Keith Baker (creator of Eberron) Q & A thread

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Since the wizards.com boards seem to be down at the moment I'll post my question here (and cross-post on the Q&A thread on the Eberron boards when it becomes live over there again).

Q. The holy symbol for the Sovereign Host is exactly the same shape as the planeological symbol for Dolurrh. Co-incidence or design?

Cheers

Ceresco

First Post
At the beginning of the races section there are examples of humans and their regional dress. Can you please identify country of origin for those drawings?

howandwhy99

Adventurer
From reading the calendar, it looks as if there are 12 moons circling Eberron. Each of these corresponds to the month when the planet is in closest proximity. It is rumored that there once was a "13th" moon.

So, are these the extraplanar worlds from the orreries?
How is it possible to have a "new" moon. I noticed that the plane of endless night (name?) came into conjunction at the nearest new moon to the winter solstice.
Does Eberron still only have 1 full moon per month?
How does this impact lycanthropes?

Remathilis

Legend
How would you fit the psionics handbook races (dromite, elan, half-giant, xeph, maenad, thri-kreen, duergar) into Eberron? Servants of the Inspired? Just more races with psi-talent?

The twelve moons correspond to the 12 planes. Does that mean they wax/wane in and out (growing bigger and smaller) as the planes orbit instead of going through "moon phases" like our moon does? Which moon governs lycanthropy (for the few remaining lycanthropes on Eberron)?

Why the decision to split the demons and devils among several different planes?
Do these outsiders have any common heritage any longer? (IE, the Balor and the Marilith having any common unity aside from "tanar'ri" traits?)

Lots of questions already!

Mine also involves the War Forged. Their armor "skin" can have enchantments. Does this include Glamor? If so- does this mean they can appear to be something other than a war forged or does the plateing simpily become more decorative or less?

By the way- well done. It's amazing how well you got the world to jive as you have.

Hellcow

Adventurer
Hey folks -

I'm in the middle of a huge deadline right now, but hopefully I will be able to answer some questions either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your interest!

Driddle

First Post
Driddle said:
Mr. Baker,
What's the best way to explain to people that we don't need no steenkin' dark elves in Eberron?

Hellcow said:
I'm in the middle of a huge deadline right now, but hopefully I will be able to answer some questions either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your interest!

Thank you for that very speedy, very direct reply. I can't help but note that MY question is the one that prompted your first message on this particular thread. Obviously, the "Drow Issue" is something you'll want to clear up immediately.

But reading between the lines, I see a hint of your stance already: When you say, for example, "I'm in the middle of a huge deadline," it's obvious that you really mean, "You've got nearly a dozen sentient PC races to pick from already, people!" Nicely put; I couldn't have said it better myself.

And when you write, "Thanks for your interest," it's clearly a polite way to express, "What?! You can't find something interesting enough in this campaign without bringing even more tired old cliches along with you???" I appreciate that perspective.

Thanks again. You, sir, are the master of subtlety. I look forward to more of your insights.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Driddle said:
Thanks again. You, sir, are the master of subtlety. I look forward to more of your insights.

Y'know, that's kinda how my sister used to pull what she wanted out of my responses, too. You'd be surprised how much "GO AWAY" sounds like "Just come over anytime, and, please, help youreself to anything in the fridge." :p

Tzarevitch

First Post
Before I ask my question I must say that I love the setting.

That said, do you have any idea roughly how many people or what percentage of the population actually have dragonmarks on the continent of Khorvaire? The DMG has rules to break down percentage of the population that has certain classes and thereby you can figure out how many people of a particular class and level are likely to be in a particular area. I'd like to be able to do that for dragonmarked people as well.

Thanks in advance.

Tzarevitch

Remove ads