• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E LAST CHANCE TO WIN FREE 4e Rulebooks DEADLINE JAN 30th!!! GET ENTRIES IN!!

Najo

First Post
Zelc said:
The problem is when people post on other forums and places saying "Hey, register here and vote for my build named XYZ please!" Epic Meepo's solution is really the best way of doing it if you want a poll. Otherwise, I think a poll might be a bad idea, or you could pick one "community favorite" and one "judge's favorite", or some other way of reducing the influence of the poll.

That might be an idea, run a community favorite contest and normal judging too. I will wait to see what the enworld moderators say.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Darth K'Trava said:
How's about when you post the characters, don't put the person's enworld name with the character? Just post the character and let people vote on it. And don't let people go in and post "VOTE FOR MY CHARACTER (X)" If there's a way to lock posting in polls, then do it. And have the moderators watch any threads of "VOTE FOR ME" get locked with warnings of having the person's character geting disqualified if there's cheating going on.
Can't do the "disqualify for cheating" thing. Someone could get their opponents disqualified by trying to pump up the opponents votes.

Najo

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Can't do the "disqualify for cheating" thing. Someone could get their opponents disqualified by trying to pump up the opponents votes.

Thats a good point to keep in mind.

Zelc

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Not only that, but it's tough to put a bright line on it. Can you link to your build at other forums? Can you link it and say "vote for whoever you like", knowing they'd probably be biased for voting for you? Can you even mention that you had this other build, and you can check it out at this link?

When you can't define a bright line, it becomes a game of how far you can push the envelope, which is really lame for everyone involved. The judges are frustrated at having to police everything, and the contestants have to guess at what the rules mean in order to be competitive.

If you really want to do a poll, say that only people who's had accounts since, say, Nov 2006 2007 at the latest can vote. *shrug*.

Last edited:

Zelc

First Post
Epic Meepo said:
Hey, that would mean a n00b like me can't even vote once for his own entry!
Wow, I totally forgot "last year" is 2007 :p. 2 months ago should be long enough to avoid any new arrivals who register only to vote.

perchy

First Post
Hmm i forgot to ask, whats the rules on none-standard magic items?

I don't mean sword and armour, I mean magic items of on command quickened true strike and such?

Personally i was assumeing they'd be banned, and where are you going to find the ranger with craft wonderous item etc etc

Lanamelach

First Post
Does this mean that noobs like me can't participate either? And I had such a good idea too...

Also, are feats from, say, Dragon Magazine allowed?

And what about Unearthed Arcana (specifically, item familiars, traits, and flaws)?

Last edited:

Remove ads