Knightfall's "CC2 Cartography" Thread (Retired: Apr 16/05)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Avion Region (Old Version)

The western part of the Lake Nest region is dominated by the Monarchy of Avion and the city-state of Gillian, known as the City of Sailors.

{EDIT}

Note: I'm current working on a new expanded version of this map similar to the revised Wild Plains (West) map posted on page 3. Once it's done I'll post it and make note of it here. - KF72

Attachments

• avionregion.jpg
    avionregion.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

Eosin the Red

First Post
This will sound wierd but nice tree placement, it is often hard to get natual looking forests.

A few notes: The maps are not uniform? Sometimes the text styles or colors change and other times it is the color of the water but it does not appear to be one coherent work. Should be an easy fix.

Pretty nice stuff.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Onan Region/Wild Plains (Old Version)

The Onan Region. I've done a brand new map of this region as was never really happy with this one. The new one has been posted on page 3.

Attachments

• onaway-region.jpg
    onaway-region.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Eosin the Red said:
This will sound wierd but nice tree placement, it is often hard to get natual looking forests.

A few notes: The maps are not uniform? Sometimes the text styles or colors change and other times it is the color of the water but it does not appear to be one coherent work. Should be an easy fix.

Pretty nice stuff.

Nice tree placement is indeed hard. I can't tell you how many times I've had to start from scratch and redo entire forests because I went overboard. Less dense is my rule of thumb most of the time.

Yes, I realize the text isn't uniform across the board and I've been trying to fix it for a while. However, some text is supposed to be different depending on the region. As for the water color, I always use dark blue for lakes and rivers and light blue for sea. It's just my way. I'll probably change it at some later date.

{EDIT}

BTW, text that is black means that the location falls under the influence of the main political body on the map. Text that is gray means that the location is part of a bordering nation or region. Text that is red is for special locations such as ruins and/or locations that are independant.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lake Qualitian Region/Minar (Old Version)

Duchy of Minar.

There is now a new version of this map on page 3.

Attachments

• minar.jpg
    minar.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Guardian Bay region (old version)

This region is just southeast of the Lake Nest region and is dominated by the Kingdom of Izmer (yes, like the D&D movie), the city-state of Shaule and the Elven City of Verdalf.

Attachments

• guardianbay-izmer.jpg
    guardianbay-izmer.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Raln and the Qualitian Belt

Raln is one of the few human city-states in the Eastern Shores that is still independant. This region, know as the Qualitian Belt sits on the border between Thallin and Minar. Both kingdoms would like to annex the verdant lands of the Blet but the Lake Nest Treaty specifically forbids this.

Attachments

• raln.jpg
    raln.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 500

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Kingdom of Ahamudia (Old Version)

A new version of this has just been posted. - KF72

Attachments

• ahamudia.jpg
    ahamudia.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 501