• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E LAST CHANCE TO WIN FREE 4e Rulebooks DEADLINE JAN 30th!!! GET ENTRIES IN!!

Zelc

First Post
Does this mean that noobs like me can't participate either?
Keep in mind my idea was only a suggestion, and Najo hasn't said anything about it. Also, I was meaning for it to apply only to voting.

Najo, could you let me know if my submission was OK as far as rules and such, and did you want me to send you anything else?

Najo

First Post
Lanamelach said:
Does this mean that noobs like me can't participate either? And I had such a good idea too...

Also, are feats from, say, Dragon Magazine allowed?

And what about Unearthed Arcana (specifically, item familiars, traits, and flaws)?

Only material printed in WOTC rulebooks that are official rules are allowed. So that means no Dragon or Dungeon and no Unearthed Arcana. I will edit the post above for clarity.

This is nothing against the 3rd party materials or the optional rules, but those things do not go through the same control process as the books put out by WOTC. Some of the third party stuff is as good or better even than some of the WOTC stuff, but those rules are not something WOTC can keep in check nor can we easily reference or make a fair contest out of.

Najo

First Post
Zelc said:
Keep in mind my idea was only a suggestion, and Najo hasn't said anything about it. Also, I was meaning for it to apply only to voting.

Najo, could you let me know if my submission was OK as far as rules and such, and did you want me to send you anything else?

I just emailed you. The file was missing from your email, send it again but to the email I just replied to you from. Perhaps yahoo messed it up or filtered it for some reason.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So we can't use material posted on WotC's website? There was some really great material there that could be a help with this.

Zelc

First Post
Najo said:
Only material printed in WOTC rulebooks that are official rules are allowed. So that means no Dragon or Dungeon and no Unearthed Arcana.
Bah, no Rules of the Game rules? :( I guess I'll have to revise my build a bit. Thanks for letting us know :).

The worse thing is I'd have to edit my picture if I want it to depict the latest version, and I have no clue where I can find an image :(.

Last edited:

Najo

First Post
Alzrius said:
So we can't use material posted on WotC's website? There was some really great material there that could be a help with this.

Is the material collected in one place? Link some examples of which online material you and Zelc are refering to.

Zelc

First Post
I was using a rule out of the Rules of the Game series. Skip sometimes sprinkles some new rules or rules clarifications in there, and I got used to using them after a couple of campaigns I played in used them. I don't know how much playtesting they've been subjected to though, and in any case, it doesn't matter too much to me.

Najo

First Post
Zelc said:
I was using a rule out of the Rules of the Game series. Skip sometimes sprinkles some new rules or rules clarifications in there, and I got used to using them after a couple of campaigns I played in used them. I don't know how much playtesting they've been subjected to though, and in any case, it doesn't matter too much to me.

Ok, I know what your referring too. I think it would be best to not include those. It would be difficult for people to hunt through them and only complicates things. Those are good articles though :) Skip is the man!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads