• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E LAST CHANCE TO WIN FREE 4e Rulebooks DEADLINE JAN 30th!!! GET ENTRIES IN!!

ShadowX

First Post
What does the longevity of the character setup have to be? Should I attempt to make a character awesome for one encounter or a more "realistic" adventurer?

Acid_crash

First Post
do we have to be a customer of borderlands to participate? ;) j/k I go there all the time, and Najo (nate) is a good guy.

It's nice to see another person from salem post on here, I was feeling a bit lonely from oregon on here.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Epic Meepo said:
If you don't mind doing extra work, you could always use the public poll option, then check the join date of every account that voted in the poll and throw out votes from accounts that didn't exist before you posted this thread. That still doesn't solve the problem of people who already have multiple accounts, but at least you won't get newly created multiple accounts.

How's about when you post the characters, don't put the person's enworld name with the character? Just post the character and let people vote on it. And don't let people go in and post "VOTE FOR MY CHARACTER (X)" If there's a way to lock posting in polls, then do it. And have the moderators watch any threads of "VOTE FOR ME" get locked with warnings of having the person's character geting disqualified if there's cheating going on.

Zelc

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
How's about when you post the characters, don't put the person's enworld name with the character? Just post the character and let people vote on it. And don't let people go in and post "VOTE FOR MY CHARACTER (X)" If there's a way to lock posting in polls, then do it. And have the moderators watch any threads of "VOTE FOR ME" get locked with warnings of having the person's character geting disqualified if there's cheating going on.
The problem is when people post on other forums and places saying "Hey, register here and vote for my build named XYZ please!" Epic Meepo's solution is really the best way of doing it if you want a poll. Otherwise, I think a poll might be a bad idea, or you could pick one "community favorite" and one "judge's favorite", or some other way of reducing the influence of the poll.

Najo

First Post
perchy said:
Can we create a creature of pure death, and assume theres a team of 3 clerics healing him. I.E. does only his damage output matter here? can i not buy armour so i can buy a weapon for odd situations (i.e. Ghosts?)

Is 3ed allowed or just 3.5?

Edit: discount the 1st and 2nd questions, you answered then alredy

Are there bonus points for addition uses? Breaking down walls so you don't have to get lost in the maze for example?

To provide a base line, will you stat a character to do damage without, power attack?

Is there a catagory for characters that ain't frenzied berserkers?, as that class certainly makes it worth it (perhaps let frenzied berserkers in, but don't let them win 1st prise?)

Damage output is a primary area to look at, but so is ability to not be penalized by the to hit penalty. Creative uses of the feat that abuse other character types are legal. As long as the character makes use of Power Attack to break the game and show that it is a mighty feat is what we are looking for. The more effective the character uses power attack and the more flexibility and utility it has then the higher it will score. If the entries are all one trick ponies then a one trick pony will win, but if a comparable one trick is up against the flexible and powerful character, it is likely the more useful character will win. Creativity is a plus too, we want to see people thinking outside the box.

Najo

First Post
ShadowX said:
What does the longevity of the character setup have to be? Should I attempt to make a character awesome for one encounter or a more "realistic" adventurer?

A realistic adventurer will do better in the contest then a one shot. If a one shot character is the best user of the feat, they have a more likely chance of getting noticed. But say you have a character that one shots out a crazy power attack with a high level of risk (because of miss) and then once that is spent it is done vs. a character that uses power attack highly effectively and consistantly, the second character is going to win out.

Najo

First Post
Acid_crash said:
do we have to be a customer of borderlands to participate? ;) j/k I go there all the time, and Najo (nate) is a good guy.

It's nice to see another person from salem post on here, I was feeling a bit lonely from oregon on here.

Hey, good to see ya :) Thanks for the props ;) I wonder ow many salem-ites are on here too, don't see us to often :p

Najo

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:

That is a decent idea, moderators might be able to limit the duplicate voting too. Plus with a stipulation that if you are caught cheating your disqualifed may be enough to keep people honest.

Any moderators that can email me and let me know the best way to do secure voting? borderlandsgames@yahoo.com put in the subject that you are a enworld moderator.

Najo

First Post
PHGraves said:
If I sent in an entry before the re-work, should I re-submit?

You don't have to, but you are allowed to if you wish. Just put that it is a resubmit in the subject and make sure we can clearly identify your previous entry as yours.

Remove ads