• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

renau1g

First Post
It will make it hard for your PC to group with others if he's not really willing to talk to others and if you don't take the initiative to speak to others, they likely won't make the effort either.

Viracocha

First Post
Besides do you really want to be one of those guys?

If by "those guys" you mean someone that would prefer to roleplay his character according to his personality, then I suppose so. That's why I asked for advice as it seemed to go against accepted practice when entering the tavern.

You could always write a little scene in which an NPC engages him enough to get his name. A lot of people end up writing cameos for the barkeep/barmaids/pot boys/bouncers and what have you.

Edit: And bear in mind that the point of the exercise is for people who are watching the tavern thread to be able to identify your character. It doesn't matter whether he literally walks in and introduces himself, provided that his identity comes out in some fashion.

Thanks, that sounds perfect!

It will make it hard for your PC to group with others if he's not really willing to talk to others and if you don't take the initiative to speak to others, they likely won't make the effort either.

He's not going to be exactly a hermit, just he's usually reserved.

I hope I didn't get the wrong idea across, I'm not looking to be different. The character I created would not announce himself when entering a tavern so I'd prefer not to have to play him that way, thus the request for advice. I'll follow what Mewness suggested and try to get his identity known in a different way.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
When I had my character Dante enter the tavern, he didn't talk to anyone, just headed to a corner with his devil-lizard and waited for an adventure to come up.

However you want to play it is fine.

LogicsFate

First Post
4E question: A druid who wild shapes receives no mechanical benefits besides what abilities it can use and it's mode of movement does not change.
No matter what animal it turns into it will never be able to fly, burrow, swim. Even if it turns into a Giant Eagle, Mole, Shark or using examples from the druid section Rage Drake, Bullete, Crocodile.

If a druid turns into a swarm it will never be able to fit into spaces that it's whole form couldn't have fit in anyway? i.e. between the bars on a window or jail.

Is this... correct?

Walking Dad

First Post
This is all correct. Best your 'base' form is medium, land-based and not burrowing. Their are feats and powers that allow your described 'stunts', but they are not part of 'standard wildshape'.

LogicsFate

First Post
Ah thanks, Swarm druid here. I figured that was all about right but I couldn't come to terms with the facts and the hand waving I'd have to do.

I think my Wishlist just turned into,
Item that gives me flight while in beastform.
Item that gives me phasing while in beastform.
=p

renau1g

First Post
Cross-posted from LEB

So just found another perhaps either unforeseen change, or stealth nerf, from the recent change to Healing Word. It has lost its Divine keyword in Essentials. Now, what's the big deal you ask? Why let's look at the Pacifist Healer Feat. Well, it states that you must use a DIVINE power that allows the target to use a healing surge to benefit from this power, effectively rendering it much less effective as it doesn't now stretch to cover Healing Word for the cleric. Ironically, now the melee cleric has more powers that would trigger this feat (at least at lower levels)

[sblock=Compendium Entry]"Healing Word

You whisper a brief prayer as divine light washes over your target, helping to mend its wounds.

Encounter (Special) Healing
Minor Action Close burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)

Target: You or one ally in the burst

Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 additional hit points.
Level 6: 2d6 additional hit points.
Level 11: 3d6 additional hit points.
Level 16: 4d6 additional hit points.
Level 21: 5d6 additional hit points.
Level 26: 6d6 additional hit points.

Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter.

Update (8/2/2010)
Power updated to match Essentials data.[/sblock]

[sblock=Compendium entry for Pacifist Healer]
Pacifist Healer

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Cleric
Benefit: When you use a divine power that allows a target to spend a healing surge, the target regains additional hit points equal to 1d6 + your Charisma modifier. The additional hit points increase to 2d6 + your Charisma modifier at 11th level, and to 3d6 + your Charisma modifier at 21st level.
Also, whenever you hit or miss a bloodied enemy and deal damage to it, you are stunned until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

Remove ads