• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Labelling April Fools

Cerubus Dark

First Post
Gez said:
You could go with a fish icon for hoaxes. The fish symbolism for joke is less well known in the USA than elsewhere, but it would still suggest there's something fishy.
Um, GEZ we would be using that icon every time Micro$oft announces a new "security" patch.

Cerubus Dark

First Post
Steverooo said:
Actually, I'm serious.

My problem isn't with April Fools Day. My problem is with fake news.

Last year, there really were people fooled by the jokes, who were still posting about it, months later. Part of the April Fools' Day tradition is, also, after you have fooled someone, you're supposed to say "April Fools!", laugh, and let them in on the joke... This, too, is traditional.

What I'm saying is, ENWorld doesn't do that. Okay, so with the Micro$oft stuff, it isn't likely to happen... but it did, last year, with the Greyhawk joke...

I can understand the humour and tradition aspects of the joke, and even not wanting to post "April Folls!" at the bottom of the page, because it might spoil the joke... but letting it run through next July, and forever, isn't the way April Fools is done.

It wouldn't hurt ENWorld (or the tradition, or any of you jokesters) if ENWorld started a new tradition, where, every April SECOND, they posted a note in the news (at the top of APRIL FIRST'S) saying something like "All of the "News" posts on this site, every April First, are jokes! If you took them seriously... April Fools!"

Everyone can have their fun, be fooled (or not), and we could *NOT* have April Folls running around believing that no one at WotC remembers Greyhawk a year after the joke was supposed to be over! :p

April Fools' Day has its place, but lets confine it there, shall we? Telling the April Fools that they've been fooled is ALSO part of the tradition... and you don' wanna mess with TRADITION!

Why, without TRADITION, our lives would be as unstable as... A Fiddler on the Roof! ;) :eek:
You lawful alignment types make me sick :p Sticking with your "traditions" and what not.

At least this year they did not change the entire site again. I was tricked really good last time they did and changed it to Erik Noah's floor shop or some such nonsence.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads