• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightfall's "CC2 Cartography" Thread (Retired: Apr 16/05)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Cabaret - repost (fixed map scale)

Had to redo both Minar City and Cabaret so that each map's scale was closer to what it should be. Minar is a large city, while Cabaret is a small city.

Attachments

• cabaret.jpg
    cabaret.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 401

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jarad

This map is for a moon called Jarad. It is the moon of a world I call Rielun. The two planets together make up my Time of Ages campaign setting.

This campaign is going to be part of my steampunk Spelljammer cosmology, which I've entitled Spelljammer Gone Wild. (Hopefully I'll be able to get back to writing again in a month or so. The doctors still can't tell me what is wrong with my left arm/hand.)

Anyway, here's Jarad, which I created in Fractal Terrains and modified in CC2.

Attachments

• jarad.jpg
    jarad.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 387

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Athas East project

Ok, here's something I started around six months ago. I have always wondered what the other side of Athas looked like so I decided to do my own interpretation of what I call Athas East. This is a work in progess.

Attachments

• athas_east.jpg
    athas_east.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 392

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Timber Vale

Here is the first zoomed in map I've done for Athas East. The region is known as Timber Vale. Below is a brief description of this region:

Anboeg is this regions Tyr for the most part. Most adventures would start from that city, while adventure locations of note would be The Dustglow (old Green Age lighthouse) or Relugor (an old dwarven hold that still stands relatively intact to this day). Muvenor and Dopt are vital to the regions defense from the wilder regions beyond the Timber Vale.

Each of the lesser cities are ruled by a sorcerer/priest known as a solon and the vale is loosely aligned together against forces outside of the vale. Anboeg's traditional ruler was usually a sorcerer/priest/psion that is both sovereign & chancellor, known as the Dragon Emperor. However, the last Dragon Empire died 300 years ago, as he didn't survive the transition to becoming a dragon. In his place, a new ruler took power at the request of the solons, a man named Julro Mar'ihr whose official title, at the time, was simply Magnate. After he took control of power in the vale, with the solons as his advisors, his title change to Dragon Regent. This title has been passed down through the last three hundred years, sometimes through hereditary means, sometimes through the will of the solons.

The current Dragon Regent is again a member of the noble Mar'ihr family, which has remained prominent in the vale through the centuries. Hilrao Mar'ihr is only the sixth Mar'ihr that has held the title and the first in the family appointed to the position by the solons in nearly 140 years. Note that the Dragon Regent has real little power outside the city of Anboeg. The solons rule the rest of the vale. The solons of today are the same solons of 300 years ago and are all on the path towards becoming full dragons. This knowledge is widespread through the vale and the solons are greatly feared, as a result.

Dragon Regent Hilrao is the best chance for change in the vale since the time of his ancestor who first took the title. He is a strong-willed sorcerer/psion who is planning to become an advanced being as well, but an avangion, not a dragon. He has gone to great lengths to ensure that the solons don't discover his plans and he plays the part of the dull-witted Dragon Regent very well. However, he knows he is playing a *very* dangerous game with the solons and that eventually there will be civil war in the vale.

Only time will tell who survives to decide the vale's future...

Attachments

• forest_region.jpg
    forest_region.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 385

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Continent of Malecade - Time of Ages campaign setting

Ok, here's a work in progress map for my Time of Ages campaign setting. This section of my main continent, called Malecade, is an overview map of the Northwestern corner of the continent.

I originally did this map in Campaign Mapper but have modified it extensively in CC2.

(Grrr, it won't let me modify the image I've posted! Will have to repost) :mad:

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Northwestern Malecade

Ok, here's that overview map.

Attachments

• malecade-nw.jpg
    malecade-nw.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
LionMountain Peninsula - South

Ok, here's another simple overview map. This one is of a region named for the mountain range known as the The LionMountains. It is from this region that my group's PCs came from.

Spears, a half-orc fighter/cleric who grew up under the watchful eye of a tribe of Tigé (demihuman race); Knak Rynne, a human paladin who's family origially came from an alternate universe (krynn cosmology); Simon Mardin, a human cleric; Nona Heartwood, a half-elf ranger/rogue, and a sorcerer known as Marty LionMountain who would become known as the Steam Sorcerer.

Attachments

• lmpeninsula-s.jpg
    lmpeninsula-s.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Da'aphet Region!

The region is named after the main steam metropolis called Da'aphet. The area around Da'aphet is also where my Horns of Honor short story took place.

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=518272#post518272

Note that this map only show the major cities in the region. A more detailed version just around Da'aphet will be done at a later date. I'm planning on working on the LionMountain Peninsula again, first.

Later,

KF72

Attachments

• da\'aphet_region.jpg
    da\'aphet_region.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Chauzu said:
Those are pretty good, and I usually don't like CC2 maps. Good job. :)

Thanks Chauzu, I take my CC2 mapping pretty seriously. I've spent more time on mapping my worlds than creating the kingdom writeups for it. Once I have a good feeling for a region, I then flesh out the cities and NPCs more.

Remove ads