L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
Heh, if those merchants were Chinese...
EDIT: Odd, why can't you link videos?
[sblock][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W8aGgmn1A&feature=related[/ame][/sblock]

treex

First Post
Bah, I'm getting quite mad over at the WotC forums. I've been posting in CharOp's "Ask a simple question" thread because someone claims that using the Hurl Weapon Barbarian feat to throw a weapon will not make it come back (magical or not) because by his line of logic, the weapon itself is not a thrown weapon/does not have the thrown property and hence will not return despite being "treated as a Heavy Thrown weapon" when attacking.

Even after pointing out the similarities in the wordings in the Farbond Spellblade enchantment and Hurl Weapon (both include "can treat as heavy thrown weapon), he starts saying that feats change the character while enchantments change the weapon.

THEN he says that Farbond Spellblade should be reworded. WHAT A PRICK.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, that's a bit rules lawyer-y for me, rule of fun/cool always wins in my books. I always read it that the player gets his weapon back (Kane used to have this feat, but I used it so infrequently that I swapped it out)

treex

First Post
I've read and linked to your discussion about using the Hurl Weapon feat but they said ENWorld is not a source...or something like that. Fine, I knew it was a long shot.

But I also found a discussion on their own forums which also ruled in my favor, but he just dismissed me.

I've just shot a question to Customer Service, hope I'll get a reply soon.

EDIT: If we were having this discussion in my native language I'd call him much more than just a prick.

Luinnar

First Post
I would say 30% too , but I suppose it is open to interpretation.
I love it. After stealing stuff from a frightened woman, a ghost child, and a bakery, what gets Jax busted is paying less than full price to a merchant.
Uncle Jaz has contacts in the merchant guild you know... ;)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
THEN he says that Farbond Spellblade should be reworded. WHAT A PRICK.

someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong2.jpg

jbear

First Post
Okay, cool. On the same page now.

Might be worth including the rule on that in the character creation section or on the wiki, maybe?

So on my sheet I'll have 2000 gp received here: link
and then add: used to buy : list, list list.

What is the rule on uncommon and rare objects? Fair game? Or only common items?

Son of Meepo

First Post
What is the rule on uncommon and rare objects? Fair game? Or only common items?

Right now rarity is ignored, so you can even buy rare items, but even rare items only sell for 20%. I suspect if people fill up with rares and they become a problem someone will file a proposal to limit them.

Nebten

First Post
Okay, cool. On the same page now.

Might be worth including the rule on that in the character creation section or on the wiki, maybe?

So on my sheet I'll have 2000 gp received here: link
and then add: used to buy : list, list list.

What rule? The sell for 20% rule? That's core per the PHB, no reason to stipulate it anywhere else.

Remove ads