Kingdom of Ashes IC discussion (What if we held a war and *everybody* came?)

AIM-54

First Post
Kaereth waits for a pause in the conversation, and then:

"I agree with Xath. Here we fight. If try move people, we make good target, easy kill for dracnids. Hard to defend loose line of people. Easier to defend wall city. We in city, make harder for army to leave city. We smash good. Here much to smash. No know if other places as good smash. Move people, they get smashed. Tight fist stronger than fingers apart."

Xath

Moder-gator
Kaereth is right. Where would you have us send them on the island? What cities here are better prepared for attack than we are? Would you have us compromise the defenses and resources of another city on the off chance that the army here will not go after them as well?

Laurel

First Post
no move people but trying to look at all options fully

"No place is far enough away.
As for the cities around us, I and the Duke tried weeks ago to have them admit these people, and all refused. Even with thier fortified walls, ships, and remaining soldiers, they said they could not and would not take any refugees in. That is why I am pleading for us not to move them at all."

Justice nods in agreement with everything that each of you say. She scans the faces of her friends, looking in the eyes of each... she stops at Archonus. A look of urging crosses her face... and she speaks:
"I can agree with everything you say about the movement of the peoples... however, I do think it is worth listening to Archonus plan. He is a wise man with knowledge and experience beyond most of us.

But, for now, we focus on the city of Oceanus. There is no way that we can expect to move them immediately but do not discount the possibility without hearing Archonus plan in full."

With that, she glares at Archon once more, fully expecting to hear more than a couple sentences.

Laurel

First Post
Seeing that Archonus is not responding, L'aurel steps forward, "For now we can first hit the barracks. It has been mentioned as a target since the city first fell. Our allies," Looking to the leader of SoP, "can scout for a possible HQ2. We may have need of another spot within the city for operations. While at this task perhaps they can also check Syvatagor's activities and other key areas." Looking around the group, "Xath has it correct. We have succeeded in gaining their attention, but now we must keep the momentum while they are off kilter." Looking in Archonus' direction, "We have many assets here in this room. As we have found out, it is better to get all ideas on the table before we commit to one action." Looking around the group to see what the group is thinking....

Laurel

First Post
During the search of Syvattagor's corpse

Once the resounding thud of Syvattagor hitting the ground has cleared from her ears, L'Aurel comments to no one in particular, "It must be the true the bigger they are the harder and louder the fall."
L'aurel then looks between Justice and Arhconus, "We were cut off before, but can you tell us exactly what the deal with these orcs states?"

Last edited:

Remove ads