• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Late to the 4E party

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Which is why it is worth having a Rules Compendium. Interestingly that book is one of the few that has actually gone UP in value. New they are now up to around $35 (right this minute on Amazon, it does vary a lot). You can get used ones cheap though. Its probably worth the $10 to snag one. A LOT of the errata is in there already and you don't have to think about it.

I agree.

When I travel to DM, all I take book-wise is the Rules Compendium and the DM's Screen. Frankly, the DM's Screen covers most things - conditions - but with the Rules Compendium I really do feel I have everything I need.

And then all I need are printed stat blocks and the character sheets. I love this edition....

Bob_in_DC

First Post
I just looked up the DM's screen on Amazon. It looks like there are a couple of different options, but they all seem to be over $50. Is it just me, or is that kind of unreasonable for a screen?

Please tell me that I'm just looking at the wrong item.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I just looked up the DM's screen on Amazon. It looks like there are a couple of different options, but they all seem to be over $50. Is it just me, or is that kind of unreasonable for a screen?

Please tell me that I'm just looking at the wrong item.

Yes, that's unreasonable for a screen.

I just use the thin cardboard one that came with the DM's Kit (IIRC). If that ever gets lost or destroyed I will simply make my own. But USD50? No way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads