• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

Solarious

Explorer
Bwahahaha. I see Jolly took a good number of suggestions to heart. :]

I contributed. Feel free to hate me. ;)

Can't wait to see what goes down... write faster, darnit! :p *cracks the Jolly whip*

netiquettenazi.jpg

gfunk said:
1. Kyuss is already out of the spire with all his buddies surrounding him. The first thing we notice is that there are many familiar faces among Kyuss' minions.
Many does not sound good. Guys, what did you do to annoy your DM so? :uhoh:

gfunk said:
4. We witness the death of a couple of artifacts, like a certain sphere being . . . well . . . annihilated, not to mention a certain staff being broken in half.
As long as you accomplished your purposes beforehand, it's just stuff! OK, it's really, really cool stuff...

gfunk said:
5. Kyuss takes well > 1000 hp of dmg but, I assure you, he is still very much alive.
That would be too easy a victory, considering you can dish that out in 1/2 round. Did JollyDoc tell you, what kind of deity you are up against?

gfunk said:
6. Towards the end of the night, things were swinging in the League's favor but then things started going fubar. Without being excessively specific let me just say that things went downhill rapidly following an extended time stop, a gate, and a new Spawn of Kyuss being formed (guess who won the bet?).
I'm guessing it's Faust again. Fellow tends to draw attention (and aggression) towards him.

gfunk said:
7. Finally, no epic level encounter would be complete w/o a mordenkainen's disjunction (or three).
Turning you into worm-lovers is one thing, but destroying your precious items is just, well, mean. Bad Kyuss, bad Kyuss. NO (WORM)SOUP FOR YOU!!!

Schmoe

Adventurer
gfunk said:
Sunday Afternoon Update

THE BIG FIGHT
1. Kyuss is already out of the spire with all his buddies surrounding him. The first thing we notice is that there are many familiar faces among Kyuss' minions.
2. This battle heralds the introduction of several new magic items (skin of the celestial, boots of temporal acceleration) and the first-time use of new spells/powers (rain of embers, reality revision).
3. Everyone (well except Mak :) ) enters a time stop including Hawk!! (oh, and Kyuss too . . . several times :( )

Sweet! I've been waiting for this moment (and this moment, and this moment, and this...)

4. We witness the death of a couple of artifacts, like a certain sphere being . . . well . . . annihilated, not to mention a certain staff being broken in half.

Yikes. Well, any DM worth his salt knows that artifacts are meant to be destroyed/imprisoned/stolen/etc.

5. Kyuss takes well > 1000 hp of dmg but, I assure you, he is still very much alive.

He is a DEITY, after all. For those who remember Ren & Stimpy and the "Log" song:

"Kyuss,
Kyuss,
He's big, he's wormy and green.

Kyuss,
Kyuss,
He's better than you, he's mean."

I can't wait for the update :)

Last edited:

OK, a quick poll. Who do you think is joining Kyuss in his last stand?

- Entropy
- Prenderghast Brokengulf
- Darl Quethos

Anyone got anyone/thing else?

Last edited:

Solarious

Explorer
Actually, I think by familiar faces, gfunk refers to the fact that many Kyuss Knights in the endgame are supposed to be people who have been encountered before by the League. They're supposed to be there in the module.

I also find it amusing they haven't bothered to find and loot Lashonna's horde.

Friendly *BUMP* to start ringing in a certain Age.

BTW, this battle ended somewhat similar to the vision-battle at the end of the Trials of Tilagos module: Havok last man standing, Hawk alive but out of the fight & rest of party dead.
JollyDoc, if this constallation arises in the final fight, will you offer the son of Kyuss the option of upsurping his forefather's power? :]

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Friendly *BUMP* to start ringing in a certain Age.

BTW, this battle ended somewhat similar to the vision-battle at the end of the Trials of Tilagos module: Havok last man standing, Hawk alive but out of the fight & rest of party dead.
JollyDoc, if this constallation arises in the final fight, will you offer the son of Kyuss the option of upsurping his forefather's power? :]

Funny you should mention that... :]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads