L4W Discussion Thread III

renau1g

First Post
Question - If I level up in the middle of an adventure (i.e. receive enough XP to level) are we allowed to do it before the conclusion. Follow-Up question, if we do level up and need to be approved, if the adventure somehow ended before we were approved we're not excluded from XP right?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I think it's up to the DM. In this case, yes, go ahead and level up and if you're approval's being held up by judges not looking at your sheet, I'll be sure not to award the final XP until you're approved. (This is the benefit of having a character reviewer for a DM - I can check on these things!)

dimsdale

First Post
I think it's up to the DM. In this case, yes, go ahead and level up and if you're approval's being held up by judges not looking at your sheet, I'll be sure not to award the final XP until you're approved. (This is the benefit of having a character reviewer for a DM - I can check on these things!)

This is also the same situation with Raiyek (Lord S.) and Kruk (me) currently playing in the adventure Things That Go Bump in the NIght (Renau1g DM)

Ozymandias79

First Post
Dimsdale, It is assumed that you leveled up at the end of your last adventure because you got enough exp to do so Kruk is lvl 2 no matter, it is just as if have entered without approvals when you was lvl 1, that is the way I see it.

Ozy79

covaithe

Explorer
Yeah, the point of the rule is to prevent abuse from people fudging their character sheets. We're not trying to be jerks about it.

renau1g

First Post
No problem, I've decided to wait until PHB2 is approved (and maybe the dragon magazine that I bumped yesterday). Some goodies I want there, I am maybe thinking Sacrifice to Caiphon as well. I'll probably hold out until the end of the adventure to level.

dimsdale

First Post
Dimsdale, It is assumed that you leveled up at the end of your last adventure because you got enough exp to do so Kruk is lvl 2 no matter, it is just as if have entered without approvals when you was lvl 1, that is the way I see it.

Ozy79

Ahhh, got it. Thanks for the clarification Ozy

covaithe

Explorer
I'm pleased to announce that Atanatotatos and JoeNotCharles have foolishly kindly accepted invitations to be full judges. Thanks very much to both of you!

That puts us up to six judges with at least some degree of recent activity.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
i'm pleased to announce that atanatotatos and joenotcharles have foolishly kindly accepted invitations to be full judges. Thanks very much to both of you!

That puts us up to six judges with at least some degree of recent activity.

And now my reign of terror begins! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Remove ads