knowing you're marked

DracoSuave

First Post
Ahh, simulpost. We're saying much more the same thing than I thought we were.

I don't want all monsters to know the effects of all marks, all the time ...

But similarly, I don't want all monsters to not-know the effects of any mark, ever.

Sorry for belaboring the point unnecessarily, above.

No big deal.

But that's my point, some monsters know things. Others don't.

And some PC abilities -are- on monsters (with different rules).

Prestidigitalis

First Post
No big deal.

But that's my point, some monsters know things. Others don't.

And some PC abilities -are- on monsters (with different rules).

I'm fine with this approach. OF COURSE the mage will know what's going on, and the Gelatinous Cube won't. The problem I have is with one-size-fits-all statements like "monsters know what a mark can do". (not a quote -- I have to run and I don't have time to check back to earlier posts)

DracoSuave

First Post
I'm fine with this approach. OF COURSE the mage will know what's going on, and the Gelatinous Cube won't. The problem I have is with one-size-fits-all statements like "monsters know what a mark can do". (not a quote -- I have to run and I don't have time to check back to earlier posts)

Generally I wouldn't need to roll for it either, really.

I mean, I'm designing the encounter in advance, I can sort out basically which monsters would know what, ask if they'd pool their knowledge, are they coordinated, and then go with it.

For example, a kobold wyrmpriest might know tons about the Dragon Soul sorcerer, but hell if he can get the rage drakes on the same page. Dragonshields on the other hand? Totally into that tactics thing.

Amaroq

Community Supporter
For example, a kobold wyrmpriest might know tons about the Dragon Soul sorcerer, but hell if he can get the rage drakes on the same page.
:lol:

Busting up laughing.

My fighter has a pet rage drake. I made the mistake of asserting that I wanted it right after the DM got a puppy. Said puppy's best misbehaviors have inspired about four sessions' worth of cleaning up after whatever trouble an almost-grown immature rage drake gets into.

So, yeah, hell if I can get my rage drake on the same page either. :p

Remove ads