Kingdom of Ashes IC discussion (What if we held a war and *everybody* came?)

The_Universe

First Post
After a nice relaxing night of hunting, L'Aurel awakes to lots of muddled thoughts and concerns. The group has all agreed to meet in a few short minutes to break their fast together. She hurriedly dresses, in the newly polished elven chain and washed cloak. Not wanting to have to return to the hall each time she needs her bow she carries it with her.

She quickly goes to the door and walks to the agreed upon room. Justice and Archon are already there, “We have agreed and are prepared.” I look for confirmation and see Arhconus nod. Good… Good, and so smiling turn to see who is now entering the room. Xath slowly comes through the door, and goes first to give Justice a hug and greeting. Kaereth lumbers in with Arfin grumbling about the early morning and better things to be doing. Frarathier is the last to arrive, his omnipresent silent scowl greeting them. It’s not a friendly look, but then, little about Frarathir is friendly. At the very least, it is comfortingly familiar.

The food is good, but plain. No more or less than what the people encamped outside the walls of Hyrwl are getting, this food is at least served on fancier plates.

L’Aurel watches and listens as the group of friends make small talk, sharing tiny bits of the flurry of activity that has happened over the past 48 hours, interrupted only by the silence that accompanies shoving a bit of bread into one’s mouth. Glad to see things starting off so well, L’aurel waits until the plates and food are taken away- thanking the servant by name.

L'Aurel rises, "I thank you all for the wonderful meal, and for what you have already done for these people. I asked you here for more then to just eat a meal, though the jokes and time have been nice. I first want to share something with you, and only you... something I did not mention before. I think you all have seen this (taking off pendant and holding it up). It is all I have of my mother, and what will identify me to the Woodshadow's people.

I know only one other being that has this same necklace, Link's daughter. She must also now be assumed an enemy, though I know not for which side. I tell you this now, so you know now my whole story and all that I have. If something happens to me take the pendant, though it holds nothing but sentimental value I would not see if end in the hands of the enemy even as a trinket. This pendant is a symbol of the Woodshadow. The people he trained in secret, carry this mark as a tattoo in places I have already told you. In light of this, and I hope you all will support me, I am going to commission a banner made that carries this symbol."

Look to Justice to talk about the Phoenix banner and enchantment (See post #215)...

once things die down again....

Pulling a parchment from the side table, where she laid it at the beginning of the meal, "I also would ask all of you to look at what Duke Greyclaw, Arin Inelliron, and I have prepared for the King. News is even now spreading of Oceanus and of me... Hopefully this will ensure the King that Hyrwl still is in the hands of the kingdom, but it will give him more then just a prick in his side." Unrolling the parchment she slides it to the middle of the table...

"To His Majesty, King Tain I, 23rd King of the Falcon Kingdom,

I write you with the deepest sadness weighing down my heart. You proxy,

Baron Edriss Kiva, Lord Hyrwl, was slain a few short days ago by traitors to

The crown. Though swift justice was dealt to those who wronged the rightful Ruler of the Barony, here, Baron Kiva did not live through the night.

But all was not lost, for true blood of the Woodshadow has been found! A

granddaughter, long hidden from us, emerged from the shadows to guide the barony through this time of mourning for their Lord. Even now she takes her rightful seat, and has promised to serve the throne until the last strength has left her hands. Hyrwl finally has its rightful Baroness! L'Aurel

Woodshadow has come!

Business of the throne demands that Lady Hyrwl places herself in grave danger. She has pledged to see Oceanus free, with Duke Greyclaw back upon his throne within a year’s time. Yet, she understands your need to battle the Bluestar on faraway shores. She has contacted an army that shall help her free her people—the Army of the Phoenix. They have come to her aid!

I am to assure you that Hyrwl, and the surrounding barony, will use all of its resources in the best interests of the Throne. Lastly, I am to tell you two words, spoken from my Lady's own lips: 'We Know.'

Rule in truth,

--Arin Inelliron (Greyclaw), Regent of the Barony of Hyrwl."

Wait for end of the discussion....

“Here are also letters to the rulers surrounding us, and to the high alder calling them to our side,” Looking to Xath to present.

L'Aurel looks to Frarathier, "We also spoke to Father Dorn. I kept going over what happened with Xath in the temple, and something he said finally clicked. I am only sorry it took me so long to remember, but he spoke of gaining some of his 'powers' on the Isle of Mourning. I went yesterday to make sure he was okay and to ask of this." Chuckling, "We all know how that can go, but Frarathier came in and mentioned Nightgrove’s name. Father Dorn it seems shares your hatred of the King’s Huntsman. There is much he is bound not to say, but he could tell us that the Isle of Morning is Mordred's Isle. This makes two blades here, one in Oceanus and one on the Isle of Mourning with my ancestors tomb." Looking to Frarathier to see if wants to add anything, "The book they were looking for in the monastery.. it seems Frarathier liberated it. he has also been studying it, and well... he has reason to believe that not all the blades are well, blades. The one of the isle of mourning he thinks is actually a bow."

Returns to look at Frarathier and see if he will speak...

"Frarathier has also done such a good job of training some men, that I think that he should be made head of the militia, if his oath to the Talon permits. Arfin will help to teach hand-to-hand combat, but we will have other needs of him, as well. I will help out as I can, and I ask all of you the same. These people need to be able to defend themselves and could use all of our talents to do so. Our loyalties have been disparate of late, but now must come difficult choices. Are our loyalties to each other? I, for one, will stand with you all, as an ally."

This is a good place for the Oath of Alliance, and any individual oaths you want to make. Jeramiah’s words put forth by someone else maybe, “we begin our campaign with a guerrilla effort. We train several squads of quick, stealthy troops (I'm thinking teams of 10-12) to go in, do a quick strike, and come out again. We'll need several, independently operating groups that will also need to be very careful about coming back to Hyrwl, as leading the bad guys to us before we're ready would be bad (although hopefully we'll have some defenses up by then so that we have a shot if the worst happens). One of the first goals might be to rescue those squatters in the barracks as they are on the edge of the town. This also gives us some flexibility in that, if we lead the first few skirmishes and train up teams that can operate without us...

Archon: Stealth, archery, close-combat- teach sneakery and unarmed fighting
Arfin: Close-combat, tank. Some ranged.- teach melee weapons
Fareathir: Archery, Cavalry, close-combat- teach archery, riding
Justice: Close combat, aerial cavalry, some ranged- teach melee weapons
Kaereth: Close-combat- teach unarmed fighting
Laurel: Stealth, archery, Yoshi –teach sneakery, archery
Xath: Deception, misdirection, some archery, some close-combat- teaches the arts of deception, misdirection and such skills.

With this framework in mind, we could, in fact, open up a Warrior Academy of sorts, to bring in outsiders who want weapons training. And their payments can serve to fill the coffers of the refugees, as we've discussed the 17000 is probably not going to be enough to keep this place going for very long. Thus, we train and raise an army to take back Oceanus AND with new students' donations, we help the refugees settle successfully in Hyrwl and vicinity.” Discuss...

"Xath has also expressed a concern over the daily routine of getting a city built, keeping the people happy, and well defended." L’aurel looks and motions to Xath, “One Separation of useful specialties: Masons, Loggers, Carpenters, Food Preparation, etc. Those with skills not inherently useful to this situation (IE, sailors, dockworkers) should be put to manual labor or should be apprenticed to the useful skills.
2. Set up of a crèche.
Those without a trade will work in shifts at the Creche, while others work on setting up the new city. Those children old enough can be used as messengers and put in charge of menial tasks. Only during post breakfast and pre-dinner hours.

In most situations such as this, the economy is reduced to a barter system and takes quite a while to recover. In order to prevent this, the duke and baroness should use the funds allotted (17,100 gp or some part thereof) to keep the economy stimulated. Firstly, all laborers should be paid a standard wage for work done, as though the entire populace were working for the government. Therefore, technically the Barony and the Duke “own” every resource produced until the trade market is stable enough to hand it back to the people.

If a permanent settlement is to be made here, we must know more about the resources of the area. Send out cartographers and scouts to determine sources for food, water, resources, etc. We also need to determine key danger areas, locate them and prepare appropriate defenses. These can also be done through the scouting parties Kareth (or whoever is speaking for Jeramiah) has spoken of.

A defensive barrier should be set up about the circumference of the expanded city, leaving some room for growth. It would be wise to use a combination of manual defenses and magic. Hopefully the remains of the mage tower will help as they are defending themselves through this. Around the wall, trees should be cleared out about 100 yards away from the wall, eliminating the chance of surprise on the city. If the army of Oceanus decides to move, the city should not be undefended. Afrin would you send word to our (not sure here what Xath would put!!) your dwarven brothers for help?

If we are missing skilled artisans from any crucial profession, word should be sent out to neighboring cities asking for aid.

... discussion...

"I know there is much on each of our plates now, but I would ask one to carry even more. What I ask may come as a surprise, but through all our experiences and choices it seems now is the time to decide who will lead us. Someone must be the public face of the Army of the Phoenix. We must have someone to listen to all our ideas, but then take them and make the last decision for us if there is a question. Someone to know the groups feelings individually, but focus us as one. If we are to be arrows, than we must also have a bow.”

Look to Archonus - to start the cheers for Justice…cheers and jollyment and any last discussion…

Once things die down again L'Aurel will simply slightly smile and nod to Justice, and then Archonus, "Now, for the future. Though we have set leaders among ourselves, each of us must lead people of our own. Arfin will be our eyes and ears among the deep, dwarven citadels. Frarathir will be our greatest general, should he wish it. Even Kaereth will have lives to lead into the great battle ahead. Xath is the glue that will hold the people together, here. But she will also be our spy. I? I will be our legitimacy, at least until Jaine Rhynn can be brought here. I am our shield against the false laws of the King, and I will do all that I can to keep our flight true.”

Discuss….

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
guess we are seeing how this works... have fun...
Yeah--You put a lot of hard work into this, and it's still held up with Gertie (who, to be fair, has been very busy). We need to get this, which is supposed to happen Day 1, done before the end of week 6. :)

Archon

First Post
Breakfast club (contd)

Archon is not dressed in his usually drab, concealing clothes. today for the breakfast he wears a simple his elven boots, a sleeveless brown tunic, and short, well broken-in pants. he wears nothing else save his cord necklace. his mark is concealed by his recently aquired Ring of the Chameleon.
After a nice relaxing night of hunting, L'Aurel awakes to lots of muddled thoughts and concerns. The group has all agreed to meet in a few short minutes to break their fast together. She hurriedly dresses, in the newly polished elven chain and washed cloak. Not wanting to have to return to the hall each time she needs her bow she carries it with her.

She quickly goes to the door and walks to the agreed upon room. Justice and Archon are already there, “We have agreed and are prepared.” I look for confirmation and see Arhconus nod. Good… Good, and so smiling turn to see who is now entering the room. Xath slowly comes through the door, and goes first to give Justice a hug and greeting. Kaereth lumbers in with Arfin grumbling about the early morning and better things to be doing. Frarathier is the last to arrive, his omnipresent silent scowl greeting them. It’s not a friendly look, but then, little about Frarathir is friendly. At the very least, it is comfortingly familiar.

The food is good, but plain. No more or less than what the people encamped outside the walls of Hyrwl are getting, this food is at least served on fancier plates.

L’Aurel watches and listens as the group of friends make small talk, sharing tiny bits of the flurry of activity that has happened over the past 48 hours, interrupted only by the silence that accompanies shoving a bit of bread into one’s mouth. Glad to see things starting off so well, L’aurel waits until the plates and food are taken away- thanking the servant by name.

L'Aurel rises, "I thank you all for the wonderful meal, and for what you have already done for these people. I asked you here for more then to just eat a meal, though the jokes and time have been nice. I first want to share something with you, and only you... something I did not mention before. I think you all have seen this (taking off pendant and holding it up). It is all I have of my mother, and what will identify me to the Woodshadow's people.

I know only one other being that has this same necklace, Link's daughter. She must also now be assumed an enemy, though I know not for which side. I tell you this now, so you know now my whole story and all that I have. If something happens to me take the pendant, though it holds nothing but sentimental value I would not see if end in the hands of the enemy even as a trinket. This pendant is a symbol of the Woodshadow. The people he trained in secret, carry this mark as a tattoo in places I have already told you. In light of this, and I hope you all will support me, I am going to commission a banner made that carries this symbol."

Look to Justice to talk about the Phoenix banner and enchantment (See post #215)...

once things die down again....

Pulling a parchment from the side table, where she laid it at the beginning of the meal, "I also would ask all of you to look at what Duke Greyclaw, Arin Inelliron, and I have prepared for the King. News is even now spreading of Oceanus and of me... Hopefully this will ensure the King that Hyrwl still is in the hands of the kingdom, but it will give him more then just a prick in his side." Unrolling the parchment she slides it to the middle of the table...

The crown. Though swift justice was dealt to those who wronged the rightful Ruler of the Barony, here, Baron Kiva did not live through the night.

granddaughter, long hidden from us, emerged from the shadows to guide the barony through this time of mourning for their Lord. Even now she takes her rightful seat, and has promised to serve the throne until the last strength has left her hands. Hyrwl finally has its rightful Baroness! L'Aurel

Woodshadow has come!

Business of the throne demands that Lady Hyrwl places herself in grave danger. She has pledged to see Oceanus free, with Duke Greyclaw back upon his throne within a year’s time. Yet, she understands your need to battle the Bluestar on faraway shores. She has contacted an army that shall help her free her people—the Army of the Phoenix. They have come to her aid!

I am to assure you that Hyrwl, and the surrounding barony, will use all of its resources in the best interests of the Throne. Lastly, I am to tell you two words, spoken from my Lady's own lips: 'We Know.'

Rule in truth,

“Here are also letters to the rulers surrounding us, and to the high alder calling them to our side,” Looking to Xath to present.

L'Aurel looks to Frarathier, "We also spoke to Father Dorn. I kept going over what happened with Xath in the temple, and something he said finally clicked. I am only sorry it took me so long to remember, but he spoke of gaining some of his 'powers' on the Isle of Mourning. I went yesterday to make sure he was okay and to ask of this." Chuckling, "We all know how that can go, but Frarathier came in and mentioned Nightgrove’s name. Father Dorn it seems shares your hatred of the King’s Huntsman. There is much he is bound not to say, but he could tell us that the Isle of Morning is Mordred's Isle. This makes two blades here, one in Oceanus and one on the Isle of Mourning with my ancestors tomb." Looking to Frarathier to see if wants to add anything, "The book they were looking for in the monastery.. it seems Frarathier liberated it. he has also been studying it, and well... he has reason to believe that not all the blades are well, blades. The one of the isle of mourning he thinks is actually a bow."

"Frarathier has also done such a good job of training some men, that I think that he should be made head of the militia, if his oath to the Talon permits. Arfin will help to teach hand-to-hand combat, but we will have other needs of him, as well. I will help out as I can, and I ask all of you the same. These people need to be able to defend themselves and could use all of our talents to do so. Our loyalties have been disparate of late, but now must come difficult choices. Are our loyalties to each other? I, for one, will stand with you all, as an ally."

This is a good place for the Oath of Alliance, and any individual oaths you want to make. Jeramiah’s words put forth by someone else maybe, “we begin our campaign with a guerrilla effort. We train several squads of quick, stealthy troops (I'm thinking teams of 10-12) to go in, do a quick strike, and come out again. We'll need several, independently operating groups that will also need to be very careful about coming back to Hyrwl, as leading the bad guys to us before we're ready would be bad (although hopefully we'll have some defenses up by then so that we have a shot if the worst happens). One of the first goals might be to rescue those squatters in the barracks as they are on the edge of the town. This also gives us some flexibility in that, if we lead the first few skirmishes and train up teams that can operate without us...

Xath: Deception, misdirection, some archery, some close-combat- teaches the arts of deception, misdirection and such skills.

With this framework in mind, we could, in fact, open up a Warrior Academy of sorts, to bring in outsiders who want weapons training. And their payments can serve to fill the coffers of the refugees, as we've discussed the 17000 is probably not going to be enough to keep this place going for very long. Thus, we train and raise an army to take back Oceanus AND with new students' donations, we help the refugees settle successfully in Hyrwl and vicinity.” Discuss...

"Xath has also expressed a concern over the daily routine of getting a city built, keeping the people happy, and well defended." L’aurel looks and motions to Xath, “One Separation of useful specialties: Masons, Loggers, Carpenters, Food Preparation, etc. Those with skills not inherently useful to this situation (IE, sailors, dockworkers) should be put to manual labor or should be apprenticed to the useful skills.
2. Set up of a crèche. Those without a trade will work in shifts at the Creche, while others work on setting up the new city. Those children old enough can be used as messengers and put in charge of menial tasks. Only during post breakfast and pre-dinner hours.

In most situations such as this, the economy is reduced to a barter system and takes quite a while to recover. In order to prevent this, the duke and baroness should use the funds allotted (17,100 gp or some part thereof) to keep the economy stimulated. Firstly, all laborers should be paid a standard wage for work done, as though the entire populace were working for the government. Therefore, technically the Barony and the Duke “own” every resource produced until the trade market is stable enough to hand it back to the people.

If a permanent settlement is to be made here, we must know more about the resources of the area. Send out cartographers and scouts to determine sources for food, water, resources, etc. We also need to determine key danger areas, locate them and prepare appropriate defenses. These can also be done through the scouting parties Kareth (or whoever is speaking for Jeramiah) has spoken of.

A defensive barrier should be set up about the circumference of the expanded city, leaving some room for growth. It would be wise to use a combination of manual defenses and magic. Hopefully the remains of the mage tower will help as they are defending themselves through this. Around the wall, trees should be cleared out about 100 yards away from the wall, eliminating the chance of surprise on the city. If the army of Oceanus decides to move, the city should not be undefended. Afrin would you send word to our (not sure here what Xath would put!!) your dwarven brothers for help?

If we are missing skilled artisans from any crucial profession, word should be sent out to neighboring cities asking for aid.

... discussion...

"I know there is much on each of our plates now, but I would ask one to carry even more. What I ask may come as a surprise, but through all our experiences and choices it seems now is the time to decide who will lead us. Someone must be the public face of the Army of the Phoenix. We must have someone to listen to all our ideas, but then take them and make the last decision for us if there is a question. Someone to know the groups feelings individually, but focus us as one. If we are to be arrows, than we must also have a bow.”

Look to Archonus - to start the cheers for Justice…cheers and jollyment and any last discussion…

Archon, who has been rather quiet yet cheerful this morning rises to address the group. "i choose to stand by Lady Fairweather's side. i believe she is the most capable and most willing to lead us in the dark days ahead. i will do what i can to help her should her strength ever fail." then to Justice. "Where you lead i will follow."

Once things die down again L'Aurel will simply slightly smile and nod to Justice, and then Archonus, "Now, for the future. Though we have set leaders among ourselves, each of us must lead people of our own. Arfin will be our eyes and ears among the deep, dwarven citadels. Frarathir will be our greatest general, should he wish it. Even Kaereth will have lives to lead into the great battle ahead. Xath is the glue that will hold the people together, here. But she will also be our spy. I? I will be our legitimacy, at least until Jaine Rhynn can be brought here. I am our shield against the false laws of the King, and I will do all that I can to keep our flight true.”

Laurel

First Post
Breakfast Club

Capitalized Archonus' stuff, and put it into the story line-Tell me if I over stepped?! Also, put into green the ? stuff to be changed by PC's. The order for how people can in to the room was by order of responces of yes I will go to breakfast, so if we could keep it that way. But as Mik did, change the other parts as your character would!
Thank you all again!!!!
The next post by me is a more updated version...

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Somewhat ironically, we made it easier for everyone to access this...and then no one accessed it. Dangit!

I guess we'll take care of this on saturday!

Laurel

First Post
sorry can't so the written accent...

She quickly goes to the door and walks to the agreed upon room. Justice and Archon are already there. Archon is not dressed in his usually drab, concealing clothes. Today for the breakfast he wears a simple his elven boots, a sleeveless brown tunic, and short, well broken-in pants. He wears nothing else save his cord necklace. His mark is concealed by his recently aquired Ring of the Chameleon.We have agreed and are prepared.”(Kat had Justice saying this, but obviously change it to what you want) I look for confirmation and see Arhconus nod. Good… Good, and so smiling turn to see who is now entering the room. Xath slowly comes through the door, and goes first to give Justice a hug and greeting. Kaereth lumbers in. Directly behind Kareth is a little round dwarf. "Hello! Good Arfin," greets L'aurel. The only response she gets is a grumbling, "Tis to early fer anythin' go'." Afrin in a simple outfit made for the practicing field, walks directly to the closest chair and climbs in. Frarathier is the last to arrive, his omnipresent silent scowl greeting them. It’s not a friendly look, but then, little about Frarathir is friendly. At the very least, it is comfortingly familiar.

Look to Justice to talk about the Phoenix banner and enchantment (See post Discussion of Ashes #215)... once things die down again....

granddaughter, long hidden from us, emerged from the shadows to guide the barony through this time of mourning for their Lord. Even now she takes her rightful seat, and has promised to serve the throne until the last strength has left her hands. Hyrwl finally has its rightful Baroness! L'Aurel Woodshadow has come!

Rule in truth,

L'Aurel looks to Frarathier, "We also spoke to Father Dorn. I kept going over what happened with Xath in the temple, and something he said finally clicked. I am only sorry it took me so long to remember, but he spoke of gaining some of his 'powers' on the Isle of Mourning. I went yesterday to make sure he was okay and to ask of this." Chuckling, "We all know how that can go, but Frarathier came in and mentioned Nightgrove’s name. Father Dorn it seems shares your hatred of the King’s Huntsman. There is much he is bound not to say, but he could tell us that the Isle of Morning is Mordred's Isle. This makes two blades here, one in Oceanus and one on the Isle of Mourning with my ancestors tomb." Looking to Frarathier to see if wants to add anything, "The book the King's men were looking for in the monastery.. it seems Frarathier liberated it. he has also been studying it, and well... he has reason to believe that not all the blades are well, blades. The one of the isle of mourning he thinks is actually a bow."

This is a good place for the Oath of Alliance, and any individual oaths you want to make.
Jeramiah’s thought put forth by someone else maybe, “we begin our campaign with a guerrilla effort. We train several squads of quick, stealthy troops (I'm thinking teams of 10-12) to go in, do a quick strike, and come out again. We'll need several, independently operating groups that will also need to be very careful about coming back to Hyrwl, as leading the bad guys to us before we're ready would be bad (although hopefully we'll have some defenses up by then so that we have a shot if the worst happens). One of the first goals might be to rescue those squatters in the barracks as they are on the edge of the town. This also gives us some flexibility in that, if we lead the first few skirmishes and train up teams that can operate without us...

With this framework in mind, we could, in fact, open up a Warrior Academy of sorts, to bring in outsiders who want weapons training. And their payments can serve to fill the coffers of the refugees, as we've discussed the 17000 is probably not going to be enough to keep this place going for very long. Thus, we train and raise an army to take back Oceanus AND with new students' donations, we help the refugees settle successfully in Hyrwl and vicinity.”

Discuss...

"Xath has also expressed a concern over the daily routine of getting a city built, keeping the people happy, and well defended." L’aurel looks and motions to Xath,
“One Separation of useful specialties: Masons, Loggers, Carpenters, Food Preparation, etc. Those with skills not inherently useful to this situation (IE, sailors, dockworkers) should be put to manual labor or should be apprenticed to the useful skills.
2. Set up of a crèche. Those without a trade will work in shifts at the Creche, while others work on setting up the new city. Those children old enough can be used as messengers and put in charge of menial tasks. Only during post breakfast and pre-dinner hours.

... discussion...

Glad to see this has already gone so well, L'aurel pushes on for the last topic, "I know there is much on each of our plates now, but I would ask one to carry even more. What I ask may come as a surprise, but through all our experiences and choices it seems now is the time to decide who will lead us. Someone must be the public face of the Army of the Phoenix. We must have someone to listen to all our ideas, but then take them and make the last decision for us if there is a question. Someone to know the groups feelings individually, but focus us as one. If we are to be arrows, than we must also have a bow.”

Archon, who has been rather quiet yet cheerful this morning rises to address the group. "I choose to stand by Lady Fairweather's side. I believe she is the most capable and most willing to lead us in the dark days ahead. I will do what I can to help her should her strength ever fail." Then to Justice. "Where you lead I will follow."

Once things die down again, from her seated postition, L'Aurel will simply slightly smile and nod to Justice, and then Archonus, "Now, for the future. Though we have set leaders among ourselves, each of us must lead people of our own. Arfin will be our eyes and ears among the deep, dwarven citadels. Frarathir will be our greatest general, should he wish it. Even Kaereth will have lives to lead into the great battle ahead. Xath is the glue that will hold the people together, here. But she will also be our spy. I? I will be our legitimacy, at least until Jaine Rhynn can be brought here. I am our shield against the false laws of the King, and I will do all that I can to keep our flight true."

Xath

Moder-gator
"I believe that we should fight our battles here and now. We will not get a chance to surprise them again. Fighting our battle here means that fewer of the innocents of New Oceanus will be killed. I acknowledge that we will not be able to destroy or even decimate their army with such raids. But every draconid killed. every undead redeadified, and every elf freed is one less member of their army to harm our people, the people we have sworn to protect. Yes the battle will come to Hyrule. But every day we stay, every day we delay those evil bastards, is one more day the people of Hyrule have to prepare for an attack.

(looking to Archon) I know that you would like to move these people away from this place. But the truth is, nowhere is safe. Where would you have us take them. Sylvanus? Where we postulate that 3 of the spirit blades are? That will not keep them safe. Anywhere we take them on this island, nay, on the ringed continent, will not keep them safe. It will only endanger the ones with whom we seek sanctuary.

We are in a desperate situation, so we must respond with desperate tactics. I would see no innocent people harmed, but we must face the facts. We cannot save everyone. Some innocent people are going to die. My goal is to see that that number is as small as possible. And frankly, right now I only see two ways of doing that. We can stay here, and we can make sure it takes a damn long time for this army to get out of Oceanus and continue across Prydein. Or there is one other option. But it is based on a tenative theory backed only by prophesy, which as we all know, can be cryptic.

We know that the king has sent most of his forces north, to battle the Bluestar. We know not their fate. But it worries me that there are 3 spiritblades to be reclaimed in those regions, and one of those worries me most. What if Moonblade keeps the Bluestar trapped in the frozen north. What if it is the power of Quarion's Wall? Should the forces of the west retrieve that blade, then we will surely not be able to stem the tide that will rush forth. Lest we forget, "North and West the Damned assemble, t’bring Doom to chosen kingdoms." What will we do if the hoards of the north are freed? And what shall we do if the Mansblade is brought under control of the west?

Thus, my second plan would be to attempt to prevent the retrieval of the Moonblade, though I know not how we would do it, if we even could. Such a plan would mean leaving the people of New Oceanus, leaving the people of Prydein, to the army that we know is here. And I would not do that based on theory alone. So that leaves me with only one option.

I will stay here and fight. I will fight, knowing that every day I do, every one of those bastards I kill, I am protecting the people of New Oceanus to the best of my abilities. I will not see Hyrule attacked while I can do something about it, here, and now! We have a chance here, an opportunity, one we're not likely to get again. I say we seize it, we seize it for all it's worth, and if we die in the process, at least we can say it was a damned good fight we faught.

I will not see history repeat itself."

Laurel

First Post
The remains of the night after operation 'freedom'

"These Armies wish to conquer the entire known world. Hywrl and its people are but a little nuisance they wish to crush on the way to larger goals. If we must send the people of Hywrl somewhere then I plead for it to be on this island. If we can get another city to open thier gates for sure, then we should send them there. I will not have this army possibly move on the morrow and the people faw away from us, just waiting for the slaughter.
I press staying on this island since the enemy controls the seas and air, and I will not send the refugees to an unknown city in unknown circumstances. There is a possible war being waged in the North with out two greatest foes. If the wall is destroyed as Xath has mentioned then we have just placed these people closer to the tidal wave. The heavens told Xath this land would be covered in red from the North and Western amries.
We know the enemy has the means here and now to sweep this island, yet they have not.
Sylvanis is a place we can send them, but I fear for the innocents. In Hywrl, they have some protection and they have us close enough.
Archonus, you and Xath know Silvanis as I do not. Can it be fortified easily? Is it already fortified? Can we get them all there with a true fighting chance for the future? I ask these honestly for if there is a better place for them I would speed them on that path now...
Xath, has it correct in that we still have surprise on our side now. They are also not focused on us yet. We can do greater damage here and now. We may not kill them all, but each one I kill here is one less that can harm my people or my family later!"

Last edited:

Remove ads