• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Labelling April Fools

Steverooo

First Post
There oughta be a law...

April Fools jokes on the so-called News page oughta be labelled as such!

Last year, people were still quoting the WotC "Press Release", saying that no one at WotC was old enough to remember Greyhawk, anyway, well into May...

Now, we have the Microsoft joke...

Don't the Admins, here, think it would be a good idea to actually MARK jokes as jokes? It seems to me to be irresponsible to do otherwise...

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82473

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Kinda takes the point out of the whole thing, or not?

It would be ok, tho, if the thread starters unveiled their joke inside the thread (in case it was so believable or not so obvious (not like the MS one or the GC one ;)), after a while (this evening or tomorrow).

Could simply edit the first post and possible the subject to do so.
Just add an [AF] tag before the subject after a day or whatever. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Steverooo said:
Don't the Admins, here, think it would be a good idea to actually MARK jokes as jokes? It seems to me to be irresponsible to do otherwise...
It's called April's Fool's Day. Those who think that these news items are genuine are fools. The whole purpose of April Fool's Day media hoaxes is that some people will think it's true, while others will look at the date, and realize that information is best appreciated with a grain of salt and a critical mind.

If we were to follow your idea, I don't know where it would lead us... Orson Welles famous radio prank about aliens in 1938 would have been punctuated by "don't believe that guy, folks, it's just make-believe!", the first thing circus clowns would say to you when they shake your hand would be "I'm wearing make-up, my face is not naturally colored that way", and the punchline to every single joke would be "of course that didn't really happen". :uhoh:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/aprilfool2.html

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Next to speak-like-a-prirate day it is the bestest day of the year! I love it, the world is too serious, too many horrible things are going on not to take a moment and joke about things. :D

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Hey, this is no joke people. Microsoft has schedued a press conference this afternoon to go over the details of the acquisition.

Li Shenron

Legend
Steverooo said:
There oughta be a law...

April Fools jokes on the so-called News page oughta be labelled as such!

Last year, people were still quoting the WotC "Press Release", saying that no one at WotC was old enough to remember Greyhawk, anyway, well into May...

Now, we have the Microsoft joke...

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82473

You are joking, right?

Gez

First Post
You could go with a fish icon for hoaxes. The fish symbolism for joke is less well known in the USA than elsewhere, but it would still suggest there's something fishy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads