Judgement Day: EVIL (Good stay out)

Pyrex

First Post
/ooc: Given that they're able to use MDJ and have been seen to be equipped with a Robe of Eyes, it's not all that unlikely that they used a Metamagic Rod of Enlarge (or something similar) to boost the range of the MDJ.

Bialaska

First Post
OOC: Sorry I've been missing guys. RL have been less than pleasant. However I should be back now. :)

IC:
As the others seems to rush off, Gwynneth shakes her head. "Young fools," she mutters as she teleports towards the nearest point she is aware of near Maleign (or if she knows one closer than 20 miles, she'll stop 20 miles outside the city). And then she starts flying closer to the city.

Wrahn

First Post
Pyrex said:
/ooc: Given that they're able to use MDJ and have been seen to be equipped with a Robe of Eyes, it's not all that unlikely that they used a Metamagic Rod of Enlarge (or something similar) to boost the range of the MDJ.

Possible, but Harkuf would likely notice someone using a rod. I am not saying it is impossible, I am just trying to figure out what I am facing here.

Pyrex

First Post
ooc: At a (totally random) guess? An ~18th level Wizard and a pair of ~15th level Fighters or Rangers. Which makes for some pretty bad-ass border guards.

Wrahn

First Post
Pyrex said:
ooc: At a (totally random) guess? An ~18th level Wizard and a pair of ~15th level Fighters or Rangers. Which makes for some pretty bad-ass border guards.

Nope at least two casters, one a minimum of 17th level wizard and the second who was holding their action to cast Antimagic Aura. We need our own OOC thread.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Seconded. Pretty sure I've brought that up a couple times. :)

OOC2: Seemed pretty clear to me that there is only one caster, who sequentially cast MDJ then Antimagic Field. The guy with the Robe has a bow (Ranger?) the next guard has a Greatsword (Fighter?) and the third is the caster.

Wrahn

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Seconded. Pretty sure I've brought that up a couple times. :)

OOC2: Seemed pretty clear to me that there is only one caster, who sequentially cast MDJ then Antimagic Field. The guy with the Robe has a bow (Ranger?) the next guard has a Greatsword (Fighter?) and the third is the caster.

He cast Mordenkainen's Disjunction, unless that was quickened, how could he have a readied action to cast Antimagic Field?

Pyrex

First Post
OOC:
As I read it:
--Round -1
Harkuf casts Mind Rape, bounced by Spell Turing
Caster casts MDJ

--Round 0
Harkuf casts Mind Rape again and Quickened Greater Invisibility
Caster uses readied action to cast AMF

--Round 1
>>Initiative results have not been posted<<

Wrahn

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC:
As I read it:
--Round -1
Harkuf casts Mind Rape, bounced by Spell Turing
Caster casts MDJ

--Round 0
Harkuf casts Mind Rape again and Quickened Greater Invisibility
Caster uses readied action to cast AMF

--Round 1
>>Initiative results have not been posted<<

That is how I see it too, but where did the single caster get a readied action from, unless they beat him in initiative that wasn't rolled, unless you are saying they just took an action after Harkuf acted or:

Suprise Round 1:

Harkuf casts Mindrape which bounces
Mage Casts Mordenkainen's Disjunction
Guard 2 draws sword and readies and action to cast Anti-Magic Field in response to casting from unknown magic user
Guard 3 draws a bow and prepares to shot unknown caster

Round 2:

Harkuf casts again triggering action of Guard 2 and guard 3
Mage has an action.

Pyrex

First Post
Albedo said:
The guard wearing the robe draws as longbow and one of his other companions draws a greatsword, ... until the third one casts Mordenkainen's Disjunction.

Albedo said:
As Harkuf casts his spell, the unarmed guard and the guard with the bow take their readied actions. The unarmed one casts an antimagic field, engulfing the three men.

I don't know how he got a readied action either, but it's pretty clear from Al's posts that there are three individuals (Bow & Robe of Eyes, Greatsword, Unarmed) and that the Unarmed individual cast both spells.

Remove ads