• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Labyrinth of Madness by Monte Cook - Updated November 18, 2005

Sledge

First Post
Okay I've seen a few references to this as a bad adventure, but I never found it so. It did have some significant errors however. Only 1 or 2 were gamebreaking and after a read through I checked the old TSR site at the time and found errata already there.
In a recent search I found expanded errata for Labyrinth of Madness. So after reading this errata and assuming you had it to play with are there still any haters of this adventure?
Anyways I've been thinking of updating this beastie in a sort of Return To form. So should I go very high level (18-20) or truly epic (40+)?

As requested I am updating the thread as the adventure unfolds. Slow start tonight, hopefully more time tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sledge

First Post
Wow I thought you'd seen everything Crothian. It was a very high-level adventure for second edition that involved intelligent enemies that were occasionally resurrected during the adventure and a very convoluted but still solveable puzzle.

Hey did you just post to keep me from catching up? I'm only 36,450 behind you now.

GeorgeFields

Explorer
I liked the overall concept of the advnture from a player's point of view. the DM did say that it had lots of errors such as secret doors mentioned in the text but not on the map........

Needless to say, it was quite deady. I was the only survivor because I teleported out.

Crothian

First Post
Sledge said:
Wow I thought you'd seen everything Crothian. It was a very high-level adventure for second edition that involved intelligent enemies that were occasionally resurrected during the adventure and a very convoluted but still solveable puzzle.

sounds fun. I have an okay collection, but I am far from having everything. I'm working on it though.

Hey did you just post to keep me from catching up? I'm only 36,450 behind you now.

Damn it you figured it out. That is actually the only reason why I post, I don't care about the other catching me but you never will!! :]

Nifft

Penguin Herder
GeoFFields said:
Boy, do I feel small. I've been an ENWorld member for over 2 years, and this post makes 11 for me.

Just think how much each of your posts must be worth, compared to Crothian's. ;)

-- N, off to bronze that last gem of yours

Remove ads