Just saw Logan (spoilers)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Strange Aeons is not a D&D adventure.
Pathfinder is 3.75. Folks at Paizo even wrote it on the drafts of what would become PF. http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...tifacts-From-PATHFINDER-S-Development-History!

Yup.jpg

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I liked the movie.

I feel like there was something missing from it, however, I cannot discern what exactly?

Had a bad feeling for that family the whole time. Thought perhaps the movie would surprise me and do the unexpected, but I was wrong.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I really liked the movie. Some major plot issues, bit I just decided not to be bothered by them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I liked the movie.

I feel like there was something missing from it, however, I cannot discern what exactly?

Had a bad feeling for that family the whole time. Thought perhaps the movie would surprise me and do the unexpected, but I was wrong.

I thought it was pretty good. With that said, and putting on a critical eye :

I thought that it was a little off center. There are compelling stories about all three of Logan, Charles and Laura, and to a lesser extent, about Pierce and Caliban. Centering the narrative on Logan shifts the movie off of the other two important stories.

The plot has very little surprise. The reveal of Charles actions a year previous could have been made more dramatic.

---

While thinking about the move: Does Charles find redemption? Or is his fate ultimately tragic? He remembers what he did, but it wasn't really his fault, and the cost is the lives of the family at the farmhouse. And at his moment of clarity, he is struck down by X-23.

Thx!
TomB

Janx

Hero
I had watched X-Men Origins the night before, so the lesson of "any farmhouse family who helps logan is gonna die" was impressed early.

it's part of why x-23 should have been Sabretooth.

It was a good wolverine movie.

I just feel a few things could have been tweaked.

Even Chuck getting shanked felt off. So now we'll never know what the big event was, really.

Also, new thought. What's to stop somebody from hunting down Wolvie's grave and making a sweet set of ginsu knives?

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Also, new thought. What's to stop somebody from hunting down Wolvie's grave and making a sweet set of ginsu knives?

Heh, there's an idea! How about digging up the whole body and clearing out the organic bits? Add in some electronics and motors (easy in Comics) and presto you could have an Adamantium Terminator ... (ahem cough Necron).

Thx!
TomB

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
All of the stand alone Wolverine films tried to be less of a superhero film and more of a personal film and failed. This one was successful. It wasn't the best of films, but for once we actually cared about the characters and the plot that didn't have too may plots holes. Like who build that house? How did the kids get there alone?

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
All the Mexican women died along the way or perhaps split off to misdirect, and these 'kids' as we have found through the movie have all been trained as weapons. Not your typical helpless child stock.

Works enough for me.

Remove ads