• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Justified: New FX Series

Sutekh

First Post
Not a show with a Scifi bent at all, this new show set in Kentucky has Timothy Olyphant playing a US Marshall who is busted down to the 'boondocks' from Miami.

Ive just seen the first episode, it has the best opening scene Ive seen in a long time.

It is fairly well paced, has action when needed (and not just thrown in). There are some great one liners, a good cast

Check it out, it has my vote as best new tv show of 2009-2010

Crothian

First Post
It was good. The cast seemed well but they didn't explore many other characters yet so I look forward to that. It will be interesting to see how the two former friends keep butting heads.

Quantum

First Post
It was an all right episode.

One of the things I did like about it is how they portrayed the old convict. Usually they tend to play these guys as ruthless and mean spirited. But this guy was actually downright friendly. But still, even at that he was nobody to mess around with.

So far I've liked the show, but I haven't seen anything that sets it apart from other pure cops shows and haven't seen anything spectacular. For all I know he could be just another Walker Texas Ranger clone.

But I do hope the show does not go the route that Walker Texas Ranger show did.

coyote6

Adventurer
I liked the first two episodes, and there were some nice subtle bits for the other marshals (the sniper & Rachel). I hope they'll get more development as the show goes.

I'm curious about Walton Goggins' role in the show, though; I thought he was going to be a regular, but that seems unlikely, what with him shot and in jail. I wonder if he's going to get released somehow, and continue with his alleged epiphany about changing his ways.

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Something's off here. Hulu only has clips, not the full episodes. Nothing on Fancast either. So, as far as I can tell, there's no way for me to watch this show.

People wouldn't happen to be suggesting that I actually go watch this on...uggh...television? Find out what time it's broadcast and what channel and all of that? I'd sooner go watch Ben Folds doing his chat roulette thing on Youtube. :mad:

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
So, as far as I can tell, there's no way for me to watch this show.
We bought a season pass from iTunes. We don't get FX--paying only for local stations from Comcast @ $13 a month, it was over $60 a month for the package that included FX--but the season pass for Justified was $35. In one month we made up for the price of the entire season run and it is commercial free.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads