Judgement Day: EVIL (Good stay out)

Albedo

First Post
Ok, I'm not going to OOC coach you guys through every little detail here. It works, legit and by the rules. You don't know all the facts and thats the way I intend to keep it. You can suppose about what happened all you like, but there is only one thing you need to focus on. What you tried didn't work. Instead of OOCing me to find out why, do something about it. I really don't want to do this EVERY time I pull a surprise on you. Move on. And just this once, AFTER the combat is over, I will explain what happened. So get on with it, roll me an initiative and live your life.

Wrahn

First Post
Albedo said:
Ok, I'm not going to OOC coach you guys through every little detail here. It works, legit and by the rules. You don't know all the facts and thats the way I intend to keep it. You can suppose about what happened all you like, but there is only one thing you need to focus on. What you tried didn't work. Instead of OOCing me to find out why, do something about it. I really don't want to do this EVERY time I pull a surprise on you. Move on. And just this once, AFTER the combat is over, I will explain what happened. So get on with it, roll me an initiative and live your life.

Actually, I did roll initiative (back on post 80 (10 + 7 =17)) but I am not asking this stuff OOC, I was asking it to understand the situation. If there is nothing unusual about the way the spellcaster(s) are casting spells, then the only conclusion that Harkuf can draw is that he is facing a 30+ spell caster out there. Where Mordenkainen's Disjunction was centered can give him a better idea.

When suprised you need to ask questions to figure out what is going on. Don't interpret this as an attack, it isn't meant as one, just trying to analyze what is going on.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: *nod* We don't belive you're being unfair, and we aren't upset, we're just trying to make sense of a complex situation in order to respond appropriately. We don't need all the facts, but we do need a clear understanding about what our *characters* know about the situation. Harkuf may not know how the caster was casting so fast, which is fine, but he absolutely should be clear on who is (or isn't) doing the casting.

The whole reason I started discussing it w/ Wrahn was so that hopefully we could work it out without you having to explain every little detail. :heh:

Wrahn

First Post
OOC: I am then assuming there was nothing indirect, no device used, no rods used, Mordenkainen's Disjunction was centered on Harkuf and the spell caster cast a spell unquickened and had an additional action readied.

IC: Harkuf recasts Mind Blank on himself, quicken casts Veil to appear as a small woodland animal native to the area (chipmunk, field mouse, etc) and moves 30 feet back toward the portal.

Rkhet

First Post
/ooc: just a reminder: DM responses to Alosat and Gwynneth has not yet been posted... don't mean to rush you, but there you go. :)

Albedo

First Post
Alosat makes it to the mountain, and looks around. He sees a few gates built into the mountainside that probably leads to tunnels, but these are sealed doors, so his shapechange won't allow him to make it through. He also sees a few guard towers, but there is no real signs of life here.
Gwynneth flies towards the city and sees pretty much the same thing that Aethan did.

Harkuf, are you disengaging from battle? Also, as you scurry away towards the portal, you get the sending from Aethan. (read previous post).

Rkhet

First Post
Alosat examines the doors in closer detail, tapping it to discern its material. If they are thin enough (thickness less than the height of a Huge creature), he will Shapechange into a Dream Vestige and go right through in its incorporeal state. If the door is backed by a Force effect, he will use Infinite Variety to assume the Immunity to Force ability of Force Dragons, and go through anyway.

If the above fails, and the doors are not sealed watertight, he will assume the shape of a Fine-sized insect and crawl through. He will also try the Xorn's burrowing abilities on the surrounding rocks.

If this fails as well, he will look for an air vent: the city cannot possibly be sealed so tight as to block out the air.

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Return message to Aethen's Sending "They have mages capable of casting magic of the highest order standing guard. Playing cat and mouse with them at the moment."

(OOC: They have effectively bunkered themselves, but he is not disengaging per se)

Next round, if they don't to anything, he quicken casts Web, so the area of effect includes the anti-magic field, then he moves 30 feet back towards the portal. He readies an action to cast Mind Rape against the Robed guy if the web takes effect inside the anti-magic area.

Next round he will find some obstruction (low rise/bush/tallish grass) to block the sudden appearance of a field mouse from the tower (figuring at this point Harkuf is 200' from the tower). He will dismiss his Invisibility and ready an action to cast MindRape on the robed guy again, as soon as the web takes effect inside the area of anti-magic.

He will continue for 2 rounds, placing himself 60 feet from the invisible portal and 240ft from the tower as a now visible field mouse (30ft, ready, 10ft, ready). if they still don't drop the anti-magic field, he waits, keeping an action ready for when they do.

Bialaska

First Post
The air elemental wizardess flies upwards as she nears the city, to a height of maybe a single mile. At this height she starts mumbling the words of a Gate spell connected to the Elemental Plane of Earth, summoning an Elemental Monolith. Without the capability of flight the colossal beast is meant to drop to the ground. And if it survives the fall (hopefully killing many citizen), then it should just go on a rampage for as long as possible.

Remove ads