisible everything, Evard's at will, walls of fire at will, paladin's with six attacks per round, clerics with every buff spell known to man (or goliath)...what's a DM to do?

Joachim

First Post
JollyDoc said:
Sigh....once again, you people see what I have to live with...+23 initiatives, never surpised, see invisible everything, Evard's at will, walls of fire at will, paladin's with six attacks per round, clerics with every buff spell known to man (or goliath)...what's a DM to do?

And he didn't even mention the psion's utterly ridiculous damage in this quote...we've got him where we want him boys!!

Seriously, this AP is built to be tough, and I am sure that we haven't seen our last defeat, or our last death...and not just with the campaign's two big-name encounters that remain (you know, the ones with the undead dragon and the man of worms). Considering the makeup of the current core group of PC's (Grubber, Hawk, Havok, Faust, and Mack), I would have to say that this is our most potent combination team-wise since the epic days of Entropy and Joachim. Lots of synergy, there.

Then again, we are dealing with the potent combination of Jollydoc's ruthlessness and James Jacobs' tendency to make up the rules as he goes along...

Last edited:

gfunk

First Post
Joachim said:
Alternatively, two very very very very very evil words that I never want to hear you say again...Mordenkainen's Disjunction.

Unless Faust has Timeless Body up, then feel free to disjunct away!

Jarrod

First Post
I'm looking forward to this. Just had our first two character deaths today... and in a side quest, no less.

Ogre mage with greataxe. 3d6 + 11 damage. Two crits... and two of the squishies had just gotten into range.

"I have 32 hit points. You're rolling 9d6 + 33. Let's see how negative we get!"

Solarious

Explorer
Joachim said:
Alternatively, two very very very very very evil words that I never want to hear you say again...Mordenkainen's Disjunction.
No spoilers or anything, but let's just say you'll be hearing more of this... Mordenkainen... in the future, shall we? :]

:lol:

JollyDoc

Explorer
Jarrod said:
I'm looking forward to this. Just had our first two character deaths today... and in a side quest, no less.

Ogre mage with greataxe. 3d6 + 11 damage. Two crits... and two of the squishies had just gotten into range.

"I have 32 hit points. You're rolling 9d6 + 33. Let's see how negative we get!"

Prepare you players for much, much more pain to come.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Solarious said:
No spoilers or anything, but let's just say you'll be hearing more of this... Mordenkainen... in the future, shall we? :]

:lol:
For which I blame Elminster. If not for his little cross-planar tea parties at some Canadian's house, players in FR wouldn't have to worry about disjunctions!

Demiurge out.

R-Hero

Explorer
Some changes are waiting final approval from Faust. If he's feeling benevolent enough to help Hawk with "re-training", that is.

Note from Daggarford
Senior Civilar Hawkins Veritas, You have been officially been charged with the instruction of drill and manuvers to the newest recruits into the Daggarford City Guard upon your completion of your current assignment.

Congradulations on your promotion to Marshal and Helm's Speed to your quick return.

Senior Civilar/Marshal Hawkins Veritas
A.K.A Captain Hawk (PalCW 6/Annointed Knight 10/Fighter 1/Marshal 1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Medium Aasimar (Outsider)
Hit Dice: 17d10+68/1d8+4 (190 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: Move 20ft (W/Divine Vigor) 30ft
Armor Class: 35 (Base 10+0 Dex, +17 Armor/Shield: Nat +3: Def +2, Ring +3),
19 touch, 30 flat-footed [Divine Shield = AC 45, Touch 22/32]
Base Attack/Grapple: +22/17/12/7
Full Attack: +25/20/15/10/25/(+25)
+3 Intelligent Bastard Sword of Speed, Holy, Stun and Lightning Burst
Space/Reach: 5 feet/5 feet
Special Attacks: Daylight
Special Qualities: Outsider Traits
Cold, Electricity and Acid Resistance 5
Darkvision 60ft, Damage Reduction 3/-, No Dual Nature, Subtype: Native

Paladin Smite Evil, Remove Disease, Special Mount, Turn Undead 17x a day
Lay on Hands (60hps), Aura of Courage, Aura of Good,
Blessed Weapon, Detect Evil, Divine Grace, Divine Health.

Annointed Knight
Unbroken Flesh (DR 3/-),
Inspired Strike, Free Action Extra Attack at Highest Attack bonus 3x a day
Deep Strike, Free Action 2d6 Extra Damage 3x a day
Divine Clarity: Charisma +1

Marshal
Skill Focus, Diplomacy (Free Feat)
Minor Aura. Motivate Dexterity. Add Cha bonus to all allies on dexterity checks and initive
(Yes, I can add +10, by yelling, to Move silenly and Hide checks :p )

Saves: Fort +32, Ref +18, Will +25

Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 30

Skills: New Skills are hinged on Faust aggreeing to help Hawk.
Concentration +20, Diplomacy +33,

Feats: Innatentive (Flaw), Armor and Shield Proficiency,
Blind Fight, Cleave, Power Attack, Improved Shield Bash,
Ancestrial Relic, Exotic Weapon Proficiency; Bastard Sword, Flay Foe,
Skill Focus, Diplomacy
Shield Specialization, (+1 to any Shield)
Shield Ward (Add Shield Bonus to Touch AC, Grapple, Bullrush, Disarm Checks =+7/17)
Ranged Precision (Team Feat)
Divine Feats Divine Might, Vigor and Shield 21x a day
Environment: Anywhere I Please (as long as Helm O.K.s it.)
Organization: Company C.O. (WaterDeep) or Special Forces (The League)
Alignment: Lawful Good

COMBAT
Quaero:
+3 Intelligent Bastard Sword of Speed, Holy, Stun and Lightning Burst
+25/20/15/10/25/(+25 w/ Inspired Strike 3x a day)
Damage 1d10+8. Divine Might +10 per hit, Flay Foe +1d6 for each hit after first
Quickened Holy or Lightning Damage 2d6, Deep Strike 2d6 Free action 3x a day

+3 Bashing Spiked Shield +25/20/15/10/(+25 Inspired Strike)
Damage 2d6+8. Divine Might +10 per hit, Deep Strike 2d6 Free action 3x a day

EQUIPMENT ,
+6 Headband of Charisma, Dusty Rose Ioun Stone
+4 Belt of Strength (Copy of Champions Game Belt)
+3 Amulet Natural armor
+3 Vest of Resistance
+2 Soul Fire Full Plate Armor
+4 Bracers of Health
+5 Bashing Spiked Shield,
+3 Intelligent Bastard Sword of Speed and Burst x3
Golembane Gloves, Glove of Storing,
Rings, Freedom of Movement & Protection +3
Cape of the Mountebank
Winged Boots
Rivivify Diamond
Nightstick x2