• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day: EVIL (Good stay out)

Wrahn

First Post
/ooc you remember I was invisible didn't you? (meaning they would have no where to target the disjunction as I was beyond their ability to detect) also Mindrape would have no effect on Harkuf, it is mind effecting and as an undead he is immune. Second question here, Mordenkainen's Disjunction has a close range to reach me at 140 feet the caster level would need to be 30th and that is assuming maximum range and barely catching him in the AE

I am not sure I am jumping the gun here, but items have to make a save or be disjoined as well, since they are in my possession, they get my will save, I took the liberty of rolling (but all the dice places I know of are inaccessable that records a log :( )
Agruel: 11 + 55 = 66
Charm of Enhanced Flows: 7 + 55 =62
Amulet of Retribution and Wisdom 2 + 55 = 57
Belt of Natural Armor 2 + 55 = 57
Nyrr’s Impervious Vestment/Black Robe of the Archmagi 12 + 55 = 67
Gloves of Dexterity 15 + 55 = 70
Cloak of Epic Charisma/Resistance/Turn Resistance 14 + 55 = 69
Ring of Protection/Universal Greater Elemental Resistance/Arcane Might 18 + 55 = 73
Ring of Wizardry IX/Freedom of Movement and Evasion 17 + 55 = 72
Animated, Ghost Touch Dark Wood Heavy Shield 14 + 55 = 69
Vestment of Epic Spell Resistance (as Mantle of Epic Spell Resistance) 5 + 55 = 60

Permanent spells are gone as well.

IC:

These people are expecting immediate trouble? Wonder what they know I do not. They may be warded strong enough to be warded against the spell, but they aren't Mind Blanked, otherwise I wouldn't have seen them through the mirror

Harkuf recasts Mindrape at the same one, then quickens Greater Invisibility and moves 30ft parrallelling the tower

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Did you house-rule MDJ somewhere or did Harkuf just get pwned? :uhoh:

Edit: Looks like Wrahn beat me to it.

Wrahn, Permanent spells *can* be dispelled, but the dispeller has to have a higher caster level than that of the permanent spell. Disjoin definately does the job.

Edit2: Sheesh, you edited your post while I was replying to it. Above can now be ignored. :p

~IC~
Aethan files a little over 400 yards straight up (i.e. outside of a 20th level casters Long range spells) and begins surveying the area following the road towards Maleign.

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
OOC: Yes, I know he was invisible and I didn't stretch ANY rules on what happened. Its all legit. Why and how it happened are up to the pcs to find out. What you do know is that the caster targeted the correct space and that he had sufficient range to reach you.

As Harkuf casts his spell, the unarmed guard and the guard with the bow take their readied actions. The unarmed one casts an antimagic field, engulfing the three men. The other one fires an arrow, hitting AC 30. Now, since this is the start of a fight, your gonna have to roll initiative before taking anymore actions.

Aethan flies over the terrain, a long, barren, grassland. He occasionally flies over farms and houses, but there are oddly no signs of life. He does however see the occasional small band of soldiers.

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
Alrighty, the guards stop Alosat at the checkpoint and tell him to go back. None of these guards seem to be wearing any special looking equipment (at least by your standards anyways). When Alosat asks why, the gaurds tell him that it is dangerous beyond this point and that for the safety of the citizens and the soldiers in the area, he is not allowed to pass. They are not lying. As for the Assess Opponent, your gonna have to tell me where I can find it (page number).

Rkhet

First Post
page 102.

Alosat asks them what the danger is. He gets persuasive (Diplomacy +63) with them.

If the guards are especially receptive to this, Alosat is going to see if they can be persuaded to let him pass anyway. If not, he walks away as they direct. Once he is out of sight, he Shapechanges into a Xorn and doubles back underground, bypassing this and future checkpoints.

Albedo

First Post
The guard tells Alosat that he is afraid that he cannot tell him what he wants to know, for the information is classified. Alosat gets the feeling that the guard himself doesn't even know why.

Remove ads