Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Tokiwong

First Post
Malibu, California
0015 Local Time, March 10, 2004

Harvey drives down the PCH about three miles before pulling off onto a dark side street. The street meanders through the hills, up towards a church overlooking the beach. It’s an Old Catholic church with a large stained glass window of the Mother Mary with her arms spread towards the parishioners.

A high wall surrounds the actual church, and the gate I surprisingly sophisticated despite the old rustic appearance. Inside the gate tall willow trees flank the road shivering in the ocean breeze. Harvey pulls up in front of the church, and parks the vehicle out front. He motion for the rest of you to follow and then walk towards the church.

Inside you find a woman sitting alone in the pews in a similar trench coat to Harvey, she glances up over her shoulder towards the group and stands, her hands in her pockets. She has short-cropped brown hair, and hazel eyes, and a smile that is not all that comforting. She wears a gray business suit, and a shoulder holster for a pistol under the trench coat.

The woman speaks to Harvey, “I think you could have made yourself more available and we would have been able to avoid the mess.”

Harvey shrugs, “Hey I could not help it, I had a few leads I had to check, and I had to stay focused. Besides once I ran into Dan, I knew she would be good hands, even if he is wired.”

Selene finally speaks still holding her shoulder, “What are you talking about?”

“Oh I am sorry,” Harvey smirks, “you already know me, just call me Harvey, and this is my partner Detective Jane Austin. We both work for Department 7.”

Detective Austin nods, “Evening, you all just had a run in with a splinter group of Department 7, Project Omega. They won’t try and kill you anymore, you are under our jurisdiction now.”

“Splinter group is a misnomer, we work for the same boss,” Harvey muses.

“That remains to b seen Harvey, you don’t have proof of that,” the woman replies.

“Well that is besides the point,” he produces two needles, “first we need to take care of your injuries. You,” he points to James, “now this will sting only a little,” he smiles holding the slender needle in hand.

JimAde

First Post
"Right," Dexter says skeptically. He steps forward between James and Harvey. "I think a little explanation is in order first, don't you?" He holds a bony fist up in front of his face and continues, "I have several questions."

"First," he says crisply, his index finger shooting up, "What's a Department 7 and what is it a department of?"

"Second," another finger, "If this Project Omega works for the same people as you, and they like to shoot us, why would we let you poke needles into our buddy James?"

"Third."
The ring finger.
"Well, I don't have a third, but the first two ought to keep you busy for a bit," he finishes lamely.

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura rolls her eyes at Dexter's posturing, "Project Omega, whoever that may be, did not intend to be shooting at us, I would bet that they know nothing about us, they didn't expect us, they were there for Selene, we just happened to get in their way and prevent their plans." Sakura tells Dex.

"Look, I know a lot of people on the Force and in the DA's office, they wont hurt us when the cops know we were in their custody last, so don't be a baby. We are in their custody, so its not like we can just leave whether we want to or not." she points out.

"Just give me the damn needle and I'll stick you if you don't want to trust them James," she says holding out her hand palm upward, a moment later, the needle shoots onto her palm where it rocks shakily from side to side. Sakura begins shaking violently, shocked that it had actually come to her hand. "First that vision of Selene getting shot, and now this, what the heck is going on?" she asks the open air, not really expecting an answer. she hands Harvey the needle again rather shakily.

Festy_Dog

First Post
James gave Dexter a thumbs up when he gave the suppressor to him back in the car. He secreted it away back into his backpack.

Tokiwong said:
“Well that is besides the point,” he produces two needles, “first we need to take care of your injuries. You,” he points to James, “now this will sting only a little,” he smiles holding the slender needle in hand.

Its at that point in time that he remembered his aching ribs and rolled up his sleeve.

Eep, never liked needles. But meh, it's probably morphine anyway, and I wouldn't argue with some of that right now.

JimAde said:
"Second," another finger, "If this Project Omega works for the same people as you, and they like to shoot us, why would we let you poke needles into our buddy James?"

Once Dexter's done James places a hand on his shoulder.

"She'll be right," he says, highlighting the fact he's Australian, and starts towards Harvey.

Shalimar said:
"Just give me the damn needle and I'll stick you if you don't want to trust them James," she says holding out her hand palm upward, a moment later, the needle shoots onto her palm where it rocks shakily from side to side. Sakura begins shaking violently, shocked that it had actually come to her hand. "First that vision of Selene getting shot, and now this, what the heck is going on?" she asks the open air, not really expecting an answer.

James stops in his tracks, casting an appraising eye to Sakura.

"Heh, foresight and telekenesis now. You're a talented girl, Sakura," he says, and moves to receive the injection, "I take it that this kinda stuff's right up your alley, Harvey?"

... I remember when national security was my alley. Good days.

Last edited:

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

Dan tries to simultaneously grab James and yank him backwards from these total strangers and their needles full of who-knows-what, offer a steadying hand to suddenly-doing-incredibly-freaky-stuff Sakura (Why does that make her less intimidating? Never mind.), stand intimidatingly beside Dexter and glare at Detective Harvey, and remain protectively in front of Selene.

"Why were those goons after Selene? What's in those needles? Who the hell are you?"

He turns to Sakura.

"I don't know what you just did, but don't do it again, okay?"

OOC: Let us say an attempt to grab James (an attack roll, I guess, if he's going to get ornery about it) and the rest is just, you know, stuff. :D

Tokiwong

First Post
Harvey nods, “Alright, I understand you are a little reluctant to believe what we have to say all things considered. Jane give them the rundown on who we are.”

Jane nods, “As we said before we are Department 7, we work for private and governmental interests around the world. Project Omega on the other hand is a splinter group, which branched off from our organization about four years ago. You may wonder what our business is. Our business is to catalogue and monitor supernatural activity around the world.”

“Like your scion friend,” Harvey gestures to Sakura, “or Selene Brown. We monitor and try to protect innocent sentient beings with ties to any supernatural matter. Now you all may not believe me, but we have your best interest at heart in fact, I was hoping to recruit some of you into our team, we are sort of stretched thin, and could use some local support.”

Jane shakes her head, “He is getting ahead of himself, though. The reason why Selene was attacked because she is a scion, a being with natural control over internal mental energies, often called psychic energy. It’s a natural occurring phenomenon in sentient beings, one that we believe is not inherently a sign of the devil or otherworldly possession. However, our colleagues in Project Omega think otherwise, and tend to deal with these types of occurrence violently. Nevertheless, you should not have any trouble with them, once you come under our jurisdiction. They don’t mess with us, and we try not to mess with them, besides we have serious backing by the Inquisition and the Church.”

“This isn’t the Christian Church, the Church refers to our parent organization who work in tandem with the Inquisition. It’s a little more complicated then that, but that is all you really need to know at this time. As far as my needle fetish is concerned, the liquid inside is highly concentrated positive energy, it can heal your wounds right up. I promise you, it won’t hurt you, in fact this will heal you faster then any mundane doctor could,” Harvey finishes.

Selene finally speaks, “So Sakura and I are scions? Why does that make us dangerous, why do we need to be protected?”

Harvey grins, “Because people tend to destroy what they don’t understand.”

That does not give Selene comfort.

JimAde

First Post
Dexter looks around at his friends and Selene. "Ok," he says to Jane, "I'm willing to entertain some ideas I wouldn't have a week ago. I'd like some more details.

"As far as your happy-shots...I guess that's up to them," he says indicating James and Selene.

Festy_Dog

First Post
James is a bit startled by getting yanked back, but doesn't resist.

JimAde said:
"As far as your happy-shots...I guess that's up to them," he says indicating James and Selene.

"And it wasn't up to us before?" he says with a small chuckle, "If I do spontaneously combust or somethin' though, don't say 'I told you so'."

Once again James moves over to Harvey to receive an injection.

Tokiwong

First Post
JimAde said:
Dexter looks around at his friends and Selene. "Ok," he says to Jane, "I'm willing to entertain some ideas I wouldn't have a week ago. I'd like some more details.

Jane nods, "I unerstand there will be plenty of questions. I assure you we will try an answer your questions as best as we can. You must understand we try not to involved wired individuals in these affairs but it could be helped. You were already involved from the get-go, and looks like you are on the same side we are. By that virtue or the moment we can work together."

Selen glances to Dan, "I don't know this all seems pretty surreal..."

Harvey shrugs, "Its good for what ailes you..."

Jane just rolls her eyes.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James is a bit startled by getting yanked back, but doesn't resist.

"And it wasn't up to us before?" he says with a small chuckle, "If I do spontaneously combust or somethin' though, don't say 'I told you so'."

Once again James moves over to Harvey to receive an injection.
Harvey nods to James and inserts the needle into James' bare upper arm. There is a slight tingling, and then a rush of energy through his arm to his limbs, and his injuries. He can actually feel his body mending itself, and even watches as several bruises just dissapear...

The needle heals James for 10 hit points.

"Now that is prime positive energy for you," Harvey smiles, "How do you feel?"

Remove ads