• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Then Arcane Knowledge check is 17 instead of 22. Falen hadn’t drawn on that knowledge yet.
You know what, Aust Thale and @Neurotic, let's just call it a new encounter. The initiative order and round count will stay the same, but everyone can refresh "per encounter" abilities.

That might make beating The Beast easier, and if it falls really easily, then I might have to rethink its CR.

Anyway, today is probably going to be a slow day for me. I'm still very sore and tired from yesterday. I'm going to work on some other stuff and come back to the games in the middle of the afternoon.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
You know what, Aust Thale and @Neurotic, let's just call it a new encounter. The initiative order and round count will stay the same, but everyone can refresh "per encounter" abilities.

That might make beating The Beast easier, and if it falls really easily, then I might have to rethink its CR.

Anyway, today is probably going to be a slow day for me. I'm still very sore and tired from yesterday. I'm going to work on some other stuff and come back to the games in the middle of the afternoon.
No worries. But it wouldn’t affect Falen as he hadn’t used his skill trick the previous encounter. Akos’ using the same skill trick wouldn’t affect Falen. I just take the +5 away from Arcane Know check. No big deal.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
@JustinCase, the five other random potions on the shelf's two middle levels have these symbols on them: "a giant", "a hand with a starburst", "the face of a confused-looking man", "a fanged beast", and "a shimmering man."

EDIT: Almost all the vials on the bottom shelf have skull and crossbow symbols on them.

Poisons and Alchemical Vials: 1D12+2 = [12]+2 = 14
1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5
Oh wait, I forgot these in my IC post! The potions with giant, shimmering man and confused-looking man will be distributed to Tim, Falen and Akos, respectively. If possible, Tuck will feed Mutt the beast potion. And the skull-and-crossbow vials go into the bag.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Falen:
Plucks one of the “red” healing potions, if clear what it is (from fallen enemy nearby if possible).
Neither the Dusk Assassin nor the Enchantress are close enough to gather their resources prior to the monster arriving, no?
What alchemical options are available in or about the warehouse?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Plucks one of the “red” healing potions, if clear what it is (from fallen enemy nearby if possible).
@JustinCase, wrote in his post that Tuck took the red and green potions from the top of the shelf, but if someone recognizes them, Tuck will distribute them to the others. The red potions are Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (Unglar drank/tested a red potion he found on one of the mercs) but the green potions are still a mystery.

There are six CMWs potions and five of the mysterious "green" potions that were on the top section of the shelf.

Commander Oakfirst also found a red CMWs potion on the mercenary he searched (round 17). He gave it to Akos (or Tuck), but either of them can choose to give it to Falen.

Emelia finds two "starburst" potions on the Loyalist grappler in round 17, and she and Captain Camburn find three "starburst" potions (and two magical rings) on The Butcher in round 18. The first two potions are tucked safely in Emelia's belt pouch while the other three (and rings) are in Emelia and the captain's hands.

Burchard found a red CMWs potion on one of the Mercs (round 17). He doesn't drink it in round 18. Instead, he searches one of the thugs, so that potion likely ended up in his belt pouch.

Maena and Zenpher found a Loyalist "starburst" potion (as well as a magical ring) on the doppelganger in round 17. Zenpher take them to Akos in round 18.

Weapons are sheathed while characters search the fallen foes.

Aust Thale said:
Neither the Dusk Assassin nor the Enchantress are close enough to gather their resources prior to the monster arriving, no?
The dying female enchanter is a bit closer (45 ft.) than the dead assassin (55 ft.), but neither of them are in a convenient spot. (The Sectarian Captain ended round 18 standing next to the enchanter while using Detect Magic.) The assassin is lying just northeast of the candle shop on the side street. Going near him is very risky with The Beast closing in from the east.

Moving to the enchanter (in round 19?) is less risky.

Aust Thale said:
What alchemical options are available in or about the warehouse?
Tuck dropped all the skull and crossbow (†) motif symbol vials (14) in his bag of holding. He didn't note the alchemical vials (5) is his post above, but I'm assuming he'd drop those in there as well. That means he cleaned out all the potions and vials and brings them out to the other Exemplars (and the guards) near the beginning of round 18 (‡).

The alchemical vials are as follows: two have a flame symbol, two have a '+' symbol, and the last one's symbol is scratched off completely. Its contents are murky and smell awful.

† I meant to write skull & crossbones, but let's leave it as skull and crossbow just for fun. :D
‡ At this point, I'm really giving you guys a bit more time than I should, but it's not a concern. However, I'm going to track movement and actions more strictly for Round 19.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Be wary of how close you place your character to The Beast. It is a Gargantuan creature with long reach (15 ft.).

BotCC_End18_Start19.png

Remove ads