KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Trailer (2024)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
What do you mean by full circle.

I think I saw the first two of the New ones, nothing after that.
the gorillas hunting of humans in the long grass was in the Charlton Heston movie - if the woman who comes into focus is named Nova then they have definitely closed the circle.

Even the Ape Kings palace looks reminiscent of the archeological site in the forbidden zone from the end of the first movie (where Zaius reveals the 'truth' of talking human doll).

Kaodi

Hero
Hopefully this will be the last one then. The "closing the circle" aspect is the only aspect I am really interested in at this point.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I'm not seeing any direct connections with the most recent films. I suspect it's better to see it as the beginning of a new (Disney) series of films than as a fourth in the reboot series. The visual tempo of the trailer feels very different from what we've seen.

I'm not seeing any direct connections with the most recent films. I suspect it's better to see it as the beginning of a new (Disney) series of films than as a fourth in the reboot series. The visual tempo of the trailer feels very different from what we've seen.

Ryujin

Legend
So they're Star Warsing it with a second trilogy, though not a prequel trilogy. Unless, that is, they follow the original storyline from the 1968-1973 series, which could have ended where they began or begun where they ended. I saw those in drive-in theatres with my parents, when I was a kid.

Remove ads