Late, lamented (or unlamented) fast-food chains

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
I kinda pity the folks back east. Not because they get snow and blizzards this time of year, but because they miss out on all the Jack in the Box commercials.

Torm

Explorer
pogre said:
I don't know of any Stuckeys still in biz.
I pass at least two Stuckey's on a semi-regular basis - one off exit 115 of I-20, and one off exit 181 off I-95. They aren't really a fast food place in my experience, though, so much as a particular line of merchandise carried in those truck stops.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Torm said:
I pass at least two Stuckey's on a semi-regular basis - one off exit 115 of I-20, and one off exit 181 off I-95. They aren't really a fast food place in my experience, though, so much as a particular line of merchandise carried in those truck stops.

I passed a few when I went down to Florida earlier this month.

StupidSmurf

First Post
kenobi65 said:
Huh, I'd missed that. Ah, well...I was never a fan of their food, anyway.

Side note: when I worked on the Applebee's account at our ad agency, I once did focus groups in Boston. A lot of the people we talked to there told us that Chili's was where they went for Mexican food there. (While you might call some of Chili's menu "Tex-Mex", it's a real stretch to call it Mexican food.) If there's anyone from Boston reading this thread: is Mexican food really that hard to come by in New England?

Never had trouble finding Mexican food up here, and I'm a Mass native who now lives in Nashua NH. I used to love Chi-Chi's...wasn't aware the chain's gone. I used to hit the one in Framingham MA near Shoppers World/Natick Mall.

There's a restaurant here called Marguerita's, which I think is part of a chain...Great food, and great, well, margueritas! ;)

PirateMary

First Post
I didn't feel like looking through all of this thread, just wanted to add my own. So please forgive me if they've been added already.

There were two places around here when I first moved here 14 yrs ago called Burger Park. It was drive through and walk up only. There were only picnic tables in front for those who didn't want to drive while eating, or just couldn't drive. It was cheap, fast and good. The french fries were just right and the burgers were fresh. Everything was fresh. The taste was amazing. It was a sad day when going to get a burger, I drove up and saw a Freddie's Subs had taken over. Horrible, horrible. I decided to give them a try and waited 20 min. for a 6 inch Italian sub and cola. Never went back. Now I long for the Park that was Burger...

weiknarf

Explorer
mythusmage said:
I kinda pity the folks back east. Not because they get snow and blizzards this time of year, but because they miss out on all the Jack in the Box commercials.

Jack in the Box is springing up in Tennessee

Remove ads