Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Shalimar

First Post
"Dexter, I never said the Martins are involved in any of this. I was just pointing out that we need to inform Sandra of the proof that David was cheating, nothing more. My vision telling us to protect Selene was an incidental, we still have a duty to Sandra seeing as she is paying us to find out if David is cheating on her. That is all that I would like, to give our very nice client and her baby the information they need to get away from someone who is cheating on them." Sakura says calmly to Dexter wondering if all of this had shaken his brain loose.

"Dan, your gonna want to not try and tell me what to do, cause I would hate to have to ignore you. This is happening to me, not you, I'm some Scion thing, and I want to know about it damnit, leave if you want to, I'm not." she tells him angrily.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Dan looks back and forth between Sakura and the guy in the suit. And Selene.

Sakura's his partner.

He shakes his head.

"I'm not leaving you here. But I think getting home is the right idea."

One arm stays around Selene. He turns to her.

"If you need to go, I'll call you a cab. Sorry but I have to stay here."

JimAde

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Dexter, I never said the Martins are involved in any of this. I was just pointing out that we need to inform Sandra of the proof that David was cheating, nothing more. My vision telling us to protect Selene was an incidental, we still have a duty to Sandra seeing as she is paying us to find out if David is cheating on her. That is all that I would like, to give our very nice client and her baby the information they need to get away from someone who is cheating on them." Sakura says calmly to Dexter wondering if all of this had shaken his brain loose.
"Umm. Okay. You lost me for a minute. I'll write up a report for her as soon as I get a chance. No big deal. So are we staying then?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Gabriel listens to the detectives' bicker and frowns; “I think it would be best you handle your affairs with the mundane world before we continue. If this Sandra is in need of your help, then please assist her. Selene I don’t know what you are thinking, but I would like to reassure you, all of you, that we in no way will force you to do anything. Tonight is not a night for decisions, and it may have been a mistake on Harvey’s part to bring you here, but I personally think it is for the best.”

Harvey shrugs, “I just go with my gut.”

Jane sighs, “That is the problem.”

Selene nods to Gabriel and then turns to Dan, “This involves me too, I am very scared, but I feel safer with you guys then alone. I will stay, especially if you are trying to help David’s wife, I made a big mistake and if you need anything from me, you have it.”

Gabriel smiles, revealing a row of pearly white, needle like teeth, “Excellent. As much as I wish to continue this conversation we need to go, the gate should open for you, we will contact you in 72 hours, thank you for your help. I know many of you still have questions, but we can’t linger.”

Harvey nods and walks to the entrance, gesturing for the detectives to follow, “Well it looks like we can continue this party another night guys.”

“Oh,” Gabriel speaks to Sakura, “I do not know if your brother, your twin could be a scion, it is highly possible but we can’t verify without actually meeting him. I know you want to stay and learn, but we have told you more then enough for a single eve. I hope to see you in 72 hours though, all of you, if possible.”

Jane nods, and then glances to Harvey who waits at the entrance, holding the door open to the parking lot.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Anyone suggesting they leave gets a big nod of approval from Dan. He stares at Gabriel's mouth for a few seconds, then with no change of expression turns for the door.

"The Kovalson Express is leaving now. Right now. All aboard. Sakura, are you going to be okay on your bike? Maybe I should take the bike and you can ride in the car. If somebody can drive the Nova."

The thought of letting someone else drive his baby pains him, but Dan's very worried about everyone except the guy with the red skin and the needle teeth.

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura sighs dejectedly, she had really wanted to stay and learn more about what she was...what her powers might mean, what she might be capable of. The Detective wanted to learn as much as possible about all of it, and now Dan, who she wasn't sure about her feelings for, was trying to stop her from learning about herself. She allows herself to be sheperded out, but she stops at the door.

"Do you promise to contact me? I really do want to learn all about this, from all of you." she tells the Detectives, before going out to her bike. "Look, lets just all head back to the office, and we can talk all of this out and tell Sandra whats going on with David. The sooner we get the case solved the sooner we can get on to whats going on with me and Selene." she tells the other Detectives and the singer.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
As Dan puts the Nova in gear and lays a patch on his way out of the parking lot, he mutters, "The sooner we get away from GUYS WITH POINTY TEETH the sooner I can have those fifteen beers I need."

JimAde

First Post
Dexter looks back at the church through the dusty rear window of the Nova. He turns to the others in the car and says, "Well, this has been an interesting day, huh? I have a weird urge to write something down about it: 'Dear Diary, today I got into a gunfight and met a demon. Also bought socks.'" He laughs too loud and sharply and looks back out the window. More quietly he says, "I wonder if these guys have any idea what Myron's up to."

Tokiwong

First Post
barsoomcore said:
As Dan puts the Nova in gear and lays a patch on his way out of the parking lot, he mutters, "The sooner we get away from GUYS WITH POINTY TEETH the sooner I can have those fifteen beers I need."
Selene listens to Dan sitting behind him in the backseat she places hr hands over his shoulders and lightly holds him, “That guys was creeping me out too, was that a costume, and what did they mean that he was a wizard, like a magician like David Copperfield? I really didn’t get any of that, and then that stuff about the Nephilim… about being a scion, it scares me. I am just glad you all were there to save me tonight; I really owe you all my lives… thank you. I don’t even think that I deserve it.”

Meanwhile as Sakura leaves, she sees Gabriel visibly nod to her request, the door closes shut as she gets on hr bike to follow Dan back to the office. But the world seems all the world normal, as vehicles pass by on the PCH an the wispy clouds frame the crescent moon, as a light breeze filters of the city of Malibu. Bars are open, and people go about their business trying to enjoy another night, it all seems so vaguely ordinary.

The detectives arrive at the Office, and see no vehicles in the parking lot. The city sees to blur as the detectives walk to the doors, and it just seems like the world they know is slowly fading away. Or maybe it's because they can’t help but glance in the shadows, and wonder just what lurks beyond their grasp of understanding.

Inside it is cool, and the office is just as they left it, except the trash been taken out, and Alicia left a plate of cookies in plastic wrap on her desk with a note; ‘try the cookies guys, I made them myself!’

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"I don’t even think that I deserve it.”

James smiles kindly at Selene.

"Don't talk like that," he says, "Dan would be mighty unimpressed if we hadn't stepped in. I know he thinks you're worth it."

But why do you think you don't deserve it?... I have questions for you, Selene.

Tokiwong said:
Inside it is cool, and the office is just as they left it, except the trash been taken out, and Alicia left a plate of cookies in plastic wrap on her desk with a note; ‘try the cookies guys, I made them myself!’

"Ah! Cookies! Nothing tops off a night of violence and strange discoveries like home-made cookies," James hastily removes the plastic wrap and offers them around.

During this time he pays attention to Selene, gauging her body language, and trying to get an idea of how she feels right now (ooc: empathy, in case I make a check at some point which it would help). He puts the plate down after everyone has had an opportunity to have one, then reaches into his pocket to take out the photocopy of the strange writing.

"Selene. One thing still bugs me about what's happened. You remember the piece of paper you wrote your phone number on for David? The writing on the back. Now, I'm sorry if this is about to feel like an interrogation, but these questions need answers for me to feel comfortable.

"Where did you learn this language, or rather, who's teaching you? And who's Mammon? Why serve him? Finally, if it isn't your writing, then whose is it?"
James sounds deadly serious all of a sudden, "Is this why you think you didn't deserve to be saved?"

He makes an effort not to be scary, but it's easy to see he's suspicious of her. Everyone is getting an example of how he used to work in his previous occupation. He's watching her body language carefully, and listens to how she speaks. This time though not to understand her, but to compare it with the body language she displayed before, and to gauge how truthful she is with it.

[ooc: adding an action dice to sense motive checks, if any.]

Last edited:

Remove ads