• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightfall's "CC2 Cartography" Thread (Retired: Apr 16/05)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Stortic Region!

This region of Malecade is what started it all for me, as a world builder. I started with this region and expanded out exponentially form there.

Now, as I redo the world in CC2, I am brought back to those olden days when I'd create complex colored hand drawn maps. Ah, the memories!

Of course, Stortic is this regions primary city. In it's early days it was little more than an walled town with both luck and magical allies on its side. I forget why I decided to name the town Stortic but I'm so use to it now I'd never change it.

Of the other locations on this map, Gremlin, Mason and Sunset SkyMountain exsisted on that first map. I added The Sorcerer's Hold later on, which used to be called LionMountain Tower but I wanted to change it recently.

The other cities are all new names for locations that either used to be called something strange and/or childish or never existed before I did this map.

Cheers!

KF72

p.s. I'll be doing a more detailed view of Stortic and it's surrounding locales later this week. That's enough mapping for today.

Attachments

• stortic-region.jpg
    stortic-region.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 267

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Scorpio said:
I must admit, that's an interesting river basin you have there!;)

Thanks for the comment Scorpio.

The space between the two mountain ranges is known as The Lion Gap. The area around Mason is more of a deep valley that stretches towards the east, while the cities of Stortic, Quuwen and Vuuthmay are more level with the higher lands between the mountains. Then this shallow valley dips down towards Heath's City.

Gremlin is more like a highlands city and I'll probably add more hills around it as I develop the next, closer-in view of the map.

Sunset SkyMountain is a dwarven city with some giantish influence. The city is well known for its advances in steam technology. (Time of Ages is in my Steampunk Spelljammer Cosmology known as Spelljammer Gone Wild. :D )

Shuuvan is more seperate from the other cities in this regio and is known for be a retched hive of scum and villiany. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
psychognome said:
Damn, I wish I was as talented as you are. Guess it's just lack of practice, but I can't get anything decent out of CC 2. :D
Nice work!

Thanks psychognome. And I've been using Campaign Cartographer since the old, original DOS version came out. Then I switched to Campaign Mapper on the 2E Core Rules CD and just recently shelled out the money for both CC2 and City Designer 2.

Thus I've had years of practise with placing symbols and figuring out where things *should*, not just where I *want* them to go.

Later,

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Harqual Continent Overview (old version)

Ok, here's the continent of Harqual in its entirety. Check page three for the latest version of this map.

Attachments

• harqual_overview.jpg
    harqual_overview.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A little art with your cartography, sir?

Here's the artwork Warduke did based on the psionic knights (The Insightful Order of the Republic).

Cheers!

KF72

Attachments

• knights.gif
    knights.gif
    239 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
More Warduke Art!

Here's a drawign he did, which is designed like a Star Wars picture but fantasy and for my continent of Harqual. :)

Thanks again WD!

KF72

Attachments

• harqual2.jpg
    harqual2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 246

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Janardun Overview (Old Version)

I've just finished redoing this map with a more appropriate river structure. The new version is posted on page 3. - KF72

Attachments

• janardun_overview.jpg
    janardun_overview.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Remove ads