• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Old Republic: The Last of the Sith(Master Essenu's Group)

Vendetta

First Post
Aalun closes down his lightsaber, clipping it to his belt, turns to Tuorr and will attempt to heal him with his "Heal Others" force skill, not really catching Essenu's referrence to him being the one who is the trouble. "Aalun is pleased that you are both well. Aalun was afraid that he would not be able to defend you if Master Tuorr chose to attack you."

((Aalun has to make a Ref save vs. DC 15. He gets a 14 and takes 7VP damage. Down to 15 total.))

Before Aalun can reach the downed Twi'lek, a strong, invisible hand slams into him, forcing him back a step and nearly knocking him off his feet. Urcala's outsretched hand pulls back to her lightsaber as she brings the blade up in an overhead position like Aalun has never seen before.

The blue blade shimmers over her head as she grins, a look on her eyeless face like nothing ever seen before. As opressing that the place itself is, an even greater power is eminating from both of the Miraluka.

Vendetta

First Post
Not understanding what has just happened, no what it is he is feeling, Aalun decides to get outside of this den of darkside evil and breaks for the exit. While there is no relief from the dark side out of the cave, it's power is less so than he's been sensing since going into the cave and he longs for the refreshing aura of the light.

Aalun's retreat out of the tomb brings him out into the dim light of Korriban's lone star. The large valley is as barren as it had been, and just as silent. It is almost amazing to walk through the threshold and into the sunlight again, as if one thick veil is lifted away and everything is clear again...well, mostly clear. There is still the overbearing presence that you had felt originally, but it is nothing when compared to the interior of the place you had just been inside.

The silence is gone soon, as you hear the familiar humming of a lightsaber growing. Turning back to the dark corridor you had left behind, a blue blade can be seen moving closer. It doesn't take long for Urcala to become visible, and before she even gets close, you hear her scream in a voice that isn't anything like her own, "You will not run from me, Jedi! Stand your ground!"

Vendetta

First Post
Aalun quickly breaths in the air and tries to find his connection to the force, immediately feeling the relief of being outside verses inside... then the hiss of the lightsaber humms behind him and he turns around to face the unknown voice. Aalun quickly grabs his lightsaber and ignites the blade with the familiar "snap-hiss" and takes a defensive stance. He looks over the body of Urcala wondering what it is that has caused the change. Specifically, he's looking for the wounds made by the exploding sith holocron and wondering if the darkside within the pieces might have wedged themselves into his master and peer and somehow influencing their minds.

Urcala's body shows nothing unusual, and there are no apparent wounds anywhere. Seeing that Aalun had turned and stopped his escape, Urcala grinned. The blue shimmer of her lightsaber was bathing the walls of the entrance cavern she still stood in before she charged straight for Aalun, and she spoke a curse in a language Aalun had never heard before...though if what she had said was anything beyond a curse, then it would have been a painful thing, indeed, to hear a curse in whatever language it was.

((Urcala's charging and attacking, though I'm assuming Aalun is using the Total Defense[i.e. his defensive stance] so that should help him. Her attack is a 25. That hits, and was nearly a critical. Instead, Aalun takes 12 more Vitality damage. Brings him down to 3VP...))

Her blade came up in a strong thrust aimed at Aalun's gut. Though he intercepted and deflected Urcala's blue lightsaber with a loud crash from the two blades, the tip of the weapon had nearly run him straight through. A fact which was not easily missed.

Vendetta

First Post
Hoping that there was some sign of something that could explain what had happened to Urcala that he had some ability to effect, Aalun had looked over his companion carefully but saw nothing. The only thing he could figure was that Urcala had been possessed by some force of the dark side and he had absolutely no ability to pull her mind free. "Please, think on who you are. Do not allow this to control you, Urcala. Your mind is stronger in the force that what invades your body." Aalun backs away in the direction of their ship using his defensive posture, hoping that he'll be able to protect himself better than he had previously.

((Just a little note for you...to get back to the ship will require getting out of the canyon. i.e. back up that long path you came down from. I'm also assuming your making a double move, which means that unless there's a straight path(which down here, there isn't because of the larger rocks strewn about), she can't attack you. Only way she'll be able to keep up and attack is with a charge.))

As Aalun backs out into the canyon and towards the pathway back up, Urcala follows, weaving around the rocks and keeping up with him as he moves. Moving out into the bleak sunlight, she screams, "Stand your ground and face me, Jedi! I have not waited a thousand years to chase a coward!

Vendetta

First Post
"You accuse Aalun of being the coward when you invade the body of a friend of Aalun so that Aalun fights her, not you? Come to me where you risk harm and not risking another in your stead, truest of cowards." Aalun replies as he continues his "escape", sure to keep moving around the large rocks and boulders so the sith controled Urcala cannot get a clean attack off on him.

"Stop running from me, Jedi!" Urcala yelled, stopping in her tracks and reaching out with a free hand. One of the larger rocks, probably about the size of Aalun's head, lifted up and shot out towards him. The rock, though, went high, flying well over him and eventually dropping to the ground a good ten meters in front of you.

((Urcala's using Move Object to throw a good sized rock at Aalun. This does take a Full Round Action, so it puts Aalun ahead twenty meters. Her attack was a 15, which missed.

Note that you can essentially make it all the way back to the ship without being caught at this point, so unless you plan to make a stand before then, we can be moving straight to that point.))

Remove ads