L4W Discussion Thread V

covaithe

Explorer
maybe he's not using the right account? did he ever make a new account? maybe the old one has rights but not this new one...

I thought of that too, but I checked the edit history on the Approval Requests page, which he has edited recently, and the account he uses for that is the one that has the perms. Also, the user list page doesn't show any creative misspellings of Iron Sky. So I'm moderately sure I'm talking about the right account.

treex

First Post
Oh my GAWSH. FLAMING MINOTAUR DROPPINGS. The site has slowed to such a crawl that I have to resort to using Google's cache feature to read this adventure I'm following (The Closed Eye)
That or suffer having to reload a page over 10 times.
True story.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
It's slow enough that I have to have to be multitasking heavily in order to read anything. Trying to update a combat round, getting 2-3 pages of combat actions to load at once and hope the post goes up with out crashing or double-posting is... not fun.

WEContact

First Post
It's slow enough that I have to have to be multitasking heavily in order to read anything. Trying to update a combat round, getting 2-3 pages of combat actions to load at once and hope the post goes up with out crashing or double-posting is... not fun.
I changed my settings such that as many posts per page are displayed as possible, to reduce the frequency with which I have to load a previous page to see an older post. From my perspective, the TGHOGH thread just hit page 12.

I have to admit that I'm the kind of D&D player for who enjoys winning combats/employing tactics above all else, followed very closely by getting xp/loot, with story-telling and all that pretty far behind. I'm really anxious to get to the adventure wrap-up. :) Thanks for the extremely well-run game, by the way.

VanderLegion

First Post
I changed my settings such that as many posts per page are displayed as possible, to reduce the frequency with which I have to load a previous page to see an older post. From my perspective, the TGHOGH thread just hit page 12.

I have to admit that I'm the kind of D&D player for who enjoys winning combats/employing tactics above all else, followed very closely by getting xp/loot, with story-telling and all that pretty far behind. I'm really anxious to get to the adventure wrap-up. :) Thanks for the extremely well-run game, by the way.

I'll hafta go set my thread display settings. Gotta say I'm right there with ya on the rest. I enjoy a good story set up, but I'm all about the combat etc.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Hey all. I know this happened a while back, but I missed the discussion on the new Characters Needing Approval and Approved Characters pages. Eithal submitted an approval request very shortly after And The Uppity Shoeshine closed out, but she's not showing up on the CNA page. Is there a trick to this. It looks so uniform, I don't want to mess it up. She still needs two approvals.

treex

First Post
From my understanding, you add a link to your character to whichever category you belong to (e.g. 1 approval, 2 approval) by yourself. Once all is said and done, an admin...or the magical approval fairy or something moves it to the Approved Characters page.

Karlowitch

First Post
Just a quick announcement. I'll be taking a short break on l4w for a month, in January.

Sadly, they don't have access to computers out in the jungle or on the islands I am visiting in Thailand :-/.

I just wanted to tell everybody in advance :) !

Karlowitch

First Post
Just a quick announcement. I'll be taking a short break on l4w for a month, in January.

Sadly, they don't have access to computers out in the jungle or on the islands I am visiting in Thailand :-/.

I just wanted to tell everybody in advance :) !

Remove ads