Just saw Logan (spoilers)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Saw it today and it was grim and wonderfully done, a hard R, Wolverine at his best. Have to say Marvel is doing a great job with these lower budget R-rated super movies.

Got a kick from the Deadpool skit at the beginning.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
do they tie the story at all to the comic? what happeneed at mansion/kid hulk & old hulk. I'm glad its his last xman movie.

Having done some research, other than the fact that they both have the word "Logan" in the title, this has nothing to do with the comic.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Got a kick from the Deadpool skit at the beginning.

Bizarrely, we didn't get that. Goodness knows why not, but I've seen it online now. Mildly funny, but it's just a comedy sketch which has been done by comedians a thousand times since the late 1970s. Pretty worn joke.

I liked it a lot. It was pretty devestating for everyone involved. I think the end of Xavier hit me hardest (as it hit Wolverine, giving his reaction at the grave.) Indeed, quite emotional story.

Nellisir

Hero
I've seen it twice now.

- There are no (known) plans to do anything with the mutant kids & X-23. The X-Men movies timeline is all kinds of crazy, and Logan seems to have dealt with it by ignoring it and telling the story they wanted to tell. Which I absolutely think was the right call, except for the moment when they actually put a year on things. That was unnecessary.

- Anyways, if Fox did do more with those kids, it'd be "in the future", and that'd be weird. Or they'd have to bring them back to the past, and that'd be weird. James Mangold has basically said (IMO) that they ought to just tell stories and not stress about it.

- It's unclear exactly what happened in Westchester, except that over 600 people were affected and 7 mutants died, and it involved Xavier's seizures. It seems likely that the Westchester incident was his first seizure, and he provoked complete paralysis for so long that the X-Men essentially suffocated. It's not clear why other people didn't die, unless the effect diminishes with range. It seems obvious to me, based on Logan & Xavier's reactions, that Logan didn't kill the X-Men. Charles takes all the blame for that.

- movie Logan and comic Old Man Logan both involve an old, tired Wolverine and a bunch of dead X-Men in the past. Similarities end there.

- Major props for the inclusion of the Reavers. I could actually name a few of them just from their appearance, which was pretty cool. Would've liked to have seen more tech on Pierce.

- The "no more mutants" thing was weird. We can't even get fluoride in all the water in the US, but we can eliminate mutants world-wide with food additives? Weird.

- I too thought it was (briefly) Creed towards the end. I'm not sure if that would've made for a stronger story than clone-Logan, but my hunch is it would have. Sabretooth selling out would be completely in character, and without adamantium, he'd be faster, stronger, and functionally younger. I think there would've been more emotional resonance too - but maybe it was one too many villains to introduce?Too bad. Sabretooth vs X-23 would've been beyond sweet.

- Xander Rice didn't carry much impact. Meh.

- The ending worked for me. I don't need to see the kids over the border. It's Logan's story, not theirs.

Last edited:

Garamal

First Post
Actually I was disappointed with the last few Marvel's movies but when I saw the film Logan I thought it was the best movie in Marvel universe, for now) Hope they'll continue in the same manner and their films will be only better

Actually I was disappointed with the last few Marvel's movies but when I saw the film Logan I thought it was the best movie in Marvel universe, for now) Hope they'll continue in the same manner and their films will be only better

Logan isn't part of the MCU, it's part of the X-Men movies put out by Fox.

Nellisir

Hero

So it's not in the "Marvel universe" as referred to by Garamal immediately previous. It might be the best recent movie from a Marvel property, but it's not part of the defined Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's possible the people in charge of the MCU will look at *Logan* and make a few adjustments, but their movies have been doing alright as is.

Remove ads