• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day: EVIL (Good stay out)

Pyrex

First Post
Albedo said:
Aethan flies over the terrain, a long, barren, grassland. He occasionally flies over farms and houses, but there are oddly no signs of life. He does however see the occasional small band of soldiers.

Maintaining his high altitude, Aethan continues towards Maleign and issues a Sending to Harkuf, figuring he's the most likely to be able to magically communicate with the others; "Travel in and out of the city has completely stopped, and the surrounding area has been evacuated. What have you learned?"

Albedo

First Post
The guards were pushovers btw. Now Alosat goes until he is about 1000 feet from the mountain range when he hits a magical barrier. He is forced to surface. Clouds cover most of the surface, but he can still see in the distance specs which he assumes to be guards towers. He looks closer and realizes that he can also see a spec floating in the air. He also catch out of the corner of his eye, another far-off spec closing in on the area from the other side of him.

Wrahn

First Post
Albedo said:
OOC: Yes, I know he was invisible and I didn't stretch ANY rules on what happened. Its all legit. Why and how it happened are up to the pcs to find out. What you do know is that the caster targeted the correct space and that he had sufficient range to reach you.

OOC: Just so you understand, I am not accusing you of breaking any rules or even stretching them. Epic characters are incredibly complex and it is very difficult to keep track of everything they can do and all the rules involved, heaven know I screw up from time to time.

To Clarify a few things one of the guards cast Mordenkainens Disjunction? Did they center it on Harkuf (Requiring a caster level of 46)? Did they use a device? Were there any spells cast on the area I was at (He had permanent Arcane Sight on, he sees magic auras out to 120 feet)? Lastly, you realize Harkuf was mind blanked, remote sensing of him was impossible by anything less than a god?

Do you want me to roll initiave or do you want to handle the dice rolling?

Rkhet

First Post
/ooc: was the barrier a Force effect? Does it extend aboveground? Assuming no to the first and yes to the second...

1st round: Shapechange into a Dream Vestige (Lib Mor) and see if he can bypass this barrier using the Plane of Dreams.

2nd, 3rd round: If unsuccessful, Shapechange: Phoenix and try the astral and ethereal planes. Stay in the ethereal plane if unsucessful.

4th round: If everything fails, Shapechange back into Gloom + Adrenaline Rush form. Cast Antimagic Field (Extraordinary Spell Aim to exclude himself from the area) (full-round action, unfailable Spellcraft check). Activate Adrenaline Rush (free action) to gain an extra move action. Move maximum distance (60 feet) away from where he was. He should be Ethereal and undetectable by magic.

This is assuming that the specks are more than 24 seconds away... if they are closer, just move into the Ethereal and take round 4 actions.

If the barrier is a Force effect:

Shapechange into a Force Dragon, step through, and continue on as a Xorn, deep enough underground that whatever those specks are can't reach him.

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
Step one, the Mord's. There is no requirements for Mordenkainen's disjunction to dispel spells. It does not describe it in the book as making a dispel check, it says it seperates them into there components and end them as a dispel magic does. Doesn't decribe a check. Step two, Mind Blank doesn't change a thing. The reason he saw you doesn't have anything to do with it. As for initiative, I trust the people I game with to make their own rolls, and if it ever became a problem I can simply take that away in the future, so I'll let you do all of your initiative and ect. Now the lastly, is your AC higher than 30?

As for the barrier, it only exists underground. There is not a barrier on the surface. And it is a force effect. It is also, for some reason, not accessable by any other planes.

Albedo

First Post
OOC: Now I'm gonna tell you guys this, so that you'll get off my case over this seeing invisibilty thing. And if you medagame this I'll smite you. HE USED SEE INVISIBILITY. It's range is sight and can be made permanent.

Rkhet

First Post
Well, in that case, Alosat will use the Dream Travel option. He'll go by the surface, where there isn't a barrier up. Speed is 5 miles/minute (2640 feet per round), and he should be undetectable. Assuming no other defenses, He should be right in the middle of the city (but somewhere where he cannot be seen) in three seconds, and he will materialize, looking innoculous in his Gloom+AR form.

Or does the anti-planar-travel effect extend aboveground, even though the barrier does not? In that case Alosat casts Extended Time Stop, Shapechanges into a Force Dragon (fly speed 250 ft) and makes a break for the mountain. He double-moves, so should be there in two rounds. Then he looks for an entrance or opening of any sort (while still Timestopped). Since Shapechange lets him assume very tiny forms, as well as Incorporeal ones, he should have no problem getting in, so long as the city isn't sealed airtight. Once he is inside, he goes back to his Gloom+AR form and tries to look innoculous.

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Albedo said:
Step one, the Mord's. There is no requirements for Mordenkainen's disjunction to dispel spells. It does not describe it in the book as making a dispel check, it says it seperates them into there components and end them as a dispel magic does. Doesn't decribe a check. Step two, Mind Blank doesn't change a thing. The reason he saw you doesn't have anything to do with it. As for initiative, I trust the people I game with to make their own rolls, and if it ever became a problem I can simply take that away in the future, so I'll let you do all of your initiative and ect. Now the lastly, is your AC higher than 30?

The level 46 has nothing to do with it, Mordenkainens Disjunction has a close range 25ft + 5ft/2 levels. It has a spread of 40 feet so the minimum level is 30th to catch him in the effect. By determining the distance that the spell caster is throwing spells at, you can roughly gadge the power of the caster.

And Harkuf's AC is 45 atm (he doesn't have his shield out)

Initiative Roll of 10 + 7 = 17

Remove ads