• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths

WhatKu

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Morrin smiled and nodded to the symbol on the shoulder plate of his armor. His eyes seemed to almost a glow a more golden color a moment before he spoke again, "I am Morrin Estilan, an Acolyte and Warrior for the Lord," he ran a hand through his golden hair to move it out of the way of his eyes, "I was also sent for an artifact...the Priest at my Temple said I would encounter at least one other who was looking for it. Do you know if there are more of us? I also know nothing about it except that it is...here somewhere."

"I have not met any other Kelmvorites, much less one looking for this artifact. Since no one knows what it looks like, or even the name of it, my attempts at Scrying have failed me. I am trying to acquire some more funds for a few new scrolls, in order to find out what this thing is. Which brings us back to the subject I was talking about to that noble person over there, who seems to be your companion. Work. Adventure. Anything that will get some gold in my pouch, or that spell in my book. By the way, this is Whisper, a good freind, and a good help in any number of tight spots."
Halark sits back down, and motions for Whisper and Morrin to do the same. He then motions to the waitress for more wine.

Morrin nodded to Whisper and sat down at an angle, his sword and shield making it difficult to sit straight. The Aasimar closed his eyes a moment to think, then said, "Well, it seems we are most definatly looking for the same thing...so I will offer what I can to assist you. This artifact must be of some importance...I was told of a High Priest who lived here in Chult that kept it. I do not recall his name, though I know he dissappeared...and presumed dead. Do you know any more than I?"

Velenne

Explorer
Whisper returns the clap heartily- perhaps a little too heartily for the wizard- and sits down. As always, his presence is more felt than heard. Or smelled as it were. Currently, the sour scent of lemons wafts across the table from him. "Pleasure" to those accustomed to the language.

The quiet Saurial listens in, trying to figure out where they are in the conversation.

Erekose13

Explorer
Undinar Deptholas, water genasi Living Spell

* Undinar points to one of the large round red and yellow fruit and asks for that type of juice. At Winter's question he looks the wizard over and as his companions Morrin, Whisper, and Dorcha all mill about, considering the man carefully. He thinks to himself, We could use some added help to find the spring that I seek and it would appear that this Halark has many associates. He is a little too sure of himself, though I suppose that in an interview such as this it is necessary. I wonder if his motives are as obvious as he makes them out to be - the need for money to find an artifact. Also Winter mentioned my quest, hmm.*

"I think that we could use some extra hands, especially if we are heading into the jungle itself. This man seems capable and if his companions would be joining us as well then perhaps we can strike for our goal soon." He says quietly to Winter.

dave_o

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
* Undinar points to one of the large round red and yellow fruit and asks for that type of juice. At Winter's question he looks the wizard over and as his companions Morrin, Whisper, and Dorcha all mill about, considering the man carefully. He thinks to himself, We could use some added help to find the spring that I seek and it would appear that this Halark has many associates. He is a little too sure of himself, though I suppose that in an interview such as this it is necessary. I wonder if his motives are as obvious as he makes them out to be - the need for money to find an artifact. Also Winter mentioned my quest, hmm.*

"I think that we could use some extra hands, especially if we are heading into the jungle itself. This man seems capable and if his companions would be joining us as well then perhaps we can strike for our goal soon." He says quietly to Winter.

Raising a blow slowly, Winter bites at his bottom lip. "Too many hands spoil the stew, Prince." Winter lowers his voice a degree. "I am in no hurry to associate so closely with Kelemvites. They are quite fanatical."

Reaching inside his silken coat, Winter holds out a handful of gold coins to Undinar. (Approximately twenty) "For your stay, and that juice you just ordered. Later, perhaps, do you think you could fetch a few things for me? I feel relatively safe here."

Erekose13

Explorer
Undinar Deptholas, water genasi Living Spell

Undinar replies quietly, whispering within Winter's hearing, "I have not had dealings with their kind before, so I trust your decision. I do however think that it would be wise to have atleast more than just the two of us treaking off into a jungle." He takes the coin and puts it in his belt pouch before continuing, "Thank you, I shall take care of everything with our kind host here. And just let me know what else you need, I wouldnt mind a chance to wander this city a bit more."

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Halark, you know the artifact was supposed to be one that could purify undead.*

*Morrin, you know that it takes the form of some kind of chalice, cup, or other vessel, marked in a strange language.*

*Undinar, the young woman bows and returns with an elegant pottery cup of a sweet red juice. She also puts another bottle of wine on Halark's table.*

Last edited:

WhatKu

First Post
"I know that it purifies undead. No clue what it looks like, who made it, where it is, how to get it, if its guarded, or if it has something to do with that pool the others are searching for"

Remove ads