L4W Discussion Thread III

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Hello Mewness, and welcome to L4W!

The PHB2 backgrounds are approved, as well as a number of backgrounds of similar style (check the approved sources list in the charter for the full list). They are a substitute for the regional benefits - you can choose one or the other.

Mewness

First Post
Thanks, Lord S!

I thought that was the case. I chose regional over PHB2-style.

I think the character is done (One-Who-Waits, a deva shaman). Obviously not approved yet, but is it ok to wander into the inn and schmooze?

I'm not terribly concerned if I have to revise crunchy stuff, but I don't want to change the background/concept, and I don't want to start interacting with people and discover I've done something story-wise that doesn't fit (devas are on the approved list, but I couldn't find them in the regional info, so I just chose something that seemed to have the right flavor).

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I just took a look at the fluff for One-Who-Waits, and I don't think there's any problem there. Why he was reborn in the Hanged Man I don't know, but I'm sure you either have a story there that you don't want to reveal yet, or plan to have a story ... or maybe you just plan to leave it vague forever. ;)

There was some talk a while ago about developing some Far Land where devas ruled over goliaths or something, but I believe all of our deva players so far have gone with the PHB2 version where the deva is spontaneously reborn in a holy place or somesuch. It sounds like you're going with the PHB2 version yourself, so that's fine.

Oh, and you can definitely go into the tavern before you're approved, and even join an adventure as long as you have the DM's OK. Recieving XP is the only thing you need to be approved to do, and with the rate of PbP you don't really need to be concerned about getting XP before getting approved.

Atriden

First Post
Yo People

I have petitioned to have my character Atlas approved by email last week, but still no one has looked him through yet. Could someone please approve him or look into it?

best wishes Atriden

And happy birthday L4W !

CaBaNa

First Post
Yo People

I have petitioned to have my character Atlas approved by email last week, but still no one has looked him through yet. Could someone please approve him or look into it?

best wishes Atriden

And happy birthday L4W !
I'd be on it, if Iweren't starting a new job, and taking two tests for class this week...

Maybe next week, so long as we don't get exp. it should be ok.

Remove ads