Killing Zander [Planescape 3.0] CLOSED TO RECRUITING

Dr. Screampunk

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ok, here's my stab at a character. You didn't have anything in your template for saving throws, so I added one. I hope that's ok. :)

ARGH! Firk dang frickin' firk!

How did I miss saving throws on the template? $%&$@%#!$%

Thanks for pointing that out. :) I've updated the template to include saving throws.

Dr. Screampunk

First Post
UPDATE!

Gentlemen, you will notice I have CLOSED the thread to recruiting. You are the chosen, the few, the proud. :p

Our heroes are...

Rknop
Isidia Kep'Tukari
Ferrix

Perfect!

As I type this message it is 8:43 am, July 4, and I am in scenic Bellingham, Washington. My wife and daughter and I are soon to drive back to Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada (our home, sniff, sob), which is about a five hour drive. So I won't be ready for further information until Monday. However, expect a more detailed update Monday morning. By that time I will have gone over your characters (they all look great at first glance, BTW) and I'll have some additional background information for you.

Then, we begin the game! I'm pumped! (Did I mention I love PBP games? ;) )

We'll keep this thread open for our OOC thread. I don't really see a need for a Rogue's Gallery thread; we can just keep characters here, I think. Thanks for the input so far--if you see any other screwups on my part, please point them out! (How the FIRK DANG FIRK did I forget saving throws on the template??) :mad: I want this to be *our* game, not mine. So give me as much feedback as you want.

Anyway, we have our heroic trio. Now give me a day to get back home and read through your characters...next update Monday morning!

Cheers,

Dr. Screampunk

Ferrix

Explorer
huzzah!

oh yeah, props to Isida and Rknop, cool characters... we're gonna have a funny bunch... gullible fighter, jaded rogue, knowledge hungry wizard, sounds like a standard crew

that and I find it funny that i'm smarter than the wizard ;-) no offense hopefully ;-)

Last edited:

rknop

Adventurer
Ferrix said:
huzzah!

oh yeah, props to Isida and Rknop, cool characters... we're gonna have a funny bunch... gullible fighter, jaded rogue, knowledge hungry wizard, sounds like a standard crew

that and I find it funny that i'm smarter than the wizard ;-) no offense hopefully ;-)

No offense :) Because the wizard is way prettier than the rogue... And besides, it's not just raw intelligence that makes a scholar, it's years and years and years of hard work. (I talk not just about Pyras, but also about myself....)

If we have a weakness, it's in the willpower department. Look at those Wisdom scores.... Pyras wins with a 10. An evil GM would realize that we're easily manipulated.... :uhoh:

-Rob

Ferrix

Explorer
rknop said:
No offense :) Because the wizard is way prettier than the rogue... And besides, it's not just raw intelligence that makes a scholar, it's years and years and years of hard work. (I talk not just about Pyras, but also about myself....)

If we have a weakness, it's in the willpower department. Look at those Wisdom scores.... Pyras wins with a 10. An evil GM would realize that we're easily manipulated.... :uhoh:

-Rob

well, how intelligence usually works out in D&D isn't just raw IQ but your general ability to learn which covers many areas... never said my character was more scholarly though ;-)

yeah, none of us are pillars of self-determination... though pyras' will save is the best out of all of us since it's the good one for a wizard.

i can't wait to begin playing, it's gonna be a fun group i imagine and hopefully the pace keeps pretty high, a lot of the games i'm in lately are slowing down a bit.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
This is going to be pretty funny though. Someone is going to have to point me in the right direction, and Pelor help me if someone casts charm person.

Ferrix

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
This is going to be pretty funny though. Someone is going to have to point me in the right direction, and Pelor help me if someone casts charm person.

I think I can point you in a direction... whoever said anything about right and wrong?

Vindicator

First Post
UPDATE!

Hey dudes, sorry for being late on the update. We ended up leaving a day late due to traffic at the border, blah blah blah...

Anyway, a few comments on the characters:

KEYS
1. Reflex and Will saves should be +8 and +1 respectively, due to the Halfling racial bonus (+1 on all saving throws). You've added the Fortitude save correctly, though (+2).
2. Hide should be +13, not +12 (4 ranks + 5 DEX bonus + 4 for small-sized creature).
3. Balance, Escape Artist, Pick Pocket, and Tumble should all be +9, not +8 (4 ranks + 5 DEX bonus for each).

Everything else on Keys looks great. It's cool to have a disfigured halfling women with severe pathos in the party. And I'm serious, not being funny. ;)

ROTH NOSEBREAKER
1. You've listed his height as 6'4" and his weight as only 174 lbs., which would actually make him very skinny. Yet he's described as "covered with bulging muscles" and his STR is 18. So probably his weight should be closer to 215-225 lbs.
2. Craft (Blacksmithing) should be +6 (4 ranks + INT bonus 2), not +7.
3. Just a question: are you *sure* you want Roth's Wisdom to be *3*? Keep in mind that Wisdom is not just how "wise" a character is, it is also "perception . . . being in tune with one's surroundings" (PHB p.9). A character with a Wisdom of only 3 would be nearly autistic...

Don't get me wrong, I'll allow the Wisdom score, but I want to make sure you're going in with your eyes open, since Roth's won't be. ;)

PRYAS FARBOULDER
Everything looks great on Pryas.

Overall, I'm really happy with the party. A very intriguing trio, with lots of role-playing potential. Sweet! Just make sure Roth is pointed in the right direction at all times...and maybe watch RAIN MAN for inspiration. :p

I'll see you boys over at PLAYING THE GAME. It's Monday night as I type this, and I'll have the first game posting up tomorrow a.m. (maybe later tonight, if all goes well). See you there!

Dr. Screampunk

Remove ads