Just Always Wondered

Elf_Ariel

First Post
*eyes Zeren* I'm not cementing you, you'd enjoy it!

*eyes Donny* Me...biased? Little old me? *snickers* No, I'm just in denial as to exactly how long I've been here, and if I bag out all you 'old folks' I'm never gonna become part uh that crowd. I'll always be 'in' with the new crowd, safe from being accused of...being ancient! Hooray for me...forever young!

Krystal

First Post
Hrm, let's see, how did I get started?

Back around 1995 I was bored and wanted a book to read and we were in a WalMarts. My mom pointed out a book with a dragon on it and said "You like fantasy, try that." And I said "No... that looks too much like all of Anne McCaffrey's dragon books and I can't stand them."

Well, my mother convinced me to buy it anyway, since if I liked it great, and if not, it was only a couple of bucks. So I did. It was Jean Rabe's "Dawning of a New Age" (I think that was the first in the trilogy...)

So I read it, enjoyed it, and started looking for other DragonLance books and read the Autumn/Winter/Spring Trilogy. I don't remember which book it was, the first or the ones after, but I was looking through the covers and saw a website address for wizards. Being fairly new to the web, I was curious and checked it out.

I stumbled onto ISRP as I saw a link to online chat rooms. I'd been in chat rooms on yahoo and was curious what this one was like, so I made a name and started poking around.

This was back in the days of TSROs instead of WIZOs. The rooms were much quieter and had fewer people back then. I managed to stumble on a friendly TSRO, who I never saw again (I wonder if he was impersonating them, as I remember there being a notice about turning in people who were impersonating TSROs) and a couple of friendly folks. I made friends with many of them, some who I'm still friends with and some who, unfortunately, I don't know if I could say if I am or aren't. *shrugs*

Krystal was my first and pretty much ONLY character I've ever had. I tried making other characters, but I never seemed to hit it off with any of them like I did Krys.

Bhryn

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
*eyes Zeren* I'm not cementing you, you'd enjoy it!

*eyes Donny* Me...biased? Little old me? *snickers* No, I'm just in denial as to exactly how long I've been here, and if I bag out all you 'old folks' I'm never gonna become part uh that crowd. I'll always be 'in' with the new crowd, safe from being accused of...being ancient! Hooray for me...forever young!

GASP, I knew it, you're Mel Gibson! [/random]

Ruthia

First Post
Lysander Namm said:
Oh, now I know what I forgot, the first characters. Yeah the almighty (though prolly forgotten by now) Calgar and followed imediatly by Fox Ronopolis. Wow that was a long time back, well guess I'll go dust off my cane and shuffle off. Even though I'm not the oldest, seems I'm not that far off

You played Fox?! Gods I used ta LOVE watching that Character. He was on the list of ones I had that I would just sit in the tavern and watch back when I was first learning this RPing stuff. Learned a lot watching people like you :)

Bailey and Reesa

Gods now THERE are two names I remember fondly :):D Always watched them too...Yes I did a lot of "sit and watch" Back when I was Ruthia_the_White. But then again all she did was read books!

Lysander Namm

First Post
Ruthia said:
You played Fox?! Gods I used ta LOVE watching that Character. He was on the list of ones I had that I would just sit in the tavern and watch back when I was first learning this RPing stuff. Learned a lot watching people like you :)

Yeah... him amungst many many others

Enelya

First Post
Lysander Namm said:
Ruthia said:

Yeah... him amungst many many others

Fox Ronopolis... *and just giggles*

Toxicsyn

First Post
what got me into roleplaying? TSR classic Marvel Superheroes. When i was in grade school, i adored comic books (still do) and naturally wanted to be a superhero when i grew up (that didn't work out). So naturally when friends brought forth the old dice and sheets, and imagination, we played superheroes. Which was my gateway drug to other games like Forgotten Realms, Wraith the Oblivion, Wild Cards, BESM, etc.

What got me into ISRP? Well, i was addicted to Muds and my favortive site crashed. I needed a new outlet, got intrigued by the Wizard's chat site (at the time, was just getting into RPGA) and saw that it had a chat room. This was about freshman year, after room jumping, i found the ISRP section alot more interesting and played a host of characters over the years.

And yes, i still enjoy it.

Remove ads