Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Knightfall
Once Imbril comes out of his trance, he looks directly at Borya. "I don't think it is as powerful as a relic or an artifact, so it should be easy enough to destroy, unless there is something more to it than I can sense, which is possible. I am reluctant to try to destroy it within the city's walls. More research seems prudent. Guard, bring the box back but keep it closed."
"Yes, let's take every precaution," Borya replies.

Wilie rubs his chin thoughtfully and then says, "I do know a lot about the city and the region through what travelers have told me. Tales are a good way to pass the time why taking tolls. I don't think the Tarwood has another name that currently used. I'm sure it has an old Elvish or Orochen name that was once used, but if it does, I can't remember it. I'm sure it could be found in an old guidebook or in the History of Bard's Gate." Wilie looks at Borya and the rest of the 'eight', "That's an official historic record that is kept in the the Auditorium of the Silver Harp, the temple of Oghma in the Bridge District. If the Tarwood has another name, the High Harpist, Jared Strann, will know it or be able to find out."
"Hmm, I remember something, but what was it again?" Borya ponders.

ooc - doing Knowledge (religion) check to wrack my brain.
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=133226
1D20+12 = [5]+12 = 17

"I don't think we should split up the party. the world can be a dangerous place."

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Scott DeWar
"And Caius, welcome to the Called Ones."
"The Called Ones. That's an... interesting company name. It's fairly unique for the city. I've never heard anything similar," Caius says stiffling a yawn. He leads the group out of the Keep and back into the streets.

ooc: What time is it?
OOC: Very, very late. Well past midnight. It is around 3:20 a.m. It's been an all night affair with the meeting at the inn and the magical face and the fire and the chase and the meeting at The Keep.

Originally Posted by JustinCase
"Anyway, we'd best be off. Shall we split up to find the Auditorium and the Bard's College, or will we go together?"
"It might be best to wait until daybreak. While the Auditorium never closes, it is still a temple to Oghma with a daily schedule. High Harpist Strann will likely be sleeping now, but I'm sure one of the acolytes could wake him if we press the importance of the matter."

Caius half-yawns again and then shakes his head. "Sorry, it's been a long night. Bard's College is on a small islet north of this island. We can get there through the Bridge District, but the college's iron gate is likely locked for the night. There are 'other ways' to get onto the campus at this time of night, but I don't recommend them. The college opens early in the morning, so it might be best to go there first. A few hours of sleep couldn't hurt. Where re you all staying?"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Scotley
Jagr shrugs, "We can seek more history if you wish. Perhaps we can make our purchases as we make our way to these learned men. I don't think we should split up. Our mysterious enemy has shown an ability to take action here in Bard's Gate. If more agents are standing by we should not give them an easy target."
Caius says, "You won't be able to buy much at this time of night. The merchants of the Grand Plaza will be setting up for the day ahead just before dawn. There is the street market known as the Merchant's Circus, which is is always active at night. It's safe, usually. Just don't wander into the Canal District at night. No one will ever see you again."

Originally Posted by Shades of Eternity
"I don't think we should split up the party. the world can be a dangerous place."
Originally Posted by Trogdor1992
"Agreed, there is certainly strength in numbers." the Tiefling adds.
"Normally, I'd say you wouldn't have anything to worry about. But with the magical face and the rumors about, the wizard, it might be best to stay together, at least at night."

"Borya, we should get some sleep," suggests Wilie. "I have a bed for you at our home. My missus is going to be wondering where we are."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Rest for the evening I think is in order. I seem to have lost track of the time. I suggest we be off to the Tavern and Caius should remain with us."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Borya, we should get some sleep," suggests Wilie. "I have a bed for you at our home. My missus is going to be wondering where we are."
"You are right of course. Besides, I believe I owe your child a story," Borya said with his usual twinkle in his eye.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Trogdor1992
"Can we return to the tavern? I'd like a bit of drink before making my way to bed."
"Durst has likely closed The Felled Ogre for the night, but Helman's Bar will still be open. If you need more libations, he'll accommodate you.

"Try not to overdue it,"
Caius says with a smile as the group walks through the streets of the Keep District.

"Rest for the evening I think is in order. I seem to have lost track of the time. I suggest we be off to the Tavern and Caius should remain with us."
Crossing the bridges back towards the Ogre, the group passes into the Guild District where Kailer Galoda's manor had been burning eariler in the night. The manor's gate has been sealed off and two Lyreguards stand watch inside the gate.

"If you're staying at The Felled Ogre, you might not be able to get in right now," Caius replies to Shrough. "At the very least, there will be a soft spot to sleep in the stables until dawn. Did you pay for rooms already?"

The group soon arrives back before the Market Bridge where the magical face, Vectēvs, remains stoically silent until the next question is asked. The members of the Market Watch remain on duty on both sides of the bridge while three Lyreguards stand in a circle around the unnatural face. The Market Watch guards recognize the group and allow them to cross onto the bridge.

"You're back," the Lyreguard named Marcus says as they approach. "How did it go at the Keep? We've kept the gawkers away from this thing, Have you come to ask more questions?"

"They'll be asking more after some sleep," Wilie says with a yawn.

Originally Posted by Shades of Eternity
"You are right of course. Besides, I believe I owe your child a story," Borya said with his usual twinkle in his eye.
Wilie turns to Borya. "Come on, cousin. My house is this way." The halfling man leads Borya through the streets of the Market District to his cozy home. His missus, Marcie, is waiting at the door when they arrive. She looks livid.

"Where have you been?" She demands.

"Uhm," Wilie's face turns read under the gaze of his little lady. "There was this fire and I had to stay with Borya."

"Well, get in here. Your supper is cold as an ice bear's breath. The children are already asleep, and I'd like to get some sleep too if the two of you don't mind." Marcie looks up at Borya. "It is good to see you again, Borya. We'll talk more in the afternoon once I've gotten some sleep. Please don't wake the children right now. They need their sleep. I'm sure lil' Bitters will be up by dawn. He be very pleased to see you. Come in. Come in."

Once inside, Marcie locks the door and then turns to Wilie," I suggest you get some sleep too. You're making breakfast for the children in a few hours , and I'll need you to take Kale and Dawny to the College Exhibition tomorrow. You're need someone to do your toll taking for you."

"Yes dear," Wilie replies. "And the Market Bridge will likely be closed tomorrow. There was an incident there today."

"Hmm, well, you'll need to find a way to get the children to the Bard's College. We promised them they could go months ago. As long it is safe, so don't use the Canal Bridge. Take one of the barges if you have too."

"Yes mi'dear."

Marcie makes sure Borya is comfortable before heading upstairs to bed.

"That went better than I thought it would," Wilie whispers to Borya. "We'd best eat quickly and get some sleep."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Durst has likely closed The Felled Ogre for the night, but Helman's Bar will still be open. If you need more libations, he'll accommodate you."

"Try not to overdue it," Caius says with a smile as the group walks through the streets of the Keep District.

Crossing the bridges back towards the Ogre, the group passes into the Guild District where Kailer Galoda's manor had been burning earlier in the night. The manor's gate has been sealed off and two Lyreguards stand watch inside the gate.

"If you're staying at The Felled Ogre, you might not be able to get in right now," Caius replies to Shrough. "At the very least, there will be a soft spot to sleep in the stables until dawn. Did you pay for rooms already?"
Shrough nods his approval at the placement of the guards, but otherwise continues in silence. As the party continues on Shrough breaks his sleepy silence, "I actually have a place I stay at else where. I personally did not pay for any rooms."

The group soon arrives back before the Market Bridge where the magical face, Vectēvs, remains stoically silent until the next question is asked. The members of the Market Watch remain on duty on both sides of the bridge while three Lyreguards stand in a circle around the unnatural face. The Market Watch guards recognize the group and allow them to cross onto the bridge.

"You're back," the Lyreguard named Marcus says as they approach. "How did it go at the Keep? We've kept the gawkers away from this thing, Have you come to ask more questions?"

"They'll be asking more after some sleep," Wilie says with a yawn.
Shrough greets Vectēvs in Elvin and at the question of inquiries, he nods in agreement to the post slumber time frame. After crossing the bridge, Shrough addresses every one, "This is where I part until we return here , uh, Later this morning, which is to be what time? I have a place I stay at."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Combo post

"Good night then."

Sarten will go to the inn for the night with the others.

--------------------------

Vak'tiel also goes to the inn for the night

--------------------------

Somewhat reluctantly, Jagr retires for the night as well. He lays awake turning the events of the day over in his mind for quite some time before sleep finally comes.

Remove ads