• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell - on Amazon now

mhensley

First Post
They report that it will be released on April 15 and it retails for $29.99. Their price is $19.77. No cover shot yet though.

A D&D adventure for characters of levels 1-3.

The town of Winterhaven stands watch over a ruined keep that was once a bastion of good in the realm. This keep overlooks the Shadow Rift, a dark scar in the world that was once a gateway to the Shadowfell but has been dormant for many years. Now, an evil cleric of Orcus, Demon Lord of the Undead, seeks to re-open the gate, and the only thing standing in his way is a small yet determined band of heroes from Winterhaven.

Keep on the Shadowfell is an exciting Dungeons & Dragons adventure designed for characters of levels 1-3. It includes three double-sided poster maps suitable for use with D&D miniatures, as well as information on the town of Winterhaven and environs.

About the Author
BRUCE R. CORDELL is an Origins Award-winning roleplaying game designer at Wizards of the Coast, Inc. whose previous design credits include the Complete Psionic(TM) supplement and the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft(TM) campaign adventure.

MIKE MEARLS worked as a freelance game designer before joining Wizards of the Coast, Inc. as a roleplaying game developer in 2006, developing rules mechanics for such products as the Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords(TM) supplement and the Player's Handbook(R) II supplement.

http://www.amazon.com/Keep-Shadowfe...1583858?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188997742&sr=8-1

mhensley

First Post
Glyfair said:
Sort of makes you wonder where Clark Peterson stands on the 4E situation.

It looks like they killed Necromancer Games and took their stuff. ;)

On the plus side, this will probably make a good lead in adventure to Temple of Abysthor.

mhensley

First Post
the only thing standing in his way is a small yet determined band of heroes from Winterhaven.

Heh, I just noticed this. I grew up a few miles from Winterhaven. It looks like the new implied setting will be the mythical land of Florida. :D

Jer

Legend
Supporter
mhensley said:
They report that it will be released on April 15 and it retails for $29.99. Their price is $19.77. No cover shot yet though.

http://www.amazon.com/Keep-Shadowfe...1583858?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188997742&sr=8-1

$30? Wow - I wasn't expecting that. They said it was 96 pages in the media fact sheet, with 3 poster maps. That's smaller than Slaughtergarde from just last year, and it was $25. I figured that Wizards would drop the price of the Quickstart adventure to encourage people to pick it up. Hm.

(Of course, Amazon is also listing it as "hardcover" so who knows - sometimes Amazon just seems to make stuff up as a placeholder until the final information on a book shows up).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I still want to know what the heck the Shadowfell is. New plane? Renamed plane? Some sort of undead power source?

It sounds like a fun dungeon, though. I'll be Ptolusizing this as a 4E test run for my group, turning the cleric of Orcus into a chaos cultist and making Winterfell a Stonelost dwarf fortress in Ye Olde Giant Underdark Cavern, which also contains the Shadow Rift.

TavernBrawler

First Post
mhensley said:
Heh, I just noticed this. I grew up a few miles from Winterhaven. It looks like the new implied setting will be the mythical land of Florida. :D

Well, this state is full of strange news, strange places and very strange people. :)

Imaro

Legend
Jer said:
$30? Wow - I wasn't expecting that. They said it was 96 pages in the media fact sheet, with 3 poster maps. That's smaller than Slaughtergarde from just last year, and it was $25. I figured that Wizards would drop the price of the Quickstart adventure to encourage people to pick it up. Hm.

(Of course, Amazon is also listing it as "hardcover" so who knows - sometimes Amazon just seems to make stuff up as a placeholder until the final information on a book shows up).

Yeah I agree...$30 for an adventure I can use for 1-3 lvls out of 30 doesn't seem very good bang for the buck. I think WotC is betting on alot of purchases simply fom the fact that people will want to preview the rules system, I think I'll wait till core is out first. I would have rather preferred a "quickstart" module that was a little cheaper than this type of buy in saqy in the $16 range.

Remove ads